Someday I will Understand

Chapter 53 The Aftermath

****PLEASE CHECK OUT KATE'S MYSPACE WHICH IS http://www.myspace.com/somedayiwillunderstand HAVE A LOOK AROUND THERE ARE PHOTO'S AND INFO, FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS AND ADD AS A FRIEND THE MORE HITS THE MORE PEOPLE WILL KNOW ABOUT THIS STORY YAY!!!****

Sitting outside Kate lit a smoke and realised what she was doing and threw it on the ground and stood on it.

Her head was everywhere, she had realised she was pregnant but what hurt her the most was the person she loved she was sure he wasnt the father and that hurt her more then anything if she was to have a child she would want to be in love with them like she was with Gerard but it hadn’t happened.

Gerard had decided to call Frank as well, there conversation was civil. Gerard could sense the strain in talking to one of his best mate’s and he didnt want that Frank was more like a brother, all the guys were and he didnt want this to tear them apart.

They both had however decided to stand by Kate and just see what happened, Frank told Gerard that he had told Jamia and that she was pretty upset about everything and at the moment didnt want to talk to him.
Gerard proceeded to tell Frank that Kate seemed pretty stressed and a little out of it.
After they said there goodbyes, Gerard went to check up on Kate who was still sitting outside unable to move anywhere.

“Babe you ok?”
Kate looked up towards Gerard “I’m ok, are you ok?”
“Yeh Katie I’m ok,”
“Gee...thanks for being soo understanding I don’t know what I have done to deserve you in my life but you mean the world to me”
Gerard wrapped his arms around her body and kissed her on the lips, he then proceeded to look in to her eyes “can I see your belly?”
“Um ok”

Gerard slightly lifted up Kate’s top which exposed her navel and placed his hand on her stomach and continued to look in her eyes with a warm smile “This is my baby Katie I can feel it”
Kate not knowing what to say just looked in to his eyes and kissed him again.

The following day Kate proceeded to go to the doctor’s again with Gerard in tow for her blood test once that was done appointments were booked for Kate to see her doctor that had delivered her first child and also to have an ultrasound in July.

After everything was booked both headed back to Kate’s place, Kate was coming to grips of having a baby inside of her and Gerard was very understanding, the next hard thing they both would have to go through would be seeing Frank that night and talking to him and letting him know everything that was going on.

Kate and Gerard ended up having a quiet one at Kate’s place both didnt say much about what was happening, Gerard wanted to but didnt know where to start his thoughts were everywhere and really trying to comprehend everything that was going on around him and the only thing he kept coming back to was Kate was having a baby and more then likely it wasnt his and this was hurting him greatly.

He tried to look at it differently but still came to the same point which was the woman he loved was having another mans baby. Gerard didnt know what to do he needed to escape he knew that he had promised to be with Kate but everything was getting the better of him and he wanted out

Gerard looked towards Kate who was staring into outer space.
“Kate I cant do this”
“Do what babe?”
“This... me you Frank and a baby”
“What do you mean?”
“I see you and its hard I don’t think you should come on tour with us” Gerard said softly
“Are you breaking up with?” Kate said looking directly into Gerard’s eyes
“Yeh I guess I am, I’m sorry”
“Don’t be sorry, I understand I think, I’ve already put you through so much I never expected you to take this on board and I know you tried baby I know you did but it really is ok”
“I really am sorry Kate I do love you but it just really hurts and I thought I’d be able to come to grips with it but I cant” Gerard said with a tear sliding down his face
"It really is ok I guess you and I were never meant to be and I know we tried our hardest, Though I hope with time you an I can still be friends and I think I should give this back to you” Kate said trying to be strong and sliding the silver ring off her finger and placing it in to Gerard’s hand.

She looked up at him and smiled. Both had said enough and shortly it was time for them to leave for the airport, Once again Mojo took Kate and Bridget took Gerard. Kate had decided to upgrade her ticket to first class in order to give herself and Gerard some space.

Through the flight all Kate could think about what was growing inside of her and before she knew it she had landed at Newark Airport. Once off the plane she didnt see Gerard at all, it was like he had already disappeared out of her life.

Texting Frank she let him know that she was on her way. Frank was nervous but yet excited at the same time. Hearing the doorbell go Frank knew that it was Kate opening the door Kate ran into his arms and started to cry.
“Aww Katie what’s wrong?”
“He broke up with me and I’m so not ready for this” Kate said as frank helped her inside
“Oh.. I’ll be here for you I promise”
Kate went and sat down on the sofa and started to tell Frank about her appointments and asked if wanted to be there and he did, whether he was on tour he wanted to be there 100%.

Frank spoke “I’m shocked Gee called it quits with you”
“I’m not, since we have been together I have put him through so much it just wasnt meant to be, I’m just sad that’s all”
“Katie Bear I will be here for you and the baby, look on the bright side we are going to be parents” Frank said with a laugh and squeezing Kate’s hand.
“I know but are you ready for this”
“I don’t know about being ready but I’m gonna try” Frank said with a reassuring smile
“Does Jamia know?”
“Yeh she doesn’t want to have a barr of me at the moment”
“I’m sorry”

Kate and Frank continued to talk about Gerard and about the pregnancy and what they both wanted to do.

Gerard on the other hand had returned to his family home and spoke to his parents about the situation, both were understanding but also told Gerard that he was silly to let Kate go this could still be his child and if you loved someone like he said he did he should support them and not run away.

Gerard went up to his room to try and think everything out, he thought he had done the right thing and Kate he seemed to be very understanding at the position she had put him in, maybe he was being a chicken but right now he didnt care, he started to think about Kate and wondered what she would be up to, knowing that she was at Frank’s he just wanted to ring her and see if she was doing ok, but he couldn’t he had made his decision and he couldn’t turn his back on it or could he?