Billie the Vampire

Let's Go Out Tonight

Billie woke up to see Adrienne with her back turned to him, putting clothes away in a drawer. He yawned, rolling over and rubbing his eyes, wondering what time it was and when she had gotten home. He tried not to wince too much as the sunlight streaming into the room made his eyes burn. He blinked it off before getting up, turning his back to the window in the room.

He went up behind his wife and snaked his arms around her, causing her to freeze up in surprise. She twisted around to see him and a smile played on her lips.

“Since when have you been so sneaky?” she asked, staring him in the eyes.

“I could ask you the same thing,” he replied, grinning his biggest grin in awhile.

Adrienne smiled innocently. “I saw you sleeping and didn’t want to disturb you since you looked so cute and peaceful.”

Billie Joe kissed her. “Well thanks for letting me get my sleep,” he told her.

For a moment they just stood there in silence, Adrienne in her husband’s arms. Then she said, “Tré left a little while ago. He said he came over and must’ve fallen asleep. He said that you tried to scare him when he woke up, but he ended up scaring you.”

Billie nodded, thinking. “Yeah…” he admitted in a voice that sounded distant. Adrienne gave him a questioning look. “What?”

“What’s on your mind?” she asked, resting her head on his shoulder and looking up at his face.

“I...it’s…it’s nothing,” Billie muttered. There was a pause before he said, “Um, do you want to go out to eat tonight since you just got back?”

Adrienne looked puzzled but let him change the subject for now. “Sure…”

“I think I’ll ask Mike and Tré to come too,” Billie continued, looking away from her. “I, uh, want to tell you guys something.”

“Okay…” Adrienne said, raising her head and straightening up again.

“How about we go early, like at four?” Billie asked, hoping she would say yes. He wanted to go out to eat as early as possible. Things got too out of control at night.

“Sounds good.” Adrienne returned back to the clothes she was putting away. “You better take a shower and get changed soon. It’s already almost 1:30. You should probably call Mike and Tré first, though.”

Billie nodded before going downstairs to use the kitchen phone to call his friends. He silently plodded down the stairs, his mind going a thousand miles a second. He was going to tell them tonight. So many things could go wrong. For one, they probably wouldn’t believe him. Two, if they did believe they could be so scared of him, especially Mike and Tré whom he had already attacked and gotten so closed to killing.

“Dad!” he heard an excited voice shout.

He felt somebody small hug him. Looking down, a grin spread over his face and Billie momentarily forgot his problems. He stopped down to return the hug. “Hey there, Jakob!” He then looked over to see his other son sitting on the couch, watching TV. “Hey, Joey.”

“Hi, Dad,” Joey said without bothering to break his gaze from the screen.

Billie shrugged at his son’s reluctance to say anything else. “You guys are going to be home alone for a little while tonight. Me and Mom are going to go out to eat for dinner at around four. Joey’s going to be in charge while we’re gone.” This caused Joey to turn around, grinning. “No blowing up the house or burning it down. I want to see the house still standing when I get home. Don’t touch the oven or stove. You can microwave hotdogs or something for dinner. No killing each other either. If you need anything, you guys can just call us.”

“’Kay, Dad,” Joey said enthusiastically.

Billie turned to go into the kitchen when he added, “Stop sticking your tongue out at your brother, Joey.”

Joey was shocked that somehow his dad had known he had sticking his tongue out at Jakob. He hadn’t made a sound and had made sure that his dad had turned around before doing it so he wouldn’t see.

Billie didn’t know how, but he had sensed it. He was equally as surprised as Joey, but he hid it. He attributed it to his being a vampire. Wondering if he would ever get used to it, he picked up the phone and dialed Mike’s number.