Someday I will Understand

Chapter 63 Baby Boom

A week had passed and Emma still hadn’t popped so today she was being taken to St Vincent’s private to be induced as it was now time for the baby to be born, during that time Kate really hadn’t been able to talk to Gerard very much she had been caught up to much with her family and was loving every minute she was spending with them and had made the decision the day she was leaving she was going to tell them she was pregnant and from that let them make there own assumptions or really just let them assume that Gerard was the father so then hopefully they would take it alright

Sitting down on her bed at the family home Kate looked at how her room really hadn’t changed very much there was still posters up there of the backstreet boys she use to like as a teenager and other celebrity crushes she had.
Kate could feel a vibrating sensation in her pocket and realised it was her cell looking at the caller ID she saw that it was Gerard so she answered

“Hey baby”
“Katie, finally it’s been like ages since we spoke, how are you?” Gerard said
“I’m good I’m just sitting on my old bed sitting in my room”
“I miss you”
“I miss you too but not too much longer, how is everyone else?”
“They are good but I don’t wanna talk about them though”
“oh.. What’s up then?”
“Nothing it just seems like we really haven’t spoken” Gerard said with sadness in his voice which Kate was able to pick up on
“Aww sorry baby, I’ve just been so caught up with my family and tonight my sister is being induced cause she still hasn’t popped, it’s a lot of baby buzz around here”
“And how are you coping with that?”
“I’m actually ok, I’m looking forward to meeting my new niece or nephew, nothing is going to stop me from missing Hayden or even loving him, I’m just learning to deal with it better”
“That’s great baby, how’s our baby going?”
“It’s going good I haven’t had any morning sickness while I have been here which has been really good and no one has suspected anything, can you believe I’m just over 5 weeks now and when I get back I’ll be 6 weeks”
“Time goes quick”
“Baby I gotta go my family want me”
“Ok I love you always”
“Love you forever”

With that the call was ended and Kate went down to see what her family wanted.

Gerard was now in Venice Italy and the boys had already done there concert, due to the time difference in was hard to always call Kate, he was a little sad that he hadn’t been able to talk to her longer but he knew how to deal with it and he was counting down the days till her return, he was looking forward to it more then anything and unbeknownst to him so was some one else.

Kate and her family had arrived at the hospital to wait for the new arrival to the family, Kate was happy to wait outside with her parents but her sister didnt want that she wanted her sister there like she had been for Kate, Kate didnt know what to say she was so happy she would be able to experience this with her sister like she had with her.

After being in labour for nearly 10 hours Conner Grant O’Grady was born, Emma and her husband were now the proud parents of a healthy baby boy who had all finger’s and toes, getting all excited Kate ran out of the theatre and told her parents they now had a grandson, everyone hugged and laughed.

Kate decided to call Gerard and share the good news with him, dialling his number Kate heard a groggy voice answer the phone
“Hey Baby” Kate yelled into the phone
“Kate is that you, is everything ok?” Gerard said still half asleep
“Yeh baby it’s fine, I’m an Aunty to a beautiful little boy, Conner Grant O’Grady weighing 8 pound 3 ounces” Kate said still screaming in the phone unable to contain her excitement

“Babe that’s great, tell Emma Congrats from me please”
“I will I promise, I’ll have to send you a picture he is just so adorable, well I better let you get some sleep I love you”
“I love you too, I’ll talk to you later”

Both hung up and Gerard went back to sleep while Kate walked to her sister’s private room where the new mother was now holding her precious son, memories came flooding back to Kate from when she had Hayden and how beautiful he was when he was a newborn, pushing past it she put it to the back of her head, looking down at Conner her new nephew he looked so angelic and peaceful.

Another week had passed and Kate hadn’t spoken to Gerard since the hospital when her nephew was born she really didnt mind and was sure he would be fine, Kate was getting ready to tell her family that she was pregnant as she knew she had to do face to face rather then over the phone her parents at least deserved that respect.

Once everything was packed Kate made sure she had her parents and sister in the living room where she could talk to all of them before it was time to leave.

All wondered what Kate was up to as she had called a family meeting
“Um... I know you must all be wanting to know why I have you here, well I have some news and I think its best I tell you now rather then later so I guess I’ll just say it I’m 6 weeks pregnant”

Everyone looked at Kate and said nothing, no one knew what to think

“Um... is anyone gonna speak” Kate knew the first person to speak would be Emma as Kate had just invited everyone to give there opinion
“How’d this happen?” Emma asked still stunned
“How do you think Em’s?” Kate said trying not to be a smartass
“I know that, but are you ready for this, this is big Kate”
“No Em’s I’m not ready but it’s happened and there’s nothing I can do to stop it, Daddy are you going to say anything?” Kate said looking at her father who was being very quiet she could tell that he wasnt impressed but hoped he would understand
“There’s nothing to say Kate, what can I do I try to protect my children but in the end you make your own decisions and you have to deal with it yourself” Kate’s father said before walking out of the room, Kate’s mother walked over
“Sweetheart your father is just shocked I think we all are, just give him some time and it will be fine”
“Thanks Mum” Kate said giving her mum a hug
Emma continued to stare really not knowing to say this was the last thing she was expecting to hear
“Kate I’ll support you but don’t think I’m happy with what you have told me cause to be frank I’m not” Emma said with an angry tone
“I know Em’s I really wasnt expecting this but it happen but it did and I’m dealing with it as best as I can, and Gerard has been a great help” Kate said with a small smile
“He should have known better too, it has been a couple of months since Hayden passed away and now your having another baby, you haven’t even had time to mourn over your loss and now you wont be able too cause you have to care for another child and your not married, remember what we always said get married and then have children”
“Em’s time changes, I love Gerard and this baby will be fine it will have all the love in the world”

Emma walked off as she was getting angry at her sister and it wasnt due to the fact that her sister was now pregnant it was that she had finally had a baby and the attention was on her and now it was going to be taken away as it would be on Kate she hated being jealous of her sister but she was and she couldn’t help it.

Kate grabbed her stuff and left with Bridget to the airport without saying goodbye to anyone as she knew they were all disappointed in her and she knew she had to be fine with that, hopefully they would come around only time would tell.