Someday I will Understand

Chapter 80 Baby Shower

As Eliza fumbled with her keys she finally put them in the ignition and drove to where the baby shower was to be. She hoped to be the first one there so as not to cause a spectacle especially if her plan failed, but as she continued to think she was sure with Alicia’s help (not that she knew she was going to be taking apart in this) Eliza was just going to use her good nature to her own advantage.

Back at the house Kate was ready and happily awaiting the arrival of her friends, All food had been prepared and decorations set. Kate couldn’t believe how much work Alicia had done to her it was magnificent, The lounge room had been changed in to a big party room there were balloons and streamers everywhere and also a backyard setting set up outside for everyone to be able to relax.

Eliza had made her way to Gerard’s parents house and was sitting outside trying to get the courage to go up to the front door, she could see that no one else had arrived and that it was now or never. Getting out of the car she walked up to the front door where she rang the door bell and waited.

Walking to the door Kate opened it and was shocked at what she saw.
“What the hell are you doing here” she screamed
“Look I don’t want to cause trouble, nor do I think you will want to hear me out, but please I only have one thing to say “Eliza replied looking all sweet and innocent.

Kate glared at her not understanding what she was doing here, right now she hated this woman who had tried to steal Gerard away from her
“What?” Kate asked
“All I want to say is I’m sorry for the trouble and the stressed I have cause you, I realise I acted like a complete bitch and was only thinking of myself and no one else’s feelings...I don’t expect you to forget what I have done but I hope one day your able to forgive me” Eliza said with a tear falling from her face

Alicia had heard everything and had walked to the front door where both her friends were standing she looked over at Eliza who looked as though she was deeply remorseful for the actions she had caused and Alicia felt for her, Eliza could see that Alicia was thinking and was going to be able to get Kate to forgive her so that they could become friends. Kate was a little shocked at what Eliza had said she didnt know what to think of this woman - the woman that had tried to destroy her relationship, she wasnt sure if she wanted to forgive her could she? For her now it was just all a bit too much and she knew that she would need to think about it and she wanted to be able to talk to Gerard about it to get his feelings about it.

“Um Eliza I think that it was nice that you came to apologise...but I need to think about what you said cause you did hurt me and it wasnt appreciated especially as you knew Gerard has been seeing someone and the comments you said about me weren’t very nice, I know I maybe famous and rich but I’m still human and I have feelings and what you said was hurtful...so right now I just really need to think about what you said “Kate finally replied back

“That’s fine Kate I don’t expect anything less I just wanted to let you know I’m sorry and I hope one day we can be friends” Eliza said and then walked off - in her mind she knew she had succeeded to her it was either Kate would yell at her and tell her to get fucked or she would actually think about what she had said which she was going to do and with Alicia being there she knew that Alicia would try and convince Kate to forgive her as that was the type of person Alicia was always giving people second chances and forgiving them for there mistakes.

After Eliza had left, Kate decided that she would tell Gerard after the baby shower as it was something she wanted to talk to him in private about, So the day continued and soon everyone had arrived, Frank had come with Jamia, Ray with Krista and Bob with Kaitlen and there was a surprise Alicia was also able to get Bridget there who was so excited to be there as she still wasnt over her fascination of being around all the MCR boys.

Straight away gifts were given and Kate opened them, From Ray and Krista she received a baby book so that she would be able to keep all the memories of her new born.

From Frank and Jamia they had made up a gift basket which contained baby products such as soap and power to pacifier’s and baby wipes.

From Bob and Kaitlen Gerard and Kate received a white rocking chair - kate thought this was absolutley beautiful and couldnt believe some of the beautiful gifts she had already recieved.

From Mikey and Alicia they gave her baby clothing one was a little t-shirt that had the band of MCR on it and a couple of neutral baby coloured jumpsuit’s along with a big stuffed teddy bear that was white which held a photo frame and with writing that said my family.

From Donna and Don they gave Kate an old antique rattle which Donna explained used to be her’s and her mother Elena had given to her as a child, Kate found this sentimental and just wanted to cry, Kate and Gerard also received a brand new crib that they had wanted for ages but had not yet purchased, though as Donna explained she wanted to keep it here as Gerard and Kate already had a crib in their New York apartment.

Bridget was the second last person to giver her gift and she had given Kate and Gerard a painting which was of baby cartoon characters, Kate thought that it would go splendidly in the nursery.
And from Gerard Kate received a gift voucher to have a facial and massage to be able to treat herself be fore the baby was born.

The festivities went on for what seemed like ages and Kate had really enjoyed herself, only at the time she didnt know what she was in for with Eliza let alone in for anything. Only time would tell what Eliza’s true nature was and her plan to destroy Kate.