Someday I will Understand

Chapter 73 Not yet

Since being at the hospital for a little while it was deemed by the doctor’s that Kate wasnt in labour she was having Braxton-Hicks contractions otherwise known as false labour with that Kate was sent home as the baby was under no stress.

Kate could still feel the pain but it had eased off as time progressed she understood that she would have to deal with it, in the meantime Donna had rung Mikey and Alicia and advised them of the situation and told them to get to NJ as quickly as possible because as far as Donna was aware Kate was in labour as she hadn’t been notified otherwise.
By now Mikey and Alicia had arrived at the Way residence and along with Donna and Don they were waiting with anticipation for a phone call from Gerard to tell them what was going on with Kate.

Gerard hadn’t bothered to call his family as he was more worried about the woman he loved - he had never experienced this before and he wanted to be there for her, he knew that when she had woken him earlier he had frozen up and he shouldn’t have he knew this day was gonna happen and he hoped the next time it would be better.

He was glad when he found out that Kate wasnt really in labour which for him meant that at this time there would be no complications with his child and he hoped that Kate would be able withstand a full pregnancy.

Helping Kate to the car both were very talkative with each other, Kate didnt want to bring up what had happened back at the house where Gerard had frozen but she knew she had too “Baby what happened earlier?”
Gerard looked at her a little surprised “What do you mean?”
“I mean when we were at the house, it was like you were in another world trying to process everything...are you ok with what’s going to happen” Kate said with a quiet voice
“Baby I’m more then fine, I know I panicked and really I’m sorry it was just surprising and from the classes we have been to that wasnt meant to happen and... yeh I got scared, but it wont happen again...I’m sorry” Gerard said with sadness in his eyes like he had disappointed Kate

Kate could see that and didnt want Gerard to feel like that “It’s ok Baby we had a scare, I’m sorry if I was mean, I know you were scared and so was I” Kate said leaning over and kissing Gerard on the lips

As Gerard started the car up, Kate grabbed his hand and placed it in hers “Baby I need food, like a hamburger now that would be some good shit”
“Fuck really Kate it’s like 3 in the morning”
“I no... but I love you and a hamburger would be nice please” Kate said in a cute baby voice

Gerard knew that voice had won him over so he drove around NJ till he found a Macca’s that was opened, Finally getting 3 cheeseburgers Kate was satisfied and Gerard proceeded to drive back to his parents house where he noticed Mikey’s car was there and then it came back to him - he had forgotten to ring his family and let them know what had happened at the hospital.

Pulling up in the drive way, Gerard help Kate out of the Kate and up the stairs to the entrance of the house, due to being heavily pregnant now Kate was waddling and couldn’t walk very fast, Getting in to the house Donna jumped up from the shock of seeing Kate and Gerard.

“Oh my god...your ok?” Donna said rushing over and pulling Kate into her arms
“I’m fine Donna, it was just false labour pains...I feel a lot better but pretty sleepy” Kate said trying to reassure Donne
“And you Gerard why didnt you ring us we have been worried sick, I even phoned Mikey and made him come here but Alicia was very tired so I told them I’d wake them when we got news”
“Sorry Ma, I totally forgot” Gerard said with a smile on his face trying to lighten the mood

Kate was getting tired so excused herself and decided to go to bed but on the way up she heard movement in the spare room (or Mikey’s old room) and then the door creaked open

“Katie is that you are you ok?”
“Hey Mikey, did I wake you?...yeh I’m fine...I had false labour pains but I’m feeling better and the baby is fine”
“That’s great...nah you didnt wake me...though Ali is asleep...where’s Gee?”
“He’s downstairs talking to ya mum...I’m gonna go get some sleep, so I’ll see you in the morning yeh?”
“Yeh cool, night Katie bear”
“Night Mikey bear” Kate said with a little laugh.

Finally getting in to bed Kate felt comfortable as she rolled over in to a comfortable position she slowly closed her eyes and fell asleep that she didnt hear Gerard come in about ten minutes later.