Someday I will Understand

Chapter 92 It may be too late

The next few days were the hardest for Kate as she was trying to come to terms with the problems in her life that she had. She felt as though her life was truly spiralling out of control and there were so many different emotions it was like she was coming off a high.

Gerard was there for her and wouldn’t leave her side, even when Kate was at her worst. Kate still hadn’t seen Sadie which was heartbreaking but she knew it was for the best as if she saw her daughter at this stage it just wouldn’t help as her mood swings were so erratic.

Kate was scheduled to see a therapist in Jersey so that she could discuss her problems and hopefully once again to be able to release all the frustration that she held, whether it would work was a different situation all together.

Gerard had dropped Kate off at her therapy session and decided that as Eliza didn’t live too far away that he would go and visit her. Not calling her he just rocked up and knocked on her door, walking to her door Eliza was surprised to see at Gerard standing there when she opened it.

“Hey what are you ding here ?” she asked
“Um…I just thought I’d say hi” Gerard replied not wanting to go in to detail about what was happening with Kate
“Well come in…I’m happy that you’re here”
Walking inside Gerard followed Eliza in to her kitchen where she sat down at the table unsure of why Gerard was there but impressed that he was.
“So..um.. what’s going on?”
“Ahh…I just thought I’d see how you were doing” Gerard said fumbling with his jumper, he started to think why was he here there was nothing with Eliza…maybe in the past but now his heart belonged to Kate.
“Oh….So um…how are you doing with the what has been happening with Kate” Eliza said as she moved closer towards Gerard, he began to feel uneasy as he kind of knew what game Eliza was playing at.
“Yeh I’m ok…I’m supporting her as best I can” he replied casually

Eliza moved closer towards Gerard, Gerard started to feel a little uneasy but didnt want to say anything he started to think that maybe Eliza was just trying to be caring.

Touching his face Eliza smiled, in her head she felt as though she was succeeding she could feel his breathing on her skin, moving closer she looked straight at him in the eyes where she could see his pain that he was hiding from everyone. With every inch of wit she had she moved her head so that her lips were lingering in front of Gerard’s, he didnt know what to do frozen in time at the circumstance he was now in. With their lips colliding Eliza felt what she thought was passion, Gerard on the other hand was feeling confused.

He loved Kate he knew that, his heart belonged to her, but at the moment Eliza feeling her lips against him made him want the fiery passion, but he had to let go. He couldn’t go on like this it would destroy him, He had almost lost the thing he loved the most which was Sadie and he certainly didnt want to loose Kate like he had nearly as well.

Stopping the kiss Eliza looked up at Gerard hurt
“What is it” She asked
“I cant...I’m sorry” Gerard replied and getting up from where he was sitting
“Gee...don’t go please” Eliza begged
“Eliza I cant...I don’t know...Kate she needs help and I love her”
“How can you love her when what she has put you through, she is ruining you, always putting you under so much stress but for what reason...Gerard you deserve happiness and I can give you that” Eliza said
“Eliza it’s not like that...she’s not well and she needs all the help she can get...” Gerard replied really unable to say anything else
“Gerard please stay...I don’t want you to go but if you do know you always have a place here” Eliza replied grabbing Gerard’s hand and holding it up to her beating heart that he could feel

Letting go of the grip, Gerard pecked Eliza on the cheek with a confused look on his face.
Eliza knew that it wouldn’t be long she could see that Gerard was hurting and confused she just needed to be the shoulder he could cry on and they as she saw it he would be all her’s

By the time Gerard got back to where Kate had her therapy session, she had been waiting only a few minutes where she saw him pull up looking all flustered. Gerard couldn’t bear to tell Kate that he had been with Eliza he saw that it could just push her over the edge and that was the last thing he wanted.

Kate on the other hand could see that something was up and was curious to find out what, more then anything though she really just wanted to see her daughter, she missed her so much and just wanted to hold her in her arms where she could cradle her daughter to sleep. But at the same time she knew she would have to regain trust especially from Frank if she was to see her daughter especially after what she had done to her self.

Unfortunately for Kate it didnt look as though her plan would succeed even with her therapy sessions she had started she felt as though her life was crumbling and all she wanted was a release, not to end her life but to feel happy and she knew where she could get just what she wanted.