Someday I will Understand

Chapter 84 Surprise

Finally being released from hospital Kate sat in her wheel chair as she cradled Sadie in her arms, the public now knew of Sadie’s birth as Kate’s publicist had announced it at Kate’s approval.

Kate was aware that photographers would be at the hospital but she wasn’t expecting to have as many as there were, the world wanted the first glimpse of Kate’s daughter to her rockstar partner Gerard Way.
Kate made sure to have Sadie wrapped up and her face covered she had decided that with Gerard. Gerard didnt want his daughter exposed to the public, nor any photo’s taken of her. If they were going to do an official photo shoot which Kate knew Gerard’s answer would be no which she was fine with that but she would still bring it up but at a later stage.

Being wheeled out of the hospital there were photographer’s in Kate’s face and she was starting to get angry to her it was annoying - she knew she was a public figure but she wished they could take there photo’s from afar and leave her alone.

Sadie stayed asleep as Kate placed her in to the baby capsule in Gerard’s SUV, once buckled in Gerard drove away back to his parents house where everyone was waiting to see Kate and the baby, What Kate didnt know was that her family had flown to see her and the baby as well.

Getting out of the car Gerard carried Sadie in her baby capsule as she slept peacefully, Kate looked over at Gerard “Baby you look like a natural carrying Sadie” Kate said with a smile
“Thanks babe, I cant believe she is sleeping”
“That’s what babies do Hun.” Kate replied with a giggle

opening the front door Kate walked in first where everyone yelled surprise - Kate was shocked at seeing so many faces her friends, and ultimately shocked when she turned around and saw her parents and sister standing there, tears started to well up in her eyes, Her father walked over to her and embraced her in a warm hug.

“Daddy...I’m so sorry for being a pain in the ass” Kate says amongst her tears
“Sweetheart don’t worry about it...it’s all in the past we just wanted out daughter back” Kate’s father said as he moved away from Kate so she could hug her mother and sister.
Emma had also bought her son who was now nearly a year old, Kate bent down to speak to him “Hi Conner..I’m your Auntie Kate...See over there That’s your cousin Sadie” Kate said pointing to the baby capsule.

Conner looked and pointed and then ran behind his mother’s legs “he’s a bit of a shy one” Emma said
Gerard picked Sadie out of her capsule and walked over to Kate’s parents and placed her in Kate’s mum’s arms
“OMG Kate she is beautiful” Kate’s mother cooed
“Thanks mum” Kate said with a smile

After the baby was passed around she finally woke up and started to cry - which Kate took for either needing a nappy change or she was hungry, so after checking her diaper which was clean, Kate realised Sadie was hungry so grabbed one of her bottle’s which already had been made up and fed it to Sadie

Emma looked over disapprovingly “Aren’t you going to breastfeed her Kate?”
“Yeh I am...but these bottle’s were made before I left so it’s easier to use this when I have company”
Emma continue to glare but was distracted when Conner came running in yelling “Conner honey what’s wrong?” Emma said scooping up her son “boo boo mummy” Conner replied in a thick Australian accent
“Excuse me Mrs Way...could you please tell me where your bathroom is?”
“Down the hall and on the left” Donna replied

After catching up with her family Kate started to feel tired all she wanted to do was sleep and now that Sadie was asleep she hoped to catch some forty winks, Gerard could sense Kate was tired so suggested she get some sleep and he would look after Sadie. Kate said goodnight and went to bed, shortly after that Kate’s family left and returned to there hotel, they would be back the next day to spend time with Kate and the baby and get to know Gerard better and his family.

Gerard decided to go out and took Sadie with him, he grabbed her baby bag and drove over to Frank’s to see what he was doing, Knocking on the door Frank answers and lets him in, once inside he see’s that Bob and Ray are there as well.

“Aww you bought the bubs too” Ray said laughing
“Yeh Kate was exhausted and when I see Sadie I cant keep her out of my sight, I swear this is so different...it’s no longer me thinking of myself I have 2 more people I have to think of, I feel like I’m growing up finally”
“That’s awesome man” Ray replies

Gerard spends a couple of hours with the guys where they catch up and take photo’s of them with Sadie, Gerard heads back home to find Kate finally awake and full of beans.
“Hey baby your back, your parents have gone out for tea, so I thought we could just order a pizza and watch a movie” Kate suggests
“Sounds great baby”

Both order a pizza and settle on the sofa to watch a movie while Sadie sleept in her cradle, Enjoying the moment Kate cant believe how much her life has changed for the good, she has a partner that love’s her and a beautiful little daughter, as she continue’s to think she feels that life can only get better, but someone else has other plans in which to destroy Kate.