Where The *** Is Frank?

One Shot

“Where’s Frank these days? He’s late for sound check again!” Bob growled, “What’ll be his excuse this time eh? *pauses to get into character* Ooh sorry I’m late but I had a crisis, I lost my eyeliner again!”

“Oi! Bob leave him alone, it’s not like you’ve never been late before,” Ray started, defending Frank.

“I have NEVER been late before!”

“Well nobody’s perfect,” Gerard stood up and clocked Bob round his head.

“Ow! Well I am pretty good,” Bob smirked.

“Look,” Mikey said, “I’m sure Frank’s got a reasonable explanation for being late, in fact, I’ll go look for him right now. Don’t start accusing until I get some answers.”

Mikey set down his bass and stormed out of the arena. He rarely gets pissed off but today wasn’t his lucky day. Frank is usually one for making terrible excuses, and this would no doubt be another one to go down in history. Mikey trudged over to the My Chemical Romance bus, hands in his pockets. He stopped outside the door, slid his glasses up his nose and opened the heavy door. On entering the bus, he heard silent sobs coming from one of the bunks.

“What the hell?!” Mikey thought to himself out loud.

“Go away,” a voice mumbled.

“Frank, is that you?”

“No”.

“Liar”.

Small sniffles came from the other side of the bus, where Frank’s bunk is. Mikey walked over to the bunk to find Frank in tears with his arms wrapped around his legs.

“Shit Frankie, what’s wrong?” Mikey slumped down on the bunk next to Frank, whose eyes were red raw.

“Th…they’re gone Mikes, I c…can’t be…lieve it,” Frank whimpered.

“What’s gone,” Mikey trailed off, the realization just hit him, “Oh”.

He wrapped his arms around Frank, who immediately clung into the embrace and buried his face in Mikey’s shirt.

“I know, but you’ve gotta move on,” Mikey lightly brushed the tears off Frank’s face.

“I guess, but they were just so beautiful.”

“Yeah I know, but there’s plenty more in the world.”

“It’s not the point Mikey, they belonged to me and I loved them to bits.”

“Franks, that’s what happens when you get too attached to your skittles, look will it help if I get you some more?”

Frank looked up with happiness in his eyes and pounced on Mikey, planting little kisses on his face.

“I LOVE YOU MIKEY!”

Mikey giggled, “I love you too Frankie, now come on, we gotta get to sound check.”

“Yeah, I guess Bob’s pretty mad huh,” Frank said.

“We’ll think of something,” Mikey pulled Frank off the bus and they walked to sound check.
They entered the arena to find Gerard holding what it looked like to be drumsticks, which was probably the reason why Bob was chasing him.

“Give them back Gerard, it’s not even funny,” Bob pounced on him and snatched back the drumsticks.

“Hey look, Mikey’s back,” Ray pointed to the figures that entered the arena.

“So Frank, why are you late for sound check again?” Bob questioned.

“Wait Frankie, have you been crying?” Gerard asked, noticing the eyeliner marks on his face.

Frank looked at Mikey who stepped in, “He just got a phone call from his dad, Frank’s mom is a little sick and in hospital.”

“Oh my god, is she okay?” Ray walked over to Frank.

“Yeah, she’s gonna be out in a couple of days, but I’m gonna visit her tonight,” Frank answered, “And Mikey’s gonna come with me.” He looked over to Mikey and smiled.

“Oh okay, sorry for snapping Frank,” Bob murmured, returning to his drum riser.

“It’s fine, honestly,” Frank grabbed Pansy and got into position as Mikey took his bass from where he left it. Gerard came over to Mikey and talked out of earshot of Bob.

“So what really happened?” Gerard asked.

Mikey grinned and looked at his brother; he knew that he could never lie to him, “Yeah, Frank had a little accident.”

“He finished his skittles again, didn’t he?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I already posted this once, but the whole one-shot regulations came about, so I thought it best to put this one-shot in its own story thing.
I hope you like it
Much love to those who read... and even more to those who comment
Evelyn Shadows
x x x x