Someday I will Understand

Chapter 89 will i take your life?

Gerard was extremely worried for Kate, holding her he tried to stop the blood rushing from her veins, blood was soaking through he towels and seeping on to Gerard’s clothes he could still faintly hear her pulse when he checked he just and more then anything wanted her to hang on.

Calling her name he tried to wake her up though it was of no use Kate couldn’t hear anything. The ambulance arrived where the paramedics looked at Gerard for answers “What happened?”One asked
“I don’t know...I-I-I found her like this” Gerard said stuttering “I’ve tried to stop the bleeding but it just wont”

The paramedics placed Kate on a Gurney where they put her in to the ambulance, with sirens blaring and trying to stop the bleeding, It was a fight to save Kate’s life. Gerard followed them in his SUV grabbing his cell phone he dialled his family home not caring who picked up. Hearing a hello Gerard started to yell down the phone, Mikey was unable to make out anything he was trying to say

“Bro say it again”
“It’s Kate she has tried to kill herself”
“What the Fuck?”
“I’m going to St Vincents now, get here as quick as you can” Gerard screamed

Finally at the hospital Gerard could see Kate’s lifeless body being taking in to one of the hospital rooms, Gerard ran in to the emergency room and followed, he was kicked out of the room while the doctor’s tried to stop the bleeding and save her life, it felt like an eternity before Mikey had arrived along with Frank

“Gerard what’s going on? Frank asked holding Sadie in his arms
“It’s Kate, she cut her self...She was in so much pain she tried to end it...and now they are trying to save her” Gerard replied with tears falling down his face “I cant loose her...I just cant”
Mikey hugged his brother trying to comfort him “You bought Sadie” Gerard asked
“Yeh Mikey rang me and told me what had happened, I couldn’t just leave her with my parents”
“It’s ok...she looks so much like her mother so beautiful” Gerard replied not really making any sense

After some time a doctor came out and asked who was Kate’s family Gerard spoke “I’m her partner...what’s going on?”
“Well Kate has lost a lot of blood we had to do a blood transfusion, but we were able to stop the bleeding, she was lucky she had only cut one main vein, the other wasnt deep enough”
“So what happens now?”
“Well at the moment, we have her sedated so she should wake up later, we are going to arrange for her to see a shrink...Do you know why she may have done this...has there been any problems?”
Gerard didnt know what to say he didnt want to bring up any personal problems but knew he had too “Well we found out not long ago that her daughter isn’t my child...Um that’s the only thing I can think of..is she going to be ok?”
“Kate will make a full recovery but what I am worried about is her psychological damage, Kate will be put in the psyche ward for now, till it deemed that she is mentally fit”
“Are you fucking serious” Frank piped up
“Yes I am”
“That’s bullshit doctor I’m sorry...but she isn’t psychologically damaged..yes she has been stressed and took the wrong way but do we have to put her in a psyche ward?”
“I’m sorry but it is just for precaution... we don’t want her to hurt herself again”

Kate was taken up to the psyche ward where she stayed the night fully sedated, Gerard had decided to return the next day with Frank, Gerard was able to call Kate’s parents and just let them know that Kate was in hospital, he didnt want to tell them that she had tried to commit suicide as she was now ok, he felt it was best that it came from Kate’s mouth herself.

Waking up the next day, Kate slowly opened her eyes looking around she could see four walls that were white looking down at her arms she noticed that both arms were spread apart and had been tied up, trying to wriggle her hand’s she felt a shot of pain shoot up her wrist when she finally realised what had happened, tears fell down her face at the realisation at what had happened..she couldn’t believe what she had tried to do..kill herself, leave her little girl, it made her feel miserable that she had thought of something like that, then her mind had started to wonder how did she get here, where was she?

Gerard arrived at the hospital and went up to the psyche ward where he was told where Kate’s room was, walking in the door he saw that Kate was a wake and crying
“Hey Katie” Gerard replied smoothly
Kate looked up at the one person she truly loved but was no longer with, tears continued to fall down her face she was speechless
“Baby what happened?” Gerard asked
Through her sobbing Kate replied “I don’t know...I was scared”
“Baby don’t be please..I know your hurting I just didnt realise how much...I’m soo sorry”
“Don’t be sorry..it’s me, look at me...I’m all chained up” Kate replied looking at the grips around her wrist’s”Where am I?
“Baby your in the psyche ward...the doctor’s want to keep an eye on you so you don’t hurt yourself again”
Kate’s cries grew louder “How could I do this to my self...Sadie is she ok?”
“She’s fine...she’s with my parents and being well looked after”
“I’m so sorry”
“Don’t be sorry Katie...I need you to get better for Sadie and for me...I love you Kate, you scared the shit out of me when I thought I had lost you”
Kate didnt know what to say...she was yet again hurting the person she loved, her demons had finally succeeded in trying to ruin her life
“Where do I go from here?” she asked
“They are going to bring in a shrink so you can talk to someone...we...I need you to get better”
Kate just nodded. Gerard continued to look at her, walking over to her he kissed her softly on the lips “baby I love you and I’m not going anywhere...your not going to be able to get rid of me that easily”
Kate returned the kiss “I love you too”

Kate wasnt sure how everything was going to pan out, there was a lot of demons she was going to face if she wanted to survive and not to spiral out of control again.