Someday I will Understand

Chapter 55 What do I do?

Mikey and Kate didnt notice that Gerard was there with someone, Gerard wasnt expecting to see Kate but before he had a chance to say anything his friend did “Miiikkkeeeeyyyyyyyy” she yelled, with that Mikey spun around knowing that voice from anywhere.

Kate also looked up and saw this girl next to her was Gerard, Kate started to feel nervous as the last person she expected to see was Gerard and she wasnt ready to see him yet.
“El what ya doing” Mikey said
“Nothing much, me and Gerard have just been hanging, haven’t we” she said looking towards Gerard and awaiting his reply “Yeh”Gerard said mumbling
“So are you going to introduce me to your friend” She said looking at Kate
“Um...yeh Katie this is Eliza” Mikey said
“Hi” both girls said in unison, Kate started to stare at Eliza with her short brown hair, big blue eyes and slender frame, Kate immediately felt jealous of her.

Kate nor Gerard said a word to each other though Kate did speak “Mikey I’m gonna go wait in the car” and with that she grabbed the car keys and hurriedly headed out the front door past Gerard.

Once Kate had left Eliza spoke “Wow, what’s her problem?” No one spoke.

As much as Gerard didnt want to see Kate he knew he wanted to talk to her, walking outside he tapped on the car window, Kate looked up at him her eyes filled with tears. Gerard could see that she was hurting and just wanted to hold her.

Kate wound down the window “What do you want”she whispered
Gerard started to feel guilty.

“Um... I thought we could talk
“Is there really anything to talk about?”
“Um...us”
“Gerard there is no us, I understood where you were coming from and I’m fine with that and if you want to see other girls straight away well that’s fine too. Im not with you anymore and my problems are my own”
“Kate it’s not what it seems Eliza is just a friend that’s all”
“You don’t need to explain yourself to me”
“Katie I miss you” Gerard said out of nowhere
“Don’t do this, I cant hear it”
“Please can we just go somewhere to and talk”
“No I’m waiting for your brother and I’m going, please just go”

With that Kate closed the window and turned her head so as not to face Gerard as tears started to slide down her face. Gerard went back inside and found Mikey and Eliza with Donna.

Donna spoke“Mikey bring her inside she doesn’t need to be there she is part of this family now, Eliza I’m sorry darling I’ll need you to leave as we have some matter’s to discuss and while both my boys are here I tend to get them sorted”

Mikey walked Eliza out and as she walked past the car where Kate was still sitting she looked directly at her with a bitchy smirk on her face.
After Eliza left Mikey got in the car to talk to Kate “Kate will you please come back inside?”

“I cant not while Gee is there”
“Please my mum wants to talk with you, it will all be ok I’ll be there” Mikey said with a dopey grin

With that grin it always won her over so she decided to get out of the car “Fine I’ll do it”

Walking back inside Kate could see Gerard sitting with his mother in the lounge, Mikey beckoned for Kate to sit beside him in which she did facing Gerard

Donna started to talk ““I understand Kate that you are going through a difficult time at the moment, but please I know you love my son as much as he loves you, please work these problems out, Kate you are part of this family and we need to support each other”

Kate didnt know what to say “Um... I appreciate where your coming from Donna but really I am ok and I’m not doing this alone I do have support and that is Frank, I don’t want to burden your family with my problems”

“Don’t ever think that Kate, you aren’t we want to help you” Mikey said giving her a hug

Gerard was speechless he had come to the realisation that he had been an utter fool and wanted Kate more then anything back in his arms where he could protect her like he promised.

“Thanks Mikey” Kate said wiping back her tears
“Kate can we talk privately?” Gerard said hoping she now would want to talk to him properly

Kate new she had no choice and decided to hear what Gerard had to say “Sure”

Both of them went to Gerard’s room and sat on his bed, looking into each other’s eyes they could see the love that they had for each other but in the back of Kate’s mind she couldn’t do it she was adamant that Frank was the father of her unborn child and being with Gerard or around him would cause them both too much pain that wasnt necessary.

“Gerard before you speak just listen to what I have to say, I love you I really do and I don’t think I’ll ever stop loving you, you have always been there for me no questions asked and nobody in there right mind could ask for something like that. I will cherish that forever, but now I need to do this on my own, I know your not ready for this responsibility and I don’t expect you to be this is life changing and I don’t want you to jeopardise your future for me”

“Katie...” Gerard said with a tear falling down his cheek, he knew that she wasnt right he did want to be there and he wanted to help her
“No Gerard it’s ok, I can tell that you love me but like I said I know your not ready for this, it really is ok”
“Katie I love you and I want to be there for you and the baby I know I can do this, I was being a fool and I’m sorry for that I am really”
“See that’s just it we cant always keep saying we are sorry over and over cause all we are doing is going around in a circle and I cant do it anymore”
“What about if I’m the father Kate what will happen then?”
“When we get to that bridge we can cross it which will be when I hit the 13 week mark I’m going to have a procedure done where they can check the babies DNA and determine who the biological father is”
“Are you really ready for this?” Gerard asked questioningly

Kate looked at him wanting to lie but she knew she couldn’t “No I’m not, I’m scared shitless, I’m not ready for a baby but hey there’s nothing I can do I cant walk away from it”
“Well Katie let me in please I want to be there with you, what I said back in LA was stupid I was just overwhelmed and I just wanted to run away, this is a whole new experience. I knew one day we would have children but not this soon and hearing it might not be mine really hurt”
“You thought we would have children one day?” Kate said with a serious look on her face
“Katie you’re the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, I knew that from when I met you”

Kate didnt know what to think should she go back to the man she loved or end it now knowing more then likely he wasnt the father of her unborn child and do this on her own or at least with the support of Frank.