Billie the Vampire

The Book

As Billie waited for Tré to wake up, he locked himself in his room and picked the book that William had given him back up. Deciding to give it another shot, he opened the book and flipped to one of its first pages.

The room was pitch black, but he could see perfectly. He hadn’t bothered to turn on any lights since he didn’t need them and the blinds were shut. It was night so no light flooded in from the outside.

He almost dropped the book in shock when he saw words written out on the page in a neat and fancy script. They weren’t glowing or anything, it was just as though he were reading them with a normal amount of light, the usual amount needed in order to read.

He kept his finger on the page and got up to turn the light on, not wanting to have to worry about damaging his eyesight. When he did and sat back down, opening the book back up, though, the page was blank. He rubbed his eyes in disbelief. He set the book down on the bed and went to turn the light back off. When he returned, there were words on the pages again. Now he was intrigued. He gently picked the book back up, resting it on his lap. The pages were old and were tinged a yellowish hue and he was careful not to rip any of them.

Written out in somebody’s handwriting was the title of the book, Vampires. Underneath it written the same only smaller it said William Clapp.

‘So William was only trying to help me, and obviously he’s been around for a long time,’ Billie thought. ‘He must have a lot of free time on his hands.’

After seeing all this, he mentally kicked himself in the head. He had no reason to be angry at the old librarian and if he hadn’t gotten angry yesterday, he wouldn’t have Tré to worry about right now. He had just gotten angry and done something without thinking, putting his secret into jeopardy. He felt anger welling up inside of him, anger at himself. He was angry that he couldn’t control himself.

He shut the book more roughly than he probably should have and stood up, pacing around the room and fuming at himself. He didn’t know why. He didn’t know why he was getting so mad over such small things. It was as though he had changed to where he couldn’t act like himself at all anymore, that he would constantly be doing stupid things.

Now he contemplated new things, dark things. Maybe he should move away. Maybe he should just give in and let himself kill. It only caused him sorrow and eventually he wouldn’t be able to stop himself. No point in stalling it if it wasn’t doing any good. Or maybe he should just commit suicide. He felt that he would never get used to it and would forever be fighting a losing battle. Besides, better if he died before he caused anyone that was close to him harm, or vice versa.

Without thinking, he unlocked and opened the door and licked his fangs which were already protruding out over his lip. He stalked through the house until he reached the room that Tré was in. He silently opened the door and made his way over to the bed the drummer was sleeping in currently. He hovered over the drummer, deciding on how he would bite him. Without further thought or hesitation, he lunged forward, aiming for his neck which was bare and just inviting Billie’s fangs to sink into it.