Someday I will Understand

Chapter 72 Is it Time?

A few weeks had passed and Kate was feeling at her heaviest she only had 5 weeks to go before the baby was due and yet she felt as though there was still so much to do, she had been restricted from flying anywhere so was only able to drive from New York to New Jersey and Gerard always made someone was there with her.

Kate still didnt have the guts to ask Gerard if his mother could be in the hospital room when she gave birth, it’s not that she was scared more then anything she wanted to make this special for Gerard and maybe having someone in there would take that away as it wouldn’t be just them experiencing it together and if anything that’s what got to Kate and she didnt want to ask.

Kate’s prenatal visits were now coming up to once a week as she was nearly hitting the 35 week mark and the doctor would check her health along with her nutritional status and weight gain - Kate so far had put on a healthy 14 kg’s which equated to 30.86 pounds and also if there were any risks of a urinary tract infection, diabetes, and hypertension. Kate was proud of her weight gain but like most women she would complain that she looked like a beached whale or she was too fat, Gerard constantly reminded her that she still looked beautiful.

One thing was that Kate was getting more tired quickly and her back would ache and as she was drinking so many fluids her new best friend had become the toilet, but at the same time she knew that it wouldn’t be to much longer before she could meet the little person that was growing inside of her

Kate did have an increase in her sex drive and wanted it as much as possible, Gerard was starting to get worried that he could hurt the baby but after visiting the doctor his concerns were answered and he started to like the idea more of having sex not that he didnt like it, it was more the fact he thought it would damage the baby. Though positions for them was another story as now Kate’s belly was a lot bigger that was something they were working on and trying to master.

**********
Waking up in the middle of the night Kate felt a sharp pain in her stomach she didnt know what to think could she really be in labour it surely felt like it but then maybe it was just false but she didnt want to take the risk, she rolled over and woke Gerard up
“Gerard... GERARD” She screamed
“mabanacha” Gerard mumbled not making any sense
“Gerard I think I’m in labour” Kate said now sitting up

With hearing that Gerard’s eyes shot open at hearing what Kate had said
“Shit really...Oh FUCK” Gerard said scambling out of bed.

Gerard tried to remain calm but all these emotions were taking over “Are you sure? Your only 32 weeks...isn’t that too early?” He asked stupidly.

Kate didnt want to loose it she needed Gerard to remain calm for her “Yeh I’m sure I know what contractions feel like and these are it” Kate said

Gerard stood there for a moment trying to grasp everything that was happening.
“Baby I need you to ring the hospital and let them know that I am in the early stages of labour and that I’m only 32 weeks ok?”
Gerard looked at her and nodded while grabbing his cell phone and calling the hospital to let them know what was happening.

While Gerard was doing this, Kate waddled out of the room where she yelped in pain from the contraction she was having with this Donna woke up and got up to see what was happening.

“Dear are you ok?”
“I think I’m in labour Donna” Kate said a little worried
“Oh my...Where is Gerard?”
“He’s ringing the hospital”

Donna didnt want Kate to worry, Grabbing her hand she helped her down the stairs and got her to lay on the sofa while they waited for Gerard to finish with his phone call, Once he had finished he told Kate what the hospital had said and that they were to take her in immediately as she was only 32 weeks pregnant and they wanted to make sure everything was ok.

Kate started to get a little worried as she wasnt ready to be in labour now and she didnt want there to be any complications, Gerard helped her in to his car where he drove at a steady speed to St Michael’s hospital.

Once getting to the hospital, Gerard got out of the car to let the doctors know he was there and they came running out with a wheel chair for Kate to sit on and took her back into the hospital where they could run tests and check on her.

Kate was getting extremely worried as this never happened to her when she was pregnant with Hayden and she didnt know what to expect but she knew shortly that her questions would be answered and she would know if she was having the baby or not.