Someday I will Understand

Chapter 70 Who's the Father?

A couple of days had passed and Kate still hadn’t received the test results yet, she was now waiting anxiously for the email - a formal letter would also be sent which would be going to Gerard’s parents house - as the guys were once again on tour kate was slowly going out of her mind as she paced up and down the bus constantly checking her emails.

Everyone remained quiet as no one wanted to disturb Kate from what she was doing. Frank was getting nervous as he wanted to know the results and have all his questions answered. Gerard though was still remaining calm and wanted it to stay that way.

Kate checked her email again but there was still nothing, still waiting Kate herself was now becoming a little paranoid sitting on the sofa she started to stare out the window where her mind was running into overdrive thinking a million different things from who the father could be, to why she didnt have any results had they forgotten about her. Gerard could see Kate was getting stressed so he moved closer to her and embraced her to reassure her everything would be alright.

Frank looked over and wished he could have been the one to comfort her as the feelings he had for her were still there, Kate glanced at her email and noticed that nothing had changed it was still the same.

Trying to break the quietness Mikey spoke “So is...um...anyone hungry?”

Kate just stared having no response still waiting for that ever important email, Frank turned around and for the 1st time had nothing to say.

Bob was getting impatient as he was hating the mood everyone was in, he knew it should only be affecting Kate, Gerard and Frank but they were like family and it was affecting them all individually.
“What the fuck is taking so long” Bob yelled

Kate jumped from the loud booming voice “Shit Bob you scared me”
“Sorry” he replied quietly this time

Time passed by and it was now mid afternoon and Kate decided to check her email again, crossing her fingers she prayed that the email was there, after typing in her password she waited for her email to load up it seem to take forever, Gerard looked at her with a warm smile trying to tell her all would be ok though inside he was nervous as hell.

Once the web page had loaded Kate closed her eyes and took a deep breath it had finally loaded and there was one new message, Kate started to get butterflies in her stomach it was now she was going to find out what she had wanted to know, Clicking on the new message it was from Dr. Watkins Kate opened the email and read:

Dear Kate,

Please find enclosed an attached document stating the paternity results for a Gerard Way and Frank Iero.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call me

Good Luck!

Kind Regards
Elizabeth
Dr.Watkins


Kate proceeded to click on the attached document and waited for it to open, when she did she had Frank and Gerard also reading what she was reading, once finding what she needed to find she began to read,

Tears started to well up in her eyes and fall from her face on to the keyboard making a soft splashing sound.

Running to the back of the bus she didnt know what to do nor how she felt it was like everything was numb, her questions had finally been answered but yet she had nothing.

Frank turned away from the laptop screen and Gerard just sat there quietly, everyone else didnt know what to do so Mikey got up to read the document, reading it a smile spread across his face, he couldnt believe what he was reading there the only thing that stuck in his mind was the result which was the probability that Gerard Way was the biological father is 99.99%

No one could speak everyone else read the document and started to feel bad for Frank but at the same time felt happy for Gerard and Kate.
Gerard got up from where he was sitting and went over to Frank and pulled him in to a brotherly hug.
“I’m sorry man, but know your still going to be an uncle”
Frank looked up at him with a sad look “Thanks man, Congrats to you and Kate I really mean it”
“Thanks” Gerard replied and letting go of Frank

Kate was still up the back of the bus staring at her stomach trying to believe what she had just read when she felt to arms around her.
“Hey baby” Gerard said with a huge grin on his face
“Hey” Kate said looking up towards his smile
“Are you ok?”
“Yeh I’m good...I guess I’m just a little overwhelmed...but yeh I’m good, I just cant believe it....its what I wanted it to be and it is” Kate said quietly

Placing his hand on her cheek Gerard kissed her on the lips and whispered “You and I are going to be parents, this is my baby and yours”
“I know...its wonderful...I guess I should talk to Frank” Kate said letting go of Gerard’s embrace and walking up to where Frank was sitting.

“Hi” she whispered meekly
“Hey Katie... I’m ok really and I’m happy for you and Gerard really I am” Frank said trying to be strong
“Thanks Frankie”Kate said giving Frank a kiss on the cheek

Everyone else knew it was now ok and started to talk, Mikey walked up to Kate and gave her a big hug
“I’m going to be an uncle”he exclaimed
Bob and Ray went to Gerard and shook his hand and congratulated him.

After an hour or so of so called celebrations Kate had some time to her self she was glad at what the results were but still felt bad for Frank but hoped now he would be able to move on and even patch everything with Jamia.

Gerard was still in a happy mood and had been calling everyone he knew and telling them he was going to be a father, he left his parents to last and to say the least they were ecstatic at the news they had just received.

Kate looked towards Gerard and smiled both knew that this was a new page in their lives and they were going to look forward to every moment of it.