Billie the Vampire

Attack

The sun was now setting, and Billie was just sitting around. He feared that he might do something when the sun went down, like a werewolf during a full moon.

The phone rang, startling Billie. He grabbed the phone and answered.

"Hello?" he said.

"Hi, it's me."

"Adie? Why did you call?"

"I wanted to see how you were. I heard that you got attacked by somebody backstage, and I got worried."

"Oh, yeah...don't worry, I'm okay now." 'Or as close as I can get.'

"Good...I don't want you to die for some time now."

"I won't." 'If she only knew...'

"I guess I'll see you in two days, then."

"Yeah, I guess."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Billie hung the phone up. He let out a sigh. He knew he would have to tell her. But he wanted to wait as long as he could, learn as much as he could, prepare himself for the worst as much as he could...if that was possible.

He was interrupted yet again, this time by the doorbell ringing. He made his way downstairs easily even though all the blinds were closed, no lights were on, and it was now night. When he opened the door, he saw that it was Mike.

"Hey," Mike said.

"Hey. Why don't you come in?" Billie opened the door wider so Mike could come in.

He did and started saying, "I'm kind of worried about you..." He stopped when Billie shut the door. His eyes widened.

"What?" Billie asked.

"It's pitch-black," Mike answered.

Billie blinked. He had forgotten that. Fuck.

"Billie...?"

The urge to drink his blood suddenly overcame Billie. He jumped on Mike and pinned him to the ground.

"Shit! Billie, what the fuck?" Mike shouted, struggling.

Billie felt his fangs and licked them. The gap between his fangs and Mike's neck was small and was getting smaller. There was hardly any space between them when Billie stopped himself.

'I can't do this,' he thought.

Mike tried to punch him, but Billie dodged and ended up knocking him out.

'Hopefully he won't remember any of this in the morning, otherwise I'll have quite a bit of explaining to do.' Billie smiled grimly at the thought.

Before he did anything he would regret, Billie left the now unconscious Mike in the dark and ran to his room, clenched fist in his mouth which he bit down on, not relenting even though it induced pain. He was actually glad since it kept him from fantasizing about drinking Mike's blood. His fangs dug into his skin, and it started to bleed. He contented himself by licking it up greedily.

Billie wrenched the door open and slammed it shut once he was inside. He locked it behind him before he collapsed onto his bed, head in his hands.

'I need to find out more before Adie and the boys come home,' he thought resolutely. 'And then I'll tell Mike, Tré, and Adie sometime this week.'

A few drops of blood dripped from his two small, twin wounds and fell onto his black pants, staining them. It was like a seal to his promise, signed by a drop of his own blood.