Someday I will Understand

Chapter 95 All the words I need to Hear

Gerard was going out of his mind unable to locate where Kate had disappeared to, he knew that ringing the police wasn't going to do anything as Kate needed to be missing for 24 hours before anyone would do anything.

He had started to run out of ideas of where she may have gotten to, the worst thing was Gerard didn't know why Kate hadn't returned and everything was eating at him. He started to think that it was because they'd had an argument, but when he had spoke to Eliza and Frank they had reassured him that Kate was happy.

Laying on the garage floor, Kate started to roll around the effect was wearing off, she started to feel as though everything around her was falling. There was nothing she was thinking more of then besides Gerard and how much she wanted to hate him, how he had betrayed her but yet had said so many sweet things, she didnt give a shit that she had broken her promise. More then anything she wanted to disappear.

Finally able to lift herself up Kate walked out of the garage in to the pitch black night she saw the kitchen light on and could hear shouting, she wasnt sure who it was and simply didnt care, Staggering up the back stairs she made it to the back door where she looked through the sliding door to see Gerard yelling at his mother.

Quietly sliding the door open Gerard and his mother turned around shocked to see Kate trying to creep in the door, Gerard ran to her

“Where the hell have you been, I’ve been worried sick” Gerard yelled
“Where I wanted to be, away from you” Kate replied smugly
“Kate what’s that meant to mean?”
“Oh Gerard you should know” Kate said rolling her eyes and trying to walk past him
“Kate don’t turn away from me, this cant just all be your way...We need to work through this”

Donna had backed back and walked out of the kitchen and in to her bedroom so she could give her son and Kate some privacy

“Gerard what do you want me to say, I’m sorry..well guess what I’m not...I know what you have been doing and can you believe I really thought you loved me, that you were gonna be there for me...But hey I was wrong”
“Katie what are you on about?”
“Oh didnt I tell you, Eliza told me how your always going to her house...I could see she couldn’t tell me the rest but I know I’m not stupid..But the worst thing is I always fall for people like you but its gonna stop. I’ll get the help I need, just not with you...to think I really loved you” Kate replied yelling

Gerard could see that Kate’s eyes were laced again he knew she was on the crack, and though he knew she didnt really mean the words she was saying none the less they were still hurtful, he just couldn’t understand what Eliza had said and why.

One thing was for sure he couldn’t let Kate leave the house as he knew she would just spiral out of control he needed her off the drugs where he could talk some sense to her. The only other person Gerard could think of to do that was Mikey.

Kate and Mikey had formed a close friendship and Kate always seem to listen to what Mikey had to say, It was lucky as Mikey was NJ.

Kate was getting fed up she wanted to leave but deep down she really wanted the help to get out of this vicious cycle where she was just going around in loops, she wanted to be the normal person she use to be before she lost her son.

Kate had realised that she had said some hurtful things to Gerard but she was hurting as well she didnt want to believe that he was doing anything behind her back but she also knew that Eliza wanted Gerard more then anything.

Kate just wasnt sure if she was ready for a fight, she knew that she was pushing Gerard and eventually he will have had enough and leave her and the way it was going she could see it happening sooner rather then later.

After laying on the spare bed Kate heard a knock on the door, getting up and answering it she saw Mikey standing in front of her with a cockish grin on his face, Kate truly cherished the friendship she had with Mikey and was actually really happy to see him

“Katie bear c’mere” Mikey said opening his arms to hold Kate
Kate fell into his arms where the tears fell down her face.
“Katie what’s going on.. Gee is so worried about you we all are”
“He lied to me Mikes...I thought he loved me but he’s been seeing Eliza behind my back she told me herself”
“Aww Katie is that’s what’s upsetting you?” Mikey asked
Kate just nodded now sitting on the spare bed besides Mikey while he held her hand, he could see that she was in a lot of pain just by the way she looked, he had never seen her like this and it really scared him

“Katie don’t believe anything she has to say, one thing you don’t know about Eliza is she can be conniving, always tries to get what she wants and will do what ever it takes..and Honestly it looks like she’s doing it again...Gee loves you Katie more then you could even know, he would die for you, he doesn’t want you to be in pain if he could he would take it away just to see you happy again. Katie you have to fight this, I know it’s hard, trust me I’ve been there but there is so much more to life and you have so many people that love you. We want you to get better”

“I’m so confused Mikey I just don’t know what to do, it’s that bad I’ve started snorting cocaine it’s like a release..that’s what I was doing when I disappeared...I just don’t think I’m strong enough, I don’t feel like I can fight anymore” Kate said still sobbing

“It’s hard at first but it will get better, you just need to take it one day at a time. You can get through this..The drugs Katie have to stop..Please...Don’t leave we want to help you and Gerard I promise you wont leave your side he loves you too much, I’ve never see him in so love before, But Katie you captured his heart and it belongs to you...As for Eliza I’ll deal with her”

“Mikey I swear you’re the best you always seem to make me to see the light” Kate said pecking him on the cheek
“Get some rest and when you wake up tomorrow start it fresh, I’ll be here and so will Gerard”
“Thank you...I need to see Gerard to apologise”Kate responded

Mikey left the room and went and got his brother who had stood outside the door and could hear everything, Gerard loved his brother for what he was doing he appreciated it more then words would ever be able to express.

Walking in Gerard looked down at Kate who was sobbing, he sat down beside her and held her in his arms. Kate felt safe in his arms she did love him, everything was just so confusing to her. “Gerard...I’m sorry...I’m stupid and I know I’ve said sorry so many times before but I am and I’m sorry I broke my promise”
“Baby you don’t need to apologise...all I want is for you to get better..and with Eliza I did see her a couple of times, I thought she was my friend that’s it I swear...I love you Katie always remember” Gerard said kissing her on the lips

After Gerard left, Kate curled on the spare bed falling a sleep looking forward to a new day where she could start it fresh.