Billie the Vampire

Wrong Person, Wrong Place, Wrong Time

Billie suddenly snapped his head up, eyes wide. He thought he had heard a noise. It was footsteps. He stared at the front of the alley, waiting to watch whoever it was go by. When he saw four teenagers enter, all of whom looked quite unfriendly, he was surprised. At first they didn’t seem to notice him as they were so busy chatting and it was so dark. But then Billie got up and they did take notice of him.

A guy with a Mohawk, body piercings, and tattoos galore noticed first. He stopped abruptly, his friends following his example, and grinned, cracking his knuckles. “Well lookie here, it’s Billy-Jo Armstrong, the ‘hot’ rock star, himself,” the punk sneered.

Billie’s eyes widened as he realized that he was the wrong person in the wrong place at the wrong time. He considered trying to scare them by showing his fangs but decided against it. Remembering what had already happened that night, Billie didn’t exactly want to use his vampire powers at all. Nothing much would be between his fangs and somebody’s neck once they were out. He didn’t trust himself.

As he thought all this, the teenagers surrounded him. Two of them got behind him and each pinned an arm behind his back. The punk with the Mohawk who seemed to be their leader drew his arm back to punch Billie who braced himself for the blow. He was hit square in the jaw which probably should have been dislocated or something with the force of it but instead just felt like a he had been lightly punched, it hardly hurting at all. The teenager didn’t seem to notice, though, and got ready to punch Billie again.

Billie snaked his right arm out of the teenager who was holding its grasp and easily caught the next punch. The Mohawk guy was surprised.

“What the-?” he began before he was cut off by Billie twisting his arm. He winced and struggled to break free from the rocker’s unnaturally strong grasp.

His cronies tried to pry Billie’s arm away, but they didn’t have an effect on him until one punched Billie in the back of the head. Billie Joe released his grasp and spun around, getting his other arm free, to face the culprit. The teenager realized that he had made a mistake as Billie punched him, knocking him back into a wall of the alley and knocking him out.

Billie felt a pain in his back and felt a warm liquid trickling from its source. He reached back with a hand and felt somebody kick him, causing him even more pain. He winced before turning around to get whoever it was that had inflicted the pain. He saw another of the teenagers with a knife, his blood dripping from it. He froze, staring at the blood. It stirred up his thirst for blood. It would be easy enough to just bite one of the punks’ necks.

Before he let himself get too far lost in his thoughts, he grabbed the wrist of the hand that held the knife and squeezed it tightly until the weapon was dropped. Then he simply threw a well-placed punch and knocked the person out. With three down, he only had one more to go. He looked up and saw them running towards the opening of the alley. He chased after the figure, catching up in a few strides. He kicked the person in the back and they fell forward to the ground.

Blood was flowing from the wound in his back and there were plenty of wounds that the teenagers shared. It was just so tempting. Billie could feel his fangs grow ever so slightly, telling him that they wanted to sink into flesh again. He stared mesmerized at the unfortunate person who was unconscious in front of him.

“Hey sellout!” a voice shouted from behind him.

Billie spun around and saw the leader, the pain still seen—though trying to be hid—in the teen’s face. Now he was grinning in an almost maniacal way, creeping Billie out a little. The guy launched himself at Billie, a knife drawn. He tackled the guitarist to the ground and attempted to cut Billie’s arm. Billie’s head banged against the ground and he was in extreme pain. He managed to punch his attacker in the face before the knife could even touch his skin. Pain also was flaring from his back wound and now Billie Joe passed out.