Someday I will Understand

Chapter 58 JVMA's

Kate loved the Japanese styled dress with the beautiful embroidery it had, Kate had decided on this dress for the red carpet as a show of respect to such a beautiful culture and the other dress she just thought was really pretty and would be nice for the actual awards show. Kate knew that today would be the first time she had attended an awards show and that by tomorrow her photo would be splashed across magazines around the world and she didnt care.

Kate and Gerard heard banging on the door so Kate opened it and found Bob standing there “Where’s Gee?”
Kate pointed and Bob walked into the hotel room, Gerard saw him and started to laugh “You’re a fucking bitch
WAY
“She’s not that bad man” Gerard said trying not laugh again and get Bob more pissed off
“I’ve never heard someone squeal so much then apologise for squealing and then squeal some more all the while still talking like 100 miles a minute and then what made it worse was that fucking Iero would squeal at her to get a reaction and she would do it again. IT was doing my head in” Bob said letting out his frustration

Kate couldn’t contain herself and bursted out laughing, Bob glared at her “So what’s she doing now” Kate said in between her laughing
“Frank and her were jumping around like little kids on a fucking sugar rush or something”
“Awe Bobby poor you” Gerard said with a big grin on his face.

Bridget eventually came back to the room when it was time for the boys to leave for an appearance on a Japanese music show from there they would go to the JVMA’s.

Kissing Kate goodbye Gerard said he would try and get a glimpse of her on the red carpet, otherwise he would talk to her later. With Gerard now gone Kate decided to do her make up and get ready.

Putting her dress on she looked splendid in it, she only wished Gerard could see how she looked, wearing a small heel shoe it was the same colour as the dress and her hair had loose curls she had decided she wanted something different and just wearing a light coloured eyeshadow and lip gloss Bridget would accompany Kate down the red carpet and she wore a simple navy blue strapless dress with her hair straightened, Ready to go Kate became a bit nervous.
A driver would be picking up the girls, and it was now time to leave, Kate grabbed her clutch and made sure she had her cell phone in order to be able to text Gerard.

In the car Kate texted Gerard and let him know she was on her way, he replied and advised they were on there way too and would be there very shortly.

Finally arriving at the Saitama Super Arena Kate got out of the car and she could hear people yelling her name, she got a rush it was so exciting and the atmosphere was even better, Kate would be presenting the award for Best Pop Video and she was looking forward to it.

Walking down the red carpet Kate waved towards the public and smiled at the photographs, Kate couldn’t see Gerard or anyone she knew on the red carpet and she was fine with that, doing some interviews there were general questions asked but nothing was said about her son and she was grateful for that.

Finally Kate was ushered backstage so that she was able to change in to her other dress which would be a bit more comfortable for her once in her change room, Bridget unzipped her dress so Kate could get out of it while Kate took her dress off there was a knock on the door, Bridget answered and saw Gerard standing in front of her, he whisked past her and put his hands over Kate’s eyes - Kate knew straight away who it was

“Hey baby” she whispered
He turned her around so she was only in her bra and underwear “Hey babe” he purred into her ear and kissing her softly on the lips.
“Did you have fun on the carpet, I looked for you but I couldn’t see anyone”
“I saw you and you looked so beautiful, Bob took some photo’s of you when you were close enough, the guys thought you looked stunning”
“Awe thanks baby” Kate said smiling
“I gotta go now, by the way you look hot right now”
“Haha very funny I gotta put this black dress on now” Kissing each other once again Gerard left

Kate got changed and this time wore the black dress with pink ribbon and with black heels, once ready Kate and Bridget were taken to there seats and then later on in the evening Kate would once again be taking back stage in order to present an award.

The awards was a lot of fun though Kate and Bridget weren’t able to understand most of it only the stuff in English, Kate had been texting Gerard just to annoy him sending him dirty comments and what she wanted to do with him when they got back to the hotel she knew Gerard would be getting frustrated and it made her laugh a little he would send her message back telling her to stop it and that he wanted her more.

Finally it was time for MCR to perform and Kate watching as a spectator she really enjoyed it, they sang Welcome to the Black Parade and Kate thought they were all just magnificent.

Once there performance was finished Kate had to go back stage and meet the presenter she was presenting with, walking on the stage Kate got over her nerves and went out there and gave it her all, everyone cheered when she cam on to the stage and the reception she got was just humbling to her, Reading out the nominees Kate waited for the video to show and then read out the winner “And the winner for Best Pop Video is ‘Renai Shashin (Love Photograph) by Ai Otsuka” A loud roar erupted and a tiny woman came up on the stage with soft brown hair, she gave Kate a hug and kiss on the cheek, Kate then walked back off the stage.

Getting back to her seat Kate sat and talked to Bridget “So how did I go?”
“You were great Kate”
“Thanks Bridge”
Kate checked her cell and saw she had a text message it read
babe u were HOT and done a fucking brilliant job

Kate texted Gerard back
tanx bbe, luv u! I still cant wait for 2nite :-)

By now it was time for the best rock video to be announced, Kate knew MCr had been nominated and crossed her fingers hoping they would get the award as this would be there first beside a Kerrang award once the announcer had read out the nominees, the winner was announced “THE BLACK PARADE by My Chemical Romance

Kate saw the boys get up all excited and saw Gerard look at her with a big smile or so she thought
They went on the stage and collected there award and gave a little speech.

Shortly after the show came to an end and Bridget and Kate were taken to a car to drop them off at the hotel, Kate was all excited and knew there would be celebratory drinks in one of the rooms, only she didnt realise it would be her’s getting in her room there was music playing and the 4 guys including Brian and also the fill in for Mikey, Matt Cortez for some reason Kate had thought his name was Adam.

So Kate and Bridget walked in to the room and saw everyone having a laugh, Ray noticed Kate first and gave her a hug “You done a great job tonight" he said with a big smile on his face”
“Thanks Ray”

Gerard walked up to her and held her in his arms and kissed her passionately “Congratulations baby” Kate whispered
“Thanks baby”
Kate was handed a beer by Bob she took a swig of it and then continued to congratulate everyone for there winning.

The get together went on for what seemed like ever but Kate had fun, but was even more grateful to be able to just fall asleep in Gerard’s arms.