Someday I will Understand

Chapter 54 What comes next

Gerard was able to talk to Mikey and let him know about the situation and what had happened with Kate, he was pretty shocked but had a go at Gerard for turning his back on Kate telling he needed to stand up and be a man and that Kate and him were destined to be with each other and more then ever she would need him.
Gerard understood where his brother was coming from but at the same time he started to feel guilty, once hanging up from Gerard, Mikey decided to call Kate and see how she was doing.

Kate’s was still at Frank’s and knew she was going to end up staying the night as she had no where else to go and hadn’t booked a hotel, Frank had made her feel a little happy by mucking around with her, trying to get her mind off the issues at hand and it was working, Kate was currently listening to Frank ramble on about eggs and she was in hysterics when her cell started to ring, answering it she heard the sweet voice she hadn’t heard for some time

“Mikey how are you, hows the honeymoon?”
“I’m good Katie, Gerard told me what’s happening, where are you?”
“Oh... I’m with Frank”
“Ok, are you ok?” Mikey asked with a concerned voice

Kate walked out the lounge and out the door so she could speak to Mikey privately the type of relationship they had was like that of a brother and sister and Kate really cherished it

“Could be better but I’ll be ok, Hows Gerard?”
“He’s being stubborn, he shouldn’t have done what he done, this could be his child and he’s not even there”
“Mikey it’s ok, I don’t want you to worry its not worth it, he has a lot going though his head and I understand why he ended it, I’ll be ok”
“I know you will, you’re the strong one and he’s the weak ass one, I swear he pisses me off sometimes”
“Mikey don’t be angry with your brother it’s not worth it”
“I know, I’m not angry I’m oh I don’t know, how long are you in NJ for?”
“I’m going to New York after the guys leave and from there I think I’m going to go back home for a short time and see the family, My sister is expecting her baby in like a month and I know she will want me for the birth”
“Why don’t you catch up with me and Ali?”
“Yeh that would be nice”
“You can stay with us if you want, saves you going to a hotel”
“Really?”
“Yeh Katie you’re my sister so you have too”
“Thank’s Mikey, I’ll see you in a couple of days then”
“Sounds good”
“Bye”
“Cya’

With that Kate walked back in to Frank’s house where she found him lying on the floor playing with a piece of string he had found.
“Keeping your self amused there” Kate said with a laugh
“Nup, I was bored so I was trying to keep myself amused”
“You’re a funny one Frankie, Um... so where do you want me to sleep tonight?”
“You can sleep with me if you want”
“Do you think that’s a good idea seeing what happened last time”
“Well I wont do anything if you wont but if you do then I will be happy to participate”

Frank took Kate up to his room so she could go to bed being tired from the flight all she wanted to relax and wake up to a brand new day, That night Frank didnt make a move on Kate and she was grateful, she expected him to but glad he hadn’t.

Getting up the next morning Kate did feel refreshed and had a missed call on her cell when she checked her messages it was from Mikey saying that he would be there in a little bit to hang out as Alicia was going shopping with some friends

Before she knew it the doorbell rang, answering the door she saw Mikey standing there.
“Morning Sunshine”Mikey said giving Kate a big hug
“Hi” Kate said still half asleep
“Where’s Frank?”
“Do you really need to ask?”
“In bed right”
“Damm straight” Kate said laughing “Let me get dressed and we can do whatever?”
“Cool”

Kate went back up to Frank’s room and got changed in full view of Frank, he watched her body and how gracefully it moved and then he looked at her stomach and realised that his baby was in there.
“Having fun ya fucking PERV” Kate said throwing a pillow at his head
“Yeh it was a nice view”
“Mikey is here, so I’m going out for the day with him, so I’ll see you when you get back” Kate said walking up to Frank and giving him a kiss on the cheek
“Have fun”

With that Kate walked down stair’s in a pair of tight leg jeans and a tank that said ‘bite me’ and her black hoodie in hand, she liked the thought of being casual and not dressing up.

Kate got in to Mikey’s car “So what are we doing”
“First going to Starbucks, I need coffee, can you still um drink coffee?”
Kate started to laugh “Of course I can still drink coffee”
“I wasnt sure” Mikey said going red in the face

After driving to Starbucks for the much needed coffee, Mikey drove to his parents house, once Kate realised where she was she started to freeze up not wanting to move.

“Mikey what are we doing here, your parents they must hate me and Gee what if he’s there”
“Stressless Kate, my parent’s don’t hate you and Gee aint here”

Mikey got out of the car and Kate followed suit, she was still nervous so grabbed Mikey’s hand and walked behind him, walking in to the house Donna came rushing from the kitchen and walked straight up to Kate and gave her a big hug “Oh my poor dear, what you must be going through, everything will be ok” Donna said trying to sound reassuring

Once she had let go, she gestured for Kate to sit down and relax “Thank you” Kate whispered

Everyone started talking and Kate started to feel at ease, Donna explained that she was upset with Gerard for not standing by Kate and deep down she thought he didnt really want this Mikey agreed, Kate tried to tell them she understood where Gerard was coming from, but they wouldn’t listen to what she had to say.

Though she did tell them that she was going to get a paternity test she had looked it up on the internet last night and there was a procedure called amniocentesis where an insertion of a thin fine needle is inserted in to the belly in order to obtain fluid from the unborn baby which contains and then all that is required is for the mother and alleged father’s to also take a DNA test and then with in a week there would be results, Kate also said she could get this done at the 13 week mark and she had already decided she was going to do it, she just needed Frank and Gerard to comply as well.

Mikey and Donna thought this was great news, Donna had asked if Kate’s family knew and she told her she was going to wait until the DNA test was done it would just be easier.

After having some lunch Kate and Mikey started to play some video games and were having so much fun that they didnt realise who had just entered through the front door and was not at all expecting to see Kate especially as there was someone else there who had accompanied him.