Someday I will Understand

Chapter 87 Where to now?

Kate awoke the next morning to an empty bed, she had slept the night away, not even thinking of Sadie she got out of bed and looked for Gerard, Only seeing Mikey she spoke “Did Gerard come home last night?”
“Um...I don’t think so Kate”
Kate looked disappointed, she wanted Gerard there she knew that he would be hurting but right now she needed him she didnt think she would be able to do this alone.
“Sadie didnt sleep much” Mikey said crunching on a piece of toast
“Huh...Oh shit...I forgot about my baby” Kate screamed
“it’s ok Katie..Ma decided that it was best you get some rest so Alicia and I had her in our room last night, we were sure to look after her for you?”
“Thank you so much..I need to call Gerard and finds out what’s going on, Do you mind watching Sadie for little bit longer?”
“Nah it’s fine...right now She’s laying on our bed with Alicia”
“Ok...cool, I’ll be back” Kate replied

Walking back in to Gerard’s room she grabbed her cell phone and dialled his number, the phone was ringing.
Gerard saw that it was Kate and picked up the phone, he hated the fact that he had deserted her but he was hurting so much and he really needed to clear his head.
“Hello?”
“Hi..it’s me Kate...Where are you I’m worried about you”
“I’m fine...I just needed some time by myself”
“Oh...are you coming back home?”
“Not yet Kate I cant....this is more then I expected and I’m hurting...I just don’t know anymore”
Kate was starting to get angry “Know anymore about what? Me..do you not want to be with me anymore?” She yelled in to the phone
“I don’t know Kate...I need time to think”
“Think about what...you know what the situation is, what you think it’s ok to just run off, you’re a fucking chicken cant even handle the problem that there is” Kate said still screaming down the phone
Gerard was now getting irritated “WELL IF YOU HADN’T FUCKING SLEPT WITH FRANK WE WOULDN’T BE IN THIS SITUATION WOULD WE?” Gerard yelled back
“Fuck you Gerard Fuck you”Kate said as she hung up

Gerard knew he shouldn’t have said what he had and he was sure this was pushing Kate away from him, but it was Sadie he had in his mind that was his daughter and now all that happiness had been taken away from him.
Getting off the sofa where he had slept, he went in to the kitchen where he saw Eliza eating her breakfast
“Morning..how are you feeling?” Eliza asked
“I could be better...I just had a fight with Kate” Gerard replied
“I heard...Gerard know this isn’t your fault at all” Eliza said in a smooth voice
“Thanks E, I know you and I had our difference’s but I really appreciate you letting me stay here”
“It’s fine, don’t mention it”

Gerard HADN’T wanted to go to Eliza’s house but it was the only place he knew where he would be able to escape everything and hopefully be able to put everything into perspective, he could feel that his relationship with Kate was ending and he didnt know how to salvage it and even if he wanted to.

Eliza on the other hand could see that her plan was finally working..She finally had Gerard with her and soon he would get rid of that bitch he called a girlfriend, she just couldn’t be caught out, but Eliza had her ways to keep everything a secret so Gerard was never to know that he really was the father of Sadie.

Back at the Way residence, Kate had showered and gotten dressed she was angry at Gerard for being a pig but she needed to put that at the back of her mind, right now she had to focus on Sadie and what was best for her and if that meant not having Gerard in her life then so be it.

Putting Sadie in her capsule, and once again getting in to Gerard’s car Kate drove over to Frank’s where she had planned to be for the day so that he could bond with his daughter.
Getting to Frank’s she knocked on the door and waited for Frank to answer, when he did Kate walked in along with Sadie now in her arms.

“Hey”
“Hey how’d it go with Jamia?”
“Um...it went pretty shit...she left me, she hated the fact that I’ve got another child to another woman...so I told her to Fuck Off that Sadie was more important and if she couldn’t realise that and didnt want to be apart of it well then she wasnt welcome here, she left last night...but I’m fine especially knowing that I have Sadie”
“Oh Frank I’m sorry”
“Don’t be" Frank said being reassuring

Kate place Sadie in his arms so that he could cradle his daughter, both started talking Frank wanted Kate and Sadie to move in with him so that he could be a full time father, Kate explained that though it sounded like a great idea right now she was living with Gerard and they had problems of there own that needed to be worked out, though Kate explained that once Sadie got older, Frank would be able to take her overnight and so forth.

Frank went on to explain that he also told his family who were very excited at the prospect of having a granddaughter and that they were looking forward to meeting Kate and Sadie. Kate let Frank know that she hadn't had the courage to tell her own family yet as she knew that they would be heartbroken and so disappointed in her and right now more then anything she just knew that she wouldn’t be able to cope with the added stress when at the moment it really wasnt needed.

Frank understood where Kate was coming from and accepted her decision, it was decided that Frank was going to take Sadie on his own to meet his parents as Kate was just too nervous and though it was a joyous occasion for Frank and his family it was heartbreaking for Kate.

Frank knew not to push and he wasnt going too, Kate decided it was best to leave and asked that Frank call when he had finished at his families place so that she could come back to Frank’s to pick Sadie up.

Leaving Frank’s Kate drove straight to Donna and Don’s house she knew right now she had no where else to go and it was one of the best places to be where people loved her and weren’t judging her for the mistakes she had made, walking inside she saw Gerard sitting outside having a cigarette - going outside she decided to confront Gerard.

“So you finally decided to come back?” she yelled
“Well what else did you want me to do?”
“I don’t know Gerard I’m not you”
“Look Kate I’m stressed I’ll admit it, what has happened is really hurting me...and I’m sorry for what I said earlier I didnt mean it”
“You don’t think I’m hurting either...this is hurting me as much as it is hurting you...I can accept that you needed time to clear your head but to think about it...I thought we were meant to be here for each other and it just doesn’t feel like it..I don’t think I can do this anymore Gerard you and me...every time you see Sadie all you are gonna think is look what Kate done and I cant live with that knowing deep down you hate me” Kate said as tears started to fall down her face
“Katie...that’s not true...”
“Gerard you don’t need to say anything I can see from the way you acted to the way you look, I’m sorry but I cant be with you anymore I need to think of my daughter and what’s best for her and right now that is me getting myself back on track and her father getting to know his daughter, I’m sorry...I know this will hurt you and I don’t want to do that but I’m going to have too”
“Are you breaking up with me Kate?” Gerard asked looking shell shocked
“Yeh I am...I’m sorry”
“There’s nothing I can say is there?”
“No Gerard I’m sorry there isn’t...I’ll move out of the apartment as soon as possible”
“Don’t...I will” Gerard said with tears welling up in his eyes...he knew that the end had come and there was absolutely nothing he could do, deep down he knew Kate was right he just didnt want to admit it
“Know I’ll always love you Gerard always” Kate said with a smile and with that walked back in the house where she grabbed her belongings and asked to use Mikey’s car which he was happy to give.

Leaving Kate found as though a burden had been released she felt stronger that she could do this, be a single mother if required, only time would tell how everything would pan out.