Billie the Vampire

Making Promises to Himself

"Holy fuck..." Tré breathed. He got up and ran over to the nurse's body while Mike went to see if he could find somebody who could help.

Billie felt like a deer in the headlights. He was paralyzed with fear: the fear that he had probably just killed someone; the fear that he might get found out.

A team of doctors burst into the room and hurried over towards the nurse. One of them checked for a pulse before they carried her out.

Mike came back into the room and sat down along with Tré again. Both looked shaken. Billie felt guilt rising up within him. He had killed. He had killed. He had killed. The words kept pounding in his head.

"I wonder if she's okay," Mike said, breaking the awkward silence that had fallen.

"Yeah..." Billie replied, squirming a bit. "I-I'm kind of tired right now..." he said suddenly.

"Okay, I think we should leave anyways." Mike stood up and dragged Tré out with him who kept whispering "vampire" with emphasis.

Eventually Mike got tired of it and hit Tré upside the head again. It succeeded at quieting him, but not before he muttered something about Mike killing all his brain cells.

Now that he was alone, Billie really did feel tired. He also felt relieved that no one had suspected him. Probably since he was in the hospital. He thought he wouldn't be able to fall asleep. After all, he was just now a vampire, and he did just kill somebody. But he fell asleep soon after.

He had decided on something, though, before he fell asleep. He had decided he was going to find out, find out everything he could about vampires. He needed to know so that he could protect everyone from himself, and also so he knew what he could and couldn't do. He didn't want to go to the beach and find himself burn up instantly in the sun, or him eating garlic bread and getting ill.

He didn't know when he was going to tell Mike and Tré...or Adie who was at her parents' house right now. He didn't know if he should tell Joey and Jakob. He didn't know if he should tell anyone. What if they all left him? He was a monster now, or at least he was close to being one.

He didn't know what to do, but he wasn't worrying at the moment. He was asleep, forgetting all his troubles...at least until the morning. Then they would be ready to greet him, forever to be on his mind.