Billie the Vampire

"I Vant to Suck Your Blood."

Billie had been quiet while they were eating. He was trying to think of a way to break the news. So far he had had no luck. He half-heartedly poked the little food he had left on his plate with his fork.

“Billie, what were you going to tell us?” Mike asked.

“Oh, um…” Billie stood up, swallowing. He looked at the three people still sitting, lingering on Adrienne a little longer. He hoped that it wouldn’t be the last time. “I-I-I’m…” he turned his head to the side, not wanting to see their reactions. “I’m a vampire…” he said quietly.

For a second there was silence, then Mike said, “What?”

Billie sighed. “I’m a vampire. You know, I vant to suck your blood and that sort of thing…”

“Vampires don’t exist,” Tré said. “Everyone knows that. Is this supposed to be some kind of prank or something?”

“No, I—“ Billie stopped short. He sensed something, something wrong. He spun around and his eyes fell on a man who was reaching into a pocket for something…a gun! Without thinking, Billie ran over and tackled him. The man let out a surprised shout and he dropped the gun.

Billie was staring the man in the eyes when he felt his gaze being drawn down lower. They rested on the man’s neck. He felt a want for blood, something he couldn’t deny. It was too strong and irresistible. A grin spread across his face as he stared at the bare flesh. It was so close and he was finally going to taste blood again after so long. His fangs were totally visible now.

The man was struggling, kicking and flailing, trying to get free. He even managed to punch Billie in the chest, but it only felt like a tap to the vampire.

Billie leaned in and bit. Instantly blood filled his mouth and he drank. He was oblivious to the world around him as he drank. It was absolute bliss drinking human blood again. Nothing would separate him from his victim.

“Billie, stop!” somebody cried. At first he didn’t remember who it was, but then it clicked. It was Adie.

He paused and looked up at her, conscious of the fact that blood was dribbling down his face. He could tell that she was scared, worried, and there was some despair in her eyes along with possibly some anger at the fact that her husband was killing someone. Billie turned back to his work.

“Billie,” she pleaded, “don’t kill him.”

“But if I don’t he’ll be a vampire,” Billie said. He wasn’t sure, but he would do anything to finish the job. He licked his fangs before setting back to work.

“Stop it! He’ll just have to be a vampire then!” Adrienne yelled.

Billie reluctantly stopped drinking and stood up. He licked the blood that was around his mouth along with his fangs until there were no traces of it left. He glanced at Mike, Tré, Adie, and then the man who he might’ve just killed. Guilt overcame him and he started to step back.

Adrienne ran over to the man to see if he was still alive as Mike and Tré just stood there in shock. Billie turned and ran. He ran out the door and into the street. It had gotten cloudy out and it was getting dark. He went down an alley where he collapsed against a wall.

He sat there, head in hands, as tears started flowing down his cheeks. He’d just messed up, big time. He feared it that it had been the last time he would ever see them again.