Someday I will Understand

Chapter 68 Clarity, Peace, Serenity

Kate looked up at mikey and she could see the sadness that he had in his eyes, right now she was angry very angry.

“Why Mikey? Now everyone is gonna know” Kate said in a hurtful tone.
“I’m sorry really, it was an accident I didnt mean it” Mikey replied still with sadness in his eyes.
“Well look what YOUR accident had done!” Kate screamed.
“I know...I just wasnt thinking and...they were pushing you around and I didnt want them to hurt you or the baby” Mikey said with utter sincerity.

Kate knew he hadn’t done it on purpose and yes she knew that it was a mistake but there was still anger and even possible hate and with these feelings Kate finally understood that this wasnt brought on my Mikey it was the media the people that documented her every move from what she was wearing to what she ate to the person she was dating or supposedly linked to.

It was them people she was angry towards and she silently wished they would just leave her alone.

“It’s ok Mikes...I guess it had to come out sometime” Kate said with a slight smile on her face.

Mikey took this as though his apology had been accepted, giving Kate a quick hug he could she didnt want to let go but she did.

Mikey knew that his brother was going to be pissed at him once he found out but with Kate on his side hopefully it would go smoothly for a change, being brother’s they loved each other and they were never volatile with each other but they had there moments where they would disagree or get in to arguments like any siblings did but Mikey was sure this was going to be different but he knew he had to deal with it and in the end hopefully it would all be fine.

The flight from LA to New Jersey was a quiet one, Kate and Mikey had spoken little and Mikey could tell that she was replaying what had happened over and over in her head.

He hated seeing her like ths and he felt he was still to blame for what had happened only that short time ago.

Kate continued to stare out the window with her I-Pod headphones in her ears listening to music such as FOB, Hinder and even the new Rihanna Album.

Once the plane landed Kate didnt want to turn her cell on as she was sure that as soon as she turned it on it would start ringing and she couldn’t be bothered with her management, so rather she asked Mikey to text Gerard and let him know that she had arrived and would see him shortly, Finally getting there stuff Kate and Mikey walked out of the airport to get a cab back to the Way residence while in the car MIkey spoke.

“Kate... what are you going to tell Gerard?” he asked worryingly
“Mikey don’t worry I’m going to tell him the truth, it will be fine I promise...like I said it wasnt your fault”
“Then how come you were so quiet on the flight?”
“I was angry but not at you the media, I guess it just became too much that’s one reason why I like being in NJ no stress its beautiful and while I was thinking I’m gonna sell my house and move out here”
“Really that would be cool”
“Well seeing I’m pregnant I cant work and I don’t want to but I am going to get my album along, I’ve started to write songs and Ray has been a big help, but other then that no acting for a while...I’m going to try and be a normal person”
“That sounds awesome...and really I am sorry I opened my mouth but I’m glad your ok” Mikey said kissing Kate on the cheek

Kate smiled sweetly as they arrived outside the Way residence where Kate could see Gerard waiting outside for her to arrive.

Getting out of the cab Mikey grabbed their luggage and both walked up to the front door, Gerard opened his arms and pulled Kate in to a tight embrace where he kissed her on the lips and whispered “I missed you”

Getting inside Kate sat on the sofa she had become accustomed to, the house she had become accustomed to, she had been living here for the last few weeks as a normal person and she had loved every minute of it but she knew in two days she would be on tour with Gerard for Projekt Revolution.

(I had to jump in to the future in order for the story not to become boring otherwise it would have taken for ever hehe :))

Kate grabbed Gerard by the hand and urged for him to come outside where they could talk privately.

Gerard looked at her questioningly not knowing what was going on
“Baby what’s up?”
“Something happened today”
“What?” Gerard replied
“Well I’ll start frm the start...yesterday Mikes and I were followed and there were pictures of us on the internet and the media were calling him my mystery man...so at the um airport we decided to play it up and were holding hands”

Gerard looked at her and started laughing he thought what he was being told was funny and he didnt know why Kate was being so serious
“Its ok babe, if you think I was gonna be angry your wrong” Gerard said trying to be reassuring.

“I haven’t finished, so anyways while we were at the airport the paps were being real pushy and I was getting pushed around so Mikey yelled at them, only he told them I was pregnant at the same time... and before you get all angry it was an accident... he was um...trying to look after me so please don’t get pissed at him” Kate said with pleading eyes.

Gerard didnt know what to think, the whole world was now bound to know that the woman he loved was pregnant and he hated what he couldn’t control.
“What else do they know”he snared
Kate could see that Gerard was getting pissed “Um that’s it...oh and they think Mikey is the father”
“Great Kate that’s fucking great!” Gerard yelled

Kate looked at him worryingly she hadn’t wanted this to turn into a screaming match but if he wanted she would be sure to give him one.
“Don’t be a smartass, it happened so we just have to move on from it, there’s nothing we can do about it... like I said it was an accident” Kate yelled back
“Yeh Mikey couldn’t keep his fucking mouth shut”
“Don’t bring him into this...he didnt mean it so leave him out of it”
“Why the fuck should I Kate he’s the one who fucking done this” Gerard said getting more agitated

“Can you just stop it...your bloody stubborn...if this should be affecting anyone it’s me not YOU, not Frank nor Mikey, your not the one who is pregnant and has all these constant pressures, your not the one who has to watch there every step as otherwise they will be photographed and everything splashed in the media and you certainly don’t need to act like a fucking prick!” Kate yelled as tears fell down her face and she ran in the house and into the bathroom where she locked the door

Gerard could see that he had hurt Kate but he hadn’t expected her to take it this way his anger had been replaced with guilt, walking back inside he saw his brother who said nothing.

“Where did Kate go?” Gerard asked
“In the bathroom...she looked pretty upset...man Im sorry bout what happened I really didnt mean it” Mikey said
“Its cool bro, I know you were only trying to protect her, but I took it the wrong way and we started yelling at each other which Im sure you heard”
“Yeh I did” Mikey replied

Gerard walked up to the bathroom and tried to open the door but it was locked so he knocked on the door hoping Kate would answer
“What”she said all muffled
“Baby can I come in?”
“Go away”
“Katie I’m sorry...I know I was a jerk...can you let me in?”

Kate got up from the bathroom floor and opened the door her face all puffy and her eyeliner smudged from her crying.
“What?” she whispered
“I just wanted to say I was sorry for the way I acted” Gerard said trying to kiss Kate on the lips
“Me too, I think I over reacted it’s the hormones, I went through this with Hayden...I’m sorry”Kate said returning the kiss Gerard had wanted to give her.

The rest of the evening was spent relaxing in front of the TV watching re-runs of old TV shows, Kate was looking forward to getting some shut eye, she needed it.