Someday I will Understand

Chapter 71What happens next?

Finally having time to themselves after everyone had gone to sleep in their own respective bunks, Kate and Gerard snuggled into each other on the sofa where they were able to talk privately with out any interruption.
Gerard was ecstatic that Kate was having his child where as Kate was feeling guilty over Frank’s own feelings and what he was going through .

Gerard could sense this “Katie don’t get yourself down about this, Frank will get through this...it will be ok, I promise”
Kate was always amazed on how Gerard knew how she was feeling it was like he had a radar for it.
“I don’t know what I feel...maybe a little sad but then I know if it was the opposite it would be so much worse...but trust me I am happy very happy that you’re the father”
“Me too baby”Gerard said kissing her on the lips and placing his hands around her belly.

Kate was becoming content and was now not worrying about Frank she had everything she could have in her life a new instant family, not that anything would ever replace the little boy that she lost.

****

Three Months Later

Kate was now over six months pregnant and was really enjoying her pregnancy, after the morning sickness had ended everything had been going alone smoothly, though she found that she had an unusual craving which was popcorn, she couldn’t get enough of it and there had been times while on tour that the bus had to stop so she could get her popcorn other then that there were no other food cravings.

Gerard was getting used to Kate’s current mood swings where one minute she would be happy and laughing and then all of a sudden she would be crying, Kate still hadn’t spoken to her parents and she didnt blame them but she was going to hold on to her morals and let them come to her she was however talking to her sister who was getting very excited bout Kate having the baby soon, Kate didnt know what she was having this time she wanted it to be a surprise and this is what Gerard wanted as well.

Frank had moved on and was back with Jamia He had come to terms and accepted that he wasnt the father of the baby and had moved on from his feeling with Kate which he told her about one drunk night, she had gently put him down.

The band was now on a break which was great as they would soon be heading into the studio for there new album but at the same time it meant that Gerard would be there for Kate when the baby was born, Kate had also sold her house in California, And Gerard and her had made that next step and bought an apartment in New York both of them had been designing the nursery and were getting the final touches done.

Kate had also had the time to get her own album done which she was very proud about, though she had decided that she wasnt going to release a single off it until the newest addition was born.

There had been no talks of marriage between Kate and Gerard as at this stage both knew they didnt need that for the love they shared with one another, to them it was a piece of paper they both knew that they had a commitment to one another and that was all that was needed for them.

Mikey was very excited that he was going to be an uncle for the first time and had really formed a close bond with Kate, they were practically like best friends and Kate loved that she was able to talk to someone and hangout with who was her partners brother, she had also gotten close to Alicia which was nice for Kate as she knew these people were now her family and she really cherished that.

Kate had also decided on a doctor he wanted to deliver her child when she went into labour, she had decided against the first doctor that had delivered Hayden as she wanted Gerard to be able to make decisions as well as make this a new experience for both of them. Kate also didnt want Gerard to feel left out, it was decided which hospital the baby would be born at Columbus Hospital in Newark New Jersey.

Kate wanted to have the baby in NJ as that was where Gerard was born and she at least wanted to give this child something in common with there father, The month before Kate was due Gerard and Kate would be moving back into the Way family home in order to prepare for the birth, Kate was also taking regular birthing classed and when Gerard was unable to attend due to work commitments Mikey would fill in which to Kate had been a big help.

One thing Kate and Gerard had discussed was that she was going to have a natural birth with no drugs, Gerard was very proud of Kate in making this decision and that he would be the only one in the birthing room, though Kate was thinking about talking to Gerard and getting his mother in there as Donna had become like a second mum to Kate over the past few months and Kate had really liked it as her own mother wasnt talking to her and as this was going to be Donna’s first grandchild she thought it seemed right, but she hadn’t found the courage to tell Gerard as she wasnt sure how he would react and if he would be up for the idea.

Only time would tell and she knew that when it was time then she would talk to him about it.