Someday I will Understand

Chapter 85 why OH why!!!

A few weeks had passed and Kate had slowly gotten in to a routine with Sadie who would wake up every few hours to be fed, both her and Gerard had moved back in to there New York apartment, it wasnt that they didnt love being with Gerard’s family...but they were glad to start getting on with there lives and having Sadie to themselves.

Most days Gerard would drive back to NJ as he and the group were getting together writing there new album and putting new tune’s together, Kate was enjoying the quiet time where she could bond with Sadie more...though she could definitely see that she was going to be a daddy’s girl.

Getting up one morning after being woken up by Gerard who had left to go down to NJ and take Sadie with him so that his parents could see there granddaughter, Kate thought that this was wonderful she had booked a session with a personal trainer to start getting her figure back in shape in the later morning and then was catching up with Alicia in the afternoon to go shopping.

So getting out of bed Kate had the whole apartment to her self, making herself a coffee she went and checked the mail that was on the counter, most were addressed to Gerard, but one caught her eye it was addressed to her and it was from Genelex, the company that had tested herself, Frank and Gerard to see who the father was of Sadie.

Kate didnt know what they wanted so ripped open the letter and started to read

Dear Miss Bartlett,

We are sorry to inform you that a paternity test you had scheduled with us was incorrect, we regrettably inform you that the result of Gerard Way was incorrect, Correct results are as follows Frank Iero probability of being the biological father is as follows 99.9%.

We apologise for any in convenience this may have caused.

Kind regards,
Samantha Anderson
Genelex


Kate re-read the letter over and over, her mind was spiralling, how could this be true, she decided the only thing to do was ring the contact number that had been provided
Ringing the number she heard a young woman anser the phone

“Genelex this is Samantha”
“Hello...my name is Kate Bartlett, I have just received a letter from you stating that you have made a mistake in paternity” Kate said snapping down the phone
“Ah yes Miss Bartlett, I am so sorry to inform you that is correct”
“How can this bloody happen?”
“I know it is know excuse but it was a typo error on my behalf and I apologise for the mistake I have made...I know it isn’t acceptable but I do apologise”
Kate didnt know what to say...she could tell the woman was sincere and it had been accident “it’s not ok...but thank you for being honest” Kate said hanging up the phone

Grabbing the first thing in her hand (which was a glass) Kate threw it at the wall where she heard it smashed, falling to the ground the tears started to pour out. Crawling along the floor she found her bag where she pulled her cell out and dialled Gerard’s number

Crying in to the phone Kate stuttered to make any sense “g-g-g-gear-d-d-d-d c-c-ome home-e-e-e pl-pleas-e-e-e-e-e”
“Baby what’s wrong” Gerard asked worryingly
“Everything!!” Kate screamed in to the phone
“Ok baby I’ll be there as soon as I can” Gerard said hanging up the phone.

Picking up Sadie he placed her in her capsule and placed her in the car, the guys were looking at him
“Something is wrong with Kate, I gotta go” He said before hurrying off to his car and buckling Sadie in.
T
he drive seem to take forever but eventually he got back to his apartment, walking in the front door holding Sadie in her capsule, he called Kate’s name but there was no answer. Placing Sadie down in the lounge as she slept Gerard walked in to the kitchen where he saw glass on the floor and Kate slumped crying.

He ran towards her and scooped her up in his arms “Baby what’s wrong?” Gerard asked
“This” Kate said still sobbing and handing Gerard a piece of paper
After reading it Gerard spoke “You have got to be fucking joking, this is fucking bullshit, she is my daughter!” he roared
“I rang them and they told me the same thing” Kate whispered
“This is fucking bullshit, I’m fucking ringing them”
Gerard went and rang Genelex and was told the same thing, after getting off the phone he picked Sadie up out of her capsule, she had awoken from all the yelling, cradling her in his arms he sat down beside’s Kate holding her as well.

“Gerard what are we going to do?” Kate asked
“We have to tell him...just not today, I cant believe it Kate...she’s mine....I’m her father” Gerard whispered
“I know” Kate said sobbing

They sat there what seemed like a while, before finally getting up once hearing Sadie cry.

Eliza knew her plan was now in action, her friend Samantha had called her and told her what had happened, All Eliza needed to do was wait, in which she was patient enough to do.