Someday I will Understand

Chapter 65 Whether I'm right or wrong

Six weeks had passed and Kate had been settling into a quiet existence of relaxing for a few weeks but was now back on the road for more concerts which meant more travelling on the road with Gerard and the rest of the guys.

It was time though for Kate to fly back to La so that she could have a paternity test as she was now just over 13 weeks pregnant.
Gerard and Frank had already done the swab test and sent it back to the doctor’s clinic it was just now the babies turn to determine who the father was, Gerard had arranged for Mikey to go with Kate as support.

Kate was finally showing a little bump but didnt need to resort to wearing baggy clothing as it was barely noticeable, though the media had started to speculate as there were picture’s of clothing she had been wearing and they were trying to make their own assumptions Kate had declined to comment until she knew who the biological father was and also once she was fully through her first trimester.

Kate was genuinely nervous but at the same time she would also be having her first ultra sound so she would be able to find out when she was due which she was looking forward too.
Frank was totally convinced that he was the father and had started buying baby stuff with his free time that he had during there break where as Gerard wanted to wait and see he didnt want to get his hopes up and then be let down he knew that he could be a father to a child he just wasnt sure if he was ready and that’s what scared him.

Since Kate had been back with Gerard she hadn’t spoken to her parents she felt they were still disappointed in her she had though spoken to her sister who told her to give them some more time as they needed to get their heads around this as this was not something they were able to take lightly, though Emma had told her she was happy for her and wanted to know everything after the first ultrasound (Emma wasnt aware of the DNA testing that would be going on as Kate had wanted to keep that to herself ) Kate had learned from Emma that her new nephew was doing wonderfully and that he was very healthy.

Kate also hadn’t really thought of Keisha either since the plane trip back to Spain which she was grateful for as she still wasnt ready to forgive her as the wound’s of what she had done were still very fresh in her mind, one thing that Kate was unable to get out of her mind was that dream she kept having of the dark figure and the loud banging sound she wished it would disappear as this was the first time it had resurfaced in such a long time and Kate wished for it all to just go away.

Packing an overnight bag Kate was heading to LA and meeting Mikey there where the next day they would be going to the doctor’s clinic, as time went by Kate was becoming more nervous she was finally going to be able to get some answers though she knew it wouldn’t be straight away, everything that was going on was causing her some stress and she hated this feeling and knew that it wouldn’t be good for the baby at all.

Kate knew that once she got to LA she would be seeing her therapist and trying to get some help she didnt want to tell Gerard yet as she didnt want to worry him over nothing though she knew that she ought to be honest but she took it upon herself to have this stress by herself.

Kate boarded her flight to LA and looked forward to getting there she was grateful that Mikey was going to be there for her as Gerard was unable to.

Finally getting back home Kate saw that Mikey was parked outside her gates waiting for her as she drove up and pressed the button on her key chain the doors slowly swung open and Mikey followed her u the driveway where both of them parked there cars, once out of the car Kate ran up to MIkey and gave him a big hug and kiss on the cheek.

“It’s so great to have you here” Kate said all excited
“I’m glad I can be here, I know Gee wanted to but I hope I will do” Mikey said with a little laugh
“You will do just fine” Kate said as she opened her front door and let herself in to her empty property, it smelt clean but to her the air seemed dull as no one had been there for sometime, Kate was glad she didnt have any pets as she would have been a terrible owner never being home.

Kate showed Mikey the spare room where he would be sleeping that night, both decided to go to a Japanese restaurant for dinner as both still loved there sushi, arriving at the Japanese restaurant both ordered there food which was sushi and tempura, once there meals arrived both ate it very quickly.

After finishing dinner, both decided to go for a walk down along the broadwalk where they could smell the ocean but see all the stars shining.
“Are you nervous about tomorrow Katie?”
“I am but at the same time I’m excited as I will finally be able to get some answers I just wish that I could have Gerard here with me, but hey shit happens we cant always get what we want” Kate said with a smile

After they had finished there walk both got ice-cream’s and went back to Kate’s house where it was time to get a good night sleep as tomorrow would be a long day.