Billie the Vampire

Vampire Weaknesses and Illnesses

Billie Joe slowly opened his eyes. He was instantly greeted with the worst headache ever, and he ached all over. Fortunately he was in a bed, though he had no clue how he had gotten there. He squinted and saw two brown eyes. Registering whose they must be, he turned his gaze to the side.

He was shocked when he felt somebody hug him. He turned and saw Adrienne’s head resting on his shoulder, arms wrapped around him.

“I’m so glad you’re alive,” she whispered.

“Even though…”

“Even though you’re a vampire,” she confirmed. “We’ll get through this, and I know it’s not your fault.”

That made Billie feel better, until he remembered why he was sore all over. “Did…” he said hesistantly, “did that man…?“

“Die? No.”

Billie Joe inwardly sighed with relief. Now at least he felt a little better. ‘But wouldn’t that man be a vampire now too?’ he couldn’t help but think.

With a groan, he swung his legs over to the side of his bed. Despite the pain, he didn’t want to be stuck in bed any longer. There were things that needed to be taken care of. He needed to find out more. He had already wasted enough time already, now he should finally actually spend some time reading the book given to him by William.

“You sure you want to get up?” Adie asked, concerned.

Billie nodded his head reassuringly, standing up with gritted teeth. He stretched a little bit before thinking to himself, ‘Well, maybe this isn’t so bad.’ He made his way over to his underwear drawer, feeling his wife’s gaze, watching to make sure he didn’t collapse or something. Just as he was about to reach what he wanted, his knees buckled and he fell to the floor. He sensed Adie spring forward. Just as suddenly, he popped back up, fine.
It took a second for her to realize what had happened. As soon as she did, she said in a stern, yet somewhat relieved, voice, “Don’t you ever do that again. You scared me.”

“What? Can’t I joke around a little?” he asked jokingly. “I mean last night was rough.”

“So…” she trailed off as he pulled out the book after rummaging around a bit. “What’s that?”

“A book…about vampires. It was given to me by one at the library,” Billie Joe explained.

“You actually went to the library to try to find out more about vampires?” Adie asked skeptically.

“Yeah…” Billie said, pouting to himself that his wife was so disbelieving.

“Well I’m going to go make some breakfast,” Adrienne said. She left the room as Billie sat down, closing the door behind her.

He opened the book and rolled his eyes in annoyance at himself for forgetting that it needed to be pitch-black in order for him to read it. Setting the book down to the side of him, he got up and went over to turn the dimmed light off. With that done, he went back to the task at hand. He decided to just flip to a random page and read whatever it had on it. Vampire Weaknesses and Illnesses headed the page in bold print.

‘Well this sounds important,’ Billie thought to himself.

As I am sure you have already discovered, light hurts a vampire’s eyes. Light also weakens a vampire’s powers along with keeping

Bored, he skipped down a bit to illnesses.

If a vampire goes too long with blood it can sometimes become unstable until it has blood, becoming a danger to itself and everyone around it. The time before this happens varies between vampires and doesn’t always happen. If the vampire suffering from this illness does not drink any blood within a certain period of time, it will never be cured. Most vampires don’t last too long in this condition.

If lead gets into a vampire’s veins, even after extracted, they will become sick. It will develop a fever and slowly become more and more agitated. It also affects the vampire’s ability to think clearly. The vampire


Billie suddenly closed the book. ‘Since when am I going to have to be worried about lead getting into my blood?’ he thought to himself. He felt as though he needed to do something, and it made him restless. Then he realized what he needed to do: he needed to apologize to Mike and Tré.