Someday I will Understand

Chapter 88 Last thing I see

After Kate had picked Sadie up she drove back to New York (when she had spoken to Mikey she had arranged with him that she would leave his car at her apartment and he would get a lift from Gerard to pick it up)

Getting back to the apartment Kate decided to sleep in the spare room, She knew that Gerard would return just not when and she really didnt want to be in there room when he returned.

A few days had passed and Kate was in a slumber mood, She’d had received lots of calls from Gerard and his family all concerned about her and Sadie, But Kate had decided to isolate herself the only person she would see was Frank as she felt it was her duty for her daughter to bond with Frank though she had still declined to meet Frank’s family who were eagerly wanting to meet her.

Frank could see that Kate was drained and not her usual self though he didnt speak about it to her as he didnt want to push her away. Though he had decided to go and see Gerard as he still didnt know about any problems that had occurred between Kate and Gerard as Kate hadn’t mentioned them.

After Kate left one day, frank called Gerard where they talked sometime and once again worked out there differences which Frank was very happy about as he didnt want to loose one of his best friends, Frank continued to explain that there was something wrong with Kate and asked Gerard if he had noticed

“No man I haven’t...she broke up with me and wont return any of my calls or my families, she is pushing everyone away...I can see her spiralling down if she doesn’t talk to someone quick”

Frank was shocked to hear that Kate and Gerard had broken up but didnt say anything else about it as he knew that it wasnt his place to say anything. “How’s Sadie?” Gerard asked
“She’s doing well...If anything she’s the only one”
“I miss her” Gerard replied

Frank felt bad as though he had taken something away from Gerard but knew there was really nothing he could do about it “Well Kate is letting me have Sadie for the night she has just gone back home to get everything prepared, coz I’m taking Sadie over to my parents...Did you ..um want me to drop by so you can see her?” Frank asked
“Frankie if you could do that ...it would be awesome, My parents would love to see her as well”
“Well then I will, it will be some time after dinner as I’m going to my parents first”
“No problems...I’ll see you later then” and with that Gerard hung up

Kate had gotten everything organised and was looking forward to having the night to herself, she knew that Frank would be more then capable of looking after Sadie...and she was looking forward to the much needed break.
Dropping Sadie off at Frank’s she kissed her daughter goodbye and drove off.

Getting back to her apartment, she grabbed her cell phone and texted Gerard
I jst wanted to say how sorry I am!
KTIE don’t be plz, cal me Gerard responded
Writing back Kate replied no I cant...I love u G n Sadie...Goodbye

With that Kate placed her cell down and walked in to the bathroom where she ran a hot bath, sitting in the bathtub she grabbed a razor off the bench, placing it over her wrist she grazed her skin till she pressed it deeper, pressing harder Kate could feel her skin being sliced but knew this was her only release.

After cutting her wrist deep she done the same to the other, starting to feel woozy she closed her eyes letting the blood pour and hoping all her pain would disappear.

Gerard was getting worried Kate wasnt responding to his calls, he didnt know what to do so got in to his car and drove fast straight to his apartment in New York, bolting up the stairs to his level, he ran to the front door where he continued to bang...there was no answer.

Fumbling with his keys he opened the door and walked in calling Kate’s name there was no response, seeing her cell on the kitchen bench. He walked past it and towards his bedroom where he saw that the bathroom door was open.

Looking inside he couldn’t believe at what he was seeing, running in he saw Kate laying in the bath tub blood dripping from her wrists, calling her name she couldn’t hear him, feeling for a pulse he could slightly feel it, lifting her out of the tub he grabbed towels to stop the bleeding

“Katie...you cant leave me..please baby hang on” he cried

Still holding her he called 911.