Someday I will Understand

Chapter 36 Betrayal is the worst SIN

Still awake Kate was hurting, she felt as though she had been betrayed not only by her boyfriend but worst of all her best friend who she could never ever think would ever hurt her like she had done.
But she knew it to be the truth as it had come from Keisha’s mouth, she hated them both so much.

Back at the hotel Keisha was in Frank’s room telling him what she had done.
“Keish what the Fuck, how could you?”
“I had to, I couldn’t bear it, the guilt was agonising”
“Are you crazy, Kate has just woken up and you go and tell her shit like that, Fuck Keisha does gee know?”
“I doubt it, unless Kate has told him”
“Well I am then, you know you could have ruined things for them, I hope your proud of yourself”Frank said as he walked out of his room and slammed the door.

Going to Gerard’s room Frank opened the door as it was unlocked “ Hey Gee, you here?”
Frank saw Gerard with Mikey looking at comic books
“YO Frankie, what’s up?”
“I kind of have some real bad news”
“What” Gerard said looking straight at Frank
“Keisha told Kate what happened between you guys last night”
“WHAT!!.... your fucking kidding me right?”
“Nah Gee I’m not she just told me”
“That fucking BITCH, I could Fucking kill her”
Mikey trying to calm his brother down said “I’m sure Kate will understand once you have told her what’s going on”
“I promised her I’d look after her and never hurt her, she’s gonna hate me, I have to see her”
“Bro you cant it’s like 10 at night and I’m pretty sure visiting hours are finished and she needs to rest”
“I don’t give a fuck I have to see her” and with that Gerard left with anger in his eyes and headed to the hospital.

“Mikey this isn’t going to turn out good, I can feel it”
“I know Frankie, I cant believe Keisha would tell her and out of all time’s now, she’s just woken up and that’s the last thing she would need to hear”
“I know man I know, I think I’m gonna go to the hospital, ya wanna come?
“Nah I think we should wait here and not interfere, it’s between them now”
“Well I’m gonna go and make sure they are both ok” With that Frank left for the hospital as well.

At the hospital it was after visiting hours so Gerard decided to sneak into Kate’s room, it was all dark but he decided to closed the door so he could see Kate privately.
“Who’s there” Kate asked
“Baby its me”
“What are you doing here?”
“I wanted to talk”
“I don’t want to talk to you, you make me sick”
“I’m sorry baby really I am”
“Don’t beg for forgiveness, your not worth it, I know I wasn’t the best girlfriend to you but I had reason and what I done with Frank was an accident, I was confused....but what excuse do you have nothing you slept with my best friend, I hate you NOW GO”
“Katie please let me explain it wasn’t like that”
“I don’t need you too explain, I heard what you had to say and as far as I’m concerned I’ve heard enough”
“Katie please just hear me out”Gerard said trying to plead with her
In a cold voice Kate replied “No your not worth it, never come back I never ever want to see ever again”

Gerard didnt know what to do so he left with his heart broken, the girl he loved was so angry and she had every right to be but at the same time he couldn’t let it end this way - he wouldn’t.

Frank had arrived at the hospital and unlike Gerard was stop by a nurse asking him what he was doing
“I um... just wanted to see my sister”he said lying “her name is Kate Bass, I only got here please let me see her” he said with puppy dog eyes
“Ok go ahead, but next time you have to come during visiting hours”
“Yes Mam”
Frank walked down the hallway into Kate’s dark room where he could hear her crying.
“Katie poo”
“Frankie...” Kate said amongst her crying
Frank walked over to her bed and sat next to her
“Frankie, I cant believe it, how they could do that to me I hate them both”
“Shh... it will be ok” Frank said tilting her head up and giving her a hug
“Ouch Frankie that hurts” Kate said as she winced in pain
“Oh sorry”
“Frankie did he tell you why he done it”
“Um..no Keisha was the one that told me”
“I cant believe he would betray me like that and Keisha she was meant to be my best friend”
“I cant speak on be half of Keisha but for Gee it was an accident”
“What an accident, it is not an accident when you sleep with someone your not meant to”
“Katie can we really talk, look what we almost did”
“Yeh almost did, but didnt but he did, I’m sorry Frankie, but I really want to be by myself”
“Ok” he whispered and kissed her on the forehead “I’ll come back tomorrow”

Now back at the hotel room Gerard didnt know what to do, his head was rushing around with all different thought’s and in one hand was a bottle of alcohol, he was thinking should I or shouldn’t I, what have I got to loose, the woman I love doesn’t want to have anything to do with me, I thought I would loose her and I actually have.
Gerard didnt know how to cope, he was breaking he loved Kate with all his heart and she had pushed him away.

He wanted to be strong cause he knew if she listened she would understand and be able to forgive him and he wanted that more then anything, so rather then drink the bottle of alcohol he poured it down the toilet and flushed.

He was a fighter and he was going to fight for the girl he loved.

Kate on the other hand had also been thinking she knew that Gerard had forgiven her for what she had done with Frank but nothing compared to what he had done, but yet she knew she loved him so much and it was hurting her but she knew that she couldn’t be with someone like that, he had hurt whether it be intentional or not as far as she was concerned he should have known better. In a way she just wanted to push the blame on to someone.

As she continued to think she knew if she hadn’t done what she had done in trying to end her life then none of this would have been happening and everything would have been fine, but no she had to ruin it, maybe it was her fault maybe she had pushed Gerard to far with out realising, all she wanted was for all this to go away.