Someday I will Understand

Chapter 34 Where am I?

Back at the hospital she awoke with an almighty fright, not knowing where she was all she could feel was that something was in her throat and she couldn’t remove it and the pain her body ached all over.

Laying there she didnt know what to do trying to move it hurt so much, there was someone there but she couldn’t see who it was.

“Well hello Kate, your awake that’s great”
Kate didnt know what to think she didnt know where she was, and why she was hurting so much and this thing that was in her throat, was so sore
“Kate my name is Jodie, I am a nurse, you are at Grady Memorial Hospital I need you just to listen to me.

Kate could see the face of a middle aged woman looking at her with a gentle smile “What I need you to do for me is blink, one blink will mean yes and two blinks will mean no, can you do what I have asked?

Kate looked at her and blinked once. “That’s great Kate, now do you know why your in hospital?”
Kate blinked twice “You’re here my dear as you were in a car accident”
Kate looked at her confused “I know darling this must be hard for you to hear”
Kate blinked once “And now I know you must be wondering why you have something in your throat, it is a ventilator to help you breathe, it needs to stay in there a little longer until we get your doctor to come see you, so my dear close your eyes and rest.
Kate couldn’t she wanted out, though she couldn’t move, the pain was rippling through her body and she couldn’t understand that she had been in a car accident, all she wanted was Gerard and he wasn’t there.

Back at the hotel, Gerard had woken up to see Keisha draped over him naked, he started think what the fuck has happened, is this some joke, what’s going on, he shook keisha to wake her up “mprh what’s going on” her eyes opened and she saw Gerard staring at her with a confused look “Keisha why are you in my bed... NAKED?
Keisha looked at herself and saw she wasn’t wearing any clothes, it was all coming back to her on what had happened “Um....um we um ended up here”

“What do you mean ended up here, why are you naked and me too”
“Don’t you remember anything from last night”
“If I did then I wouldn’t be asking”Gerard said in an angry tone
Keisha had gotten out of the bed and started to put her clothes on and whispered “We slept together”
“We fucking what”
“We slept together, I think you thought I was Kate and I didnt know how to stop, it was like you were in a trance I wanted to stop but I couldn’t, I’m so sorry”
“I slept with you, all I remember is dreaming of Kate and making love to her”
“Well it was me, I’m sorry I didnt mean it, I was just so caught up in the moment”
“How the fuck could you do this?”
“I’m sorry” Keisha said with tears now coming down her face.
“Get the fuck out of here, she is your best friend, you let me fuck you, your fucking pathetic Keisha, just get out of here” Gerard said raising his voice

Keisha grabber her stuff and bolted out of the room, she didnt know where to go so she knocked on Frank’s door, she banged on it until she could hear movement and the door was answered.

“Keisha what’s wrong” was all Frank could muster still half asleep
“I didnt know where to go”
“Come in, what’s wrong?”
“I’ve just done something so stupid” Keisha said continuing to cry.
“What did you do?”
“I slept with Gee, I didnt mean it but I couldn’t help it”
“You did what... he did what?”
“Gee thought I was Kate and I played along I know I shouldn’t have but I did and we ended up having sex”
“Keisha are you fucking crazy”
“I no, I no, Gee just threw me out of his room, I cant believe what I have done to him and Kate she doesn’t deserve this treatment”
“It will be ok, it was an accident right?”
“Yeh it was”
“Good”

Back at the hospital Kate didnt want to close her eyes, she wanted to know what was going on, she wanted this pain to go away.

Jodie had returned with Kate’s doctor “Hi Kate your still awake”Kate blinked once “This is Dr. Edwards, he’s going to take a look at you and is going to shine a light in your face, we need you to follow it”

The doctor proceeded to check Kate’s stats and then made her follow the light with her eyes which she done successfully, the doctor spoke “Hello Kate it is wonderful that you have woken up, I’m not sure what Jodie has told you, so I will explain to you, you were bought to Grady Memorial Hospital 4 days ago, you were hit by a car and you suffered internal damage”

Kate looked at the doctor shocked trying to understand what had happened the doctor continued to speak “you suffered a lacerated liver and your spleen was ruptured, you also had internal bleeding and your left lung collapsed along with swelling around the brain”

Kate couldn’t believe what she was hearing a tear started to roll down her face, she wanted Gerard more then ever now for him to be able to comfort her but she was all alone.
“I do have some good news we have called your family and they are on there way, and now about this tube you have we will be able to take it out now, but due to your lung collapsing we will need to keep an oxygen mask on you to make sure you can breathe correctly and that it circulates around your body which will help you heal, I am going to leave you in Jodie’s hands and she will remove the tube from your throat” Kate blinked once acknowledging what she was being told

“Ok Kate what I need you to do for me is cough and I need it to be a big one, its going to hurt but I really need you to cough” Kate blinked once
“Ok here goes, start coughing please darling” With that Kate used all her might to cough, it was so painful like she had razors going down her throat and cutting it
“There we go all done, now don’t try to talk it will hurt to much, please try and get some rest you will need it” and with that Kate closed her eyes and started to nod off.

Back at the hotel, Gerard was freaking out he couldn’t believe what he had just done and what Keisha had done to him, she was meant to be Kate’s friend, he was so angry he could kill her. Mikey was with Gerard and had been told everything, he was in utter shock that Keisha could betray Kate like that and to take advantage.
Gerard’s mobile started to ring “Hello”
“Hi Gerard it’s Emma, Kate she’s awake”
“What... really?”
“Yeah we are heading to the hospital now, meet us in the lobby in 5 “
“Ok”

Gerard turned to Mikey with a huge grin on his face “She’s fucking awake”
“That’s fucking awesome”
“I’m going to the hospital now”
“Ok I’ll let everyone else know, ring me when you know what is going on”
“I will”

And with that Gerard bolted out of his room down to where Kate’s parents and sister were and headed to the hospital.