Someday I will Understand

Chapter 67 How Quiet

Kate still had another 24 hrs before she would be flying back to New Jersey to be with Gerard and for once she didnt know what to do with herself, her life was like and emotional roller coaster and she didnt know when the ride was going to end.

Walking around the house she noticed that Mikey was on her laptop connected to the internet “Whatcha looking up?” she asked with curiosity
“I’m just chatting to Ali in your AIM”
“Cool, um... why aren’t you using yours?” Kate replied with a confused look
“It logged straight in to yours and then Ali said hi so I thought fuck it” Mikey said turning around with a smile
“Each to there own” Kate said as she started to walk away
“What’s that meant to mean?”
“Nothing Mikes I’m just playing with you
“Oh ok”

Kate continued to walk off and went up to Hayden’s nursery where she had started to pack things away silent tears fell down her face as memories came back of her with her little boy, she continued to do what she was doing and then decided to call someone she hadn’t spoken to in such a long time the person she had taken them sacred wedding vows with the person she was to love and cherish through sickness and health to death do them part Lance.

Dialling his cell she started to get cold feet and hoped he wouldn’t answer and she could just leave a voice message but then she heard that slight southern drool, the voice she had fallen in love with them years ago.
“Hello”
“Hi Lance, its Kate how are you?” Kate asked with a hint or nerviness in her voice
“Kate really” Lance exclaimed “I’m good its been a while”
“Yeh its me and yeh I know its been a while I just wanted to see how you were doing and all. I’ve been packing Hayden’s room up”
“Really what are you doing with his stuff” Lance asked a little concerned
“I wanted us to go through this together cause I think its time to do so” Kate replied
“Yeh me too, but how have you been?”
“I’m doing ok I promise I’ve had my moments but I seem to be getting through them”Kate said quietly
“Are you still with that guy?”
“Yeh I’m still with Gerard, we have had our ups and downs but he has been a pillar of strength for me as well, I’m also 13 weeks pregnant I guess that’s really the main reason I’m calling” Kate said letting her heart out
“I know, Emma told me so that if I found out I wouldn’t be shocked but congratulations, are you ready for this so shortly after Hayden?”
“Really I don’t know, I don’t want this baby to replace Hayden and I don’t want people to think that either and I guess that’s what I’m really scared about”
“Nothing will ever replace Hayden so don’t ever think that, you’re a great mother Kate and you will be a great mother to this child as well”
“Thanks Lance”
“That’s what I’m here for but I gotta go so email me when you wanna go through the stuff and we can meet up and make arrangements”
“Ok Bye” Kate said with a smile in her voice
“Bye Kate” Lance said as he hung up his cell phone

Kate walked out of Hayden’s room and into her own to have a shower where she could wash away any stress that she had, staring at her naked body she rubbed her hands over her growing belly and smiled.
After she had finished she found Mikey still on the laptop.

“Katie come look at this, there are pictures of me and you on the net they are calling me the mystery man how funny is that?” Mikey stated laughing
Kate walked over a little closer to see what Mikey was on about
“That’s me and you at the clinic today” Kate exclaimed
“Yeh I know, Ali told me the website to go to as she was told by some friends”
“Wow, I guess we could be a cute couple”Kate said laughing
“Yeh too bad I’m married and your dating my brother and expecting his child” Mikey said with a smile
“I hope so, I really hope so cause if it isn’t I can see this tearing us apart for good and right now we are having so much fun being together, I really love your brother Mikey like really do”
“He loves you more”
“Thank’s Mikes your so sweet” Kate said giving him a kiss on the cheek

Once Mikey had packed up the laptop after laughing at more photo’s of Kate and him on the internet and with funny captions under them, both decided to get an early night as they had an early flight back to New Jersey the next day.

Gerard who was in New Jersey was once again getting excited that the woman he loved was coming back to him, it was like he was possessive of her but it wasnt the case he knew that she done her own things but he loved being with the woman he loved and there was nothing else he needed in his life besides her and his band.

Waking up early the next morning Kate got dressed and her stuff together to head back to the airport to fly back to Gerard, waking Mikey up they quickly had some breakfast and then hopped into the car for the short drive to LAX airport where they would dump the car in the parking lot and Bridget it would have someone else pick it up.

Kate had decided against any body guards today she was ready to face the world and it’s media though she wouldn’t be giving out any answers.

Getting out of the car and holding Mikey’s hand (They had a little plan just to fool the paparazzi) Kate was wearing a green babydoll dress and brown cowboy boots with no makeup and just her sunglasses hiding her face from the public, heading in to the airport both could see the hordes of paparazzi behind them while they stood to check in for their flight.

(Pictures of what Kate is wearing can be found on her myspace, www.myspace.com/somedayiwillunderstand)

Kate was feeling a little uneasy bout the plan her and Mikey were carrying out with, but when he smiled at her and acknowledged her insecurity of it, it was all just going to be some fun to fool the media and let them speculate.

Walking through the airport together both were being pushed together and kate was starting to be pushed around when Mikey yelled at them without realizing what he was saying “She’s pregnant, can you fucking stop pushing her around”

Grabbing her hand tightly kate looked at him with disbelief through her sunglasses at what Mikey had just said. Saying nothing the Paparazzi backed back but started up with questions of when are you due, is this your partner. Kate couldnt handle it and just wanted to scream finally getting to the first class lounge she was able to sit down and let everything sink in.

Mikey knew she was upset at him and he didnt know what to say, there plan had just been to play it up of him being the mystery man in her life nothing more and nothing less but with in a few minutes that had all changed not even Kate’s management knew she was pregnant and they were going to be pissed at not being notified.

Both sat there quietly before Kate spoke.