I'm No Cinderella

Chapter 3

I arrived early, before the bell, seventh period, and I hid at the back of the art room, in clear view of our teacher. My stomach was flipping up and down, and I gulped. I started to paint, when I felt someone beside me, his breathing, right by my ear. My heart stopped.

“What is it?” his voice was soft, and luring. And in shock, I jumped up dropping my pallet, paint slpattering everywhere.

Without looking at him, I scrambled to pick up the pallet, and I gulped in nervousness.
"Oh my god. Drew. Crappppppppp..."
I looked up at the mysterious guy, and shockingly, it wasn’t who I thought it was. I sighed in relief, while he helped me clean up the mess that I so clumsily made, while I apologized again, and again, while he laughed and said it was all right.

After finished cleaning up the mess, I smiled at him, shyly. “I’m Jennifer, just call me Jen though.”

“Oh, I know who you are,” he laughed, “ You were at the mall yesterday, insulting my brothers girlfriend.”

My face reddened, and my face fell. “Oh,” I breathed out, “ That.”

He looked at me now, suspiciously. “ I thought it was great, nobody, I mean nobody who have said that to Miranda.”

I sat down, my head a bit lightheaded. “Well, I wasn’t really thinking.”

“Hey…” he said after a few minutes of watching me paint, “ You all right?”

“Just…peachy.”

“Ok…come with me.” He grabbed my arm, and took two hall passes. “Mrs. Cooper. I’m going to take some pictures for our project…is that alright?” he still had me by the arm, and I stood there, a little dazed.

“All right, Mr. Revert, but why are you bringing, Mrs. Lana?” she tipped her glassed down, to look at him questionably, “ You aren’t going to…?” she coughed, both of our eyes widened.

“No, no, no, Mrs. Cooper…er… its not like that.” I stifled a laugh as his face instantly turned red.

“Alright then…I’ll see you two tomorrow…don’t forget. Final pictures are due right after the next upcoming dance which is this Friday... ”

We walked out, embarrassed and laughing, then I stopped. He turned to look at me, and my face was full of confusion.

“What is it…?” he looked at me questionably.

“I never did ask your name.”

He laughed. “ Jake.” He winked and continued walking leaving me dazed, before I had to run up to catch up to him.

He began taking pictures of the sky, flowers, while I walked around our school garden, trying to think of things.

The bell rang and everyone stormed out, while I sat there, staring intently at the flowers. I layed down on the soft grass and fell asleep in the warm afternoon sun.

That day was the first day I dreamt of Jake. And oh boy, was it good. His short blonde hair, soft green eyes, and hidden behind a face of an angel, his perfect body, sculpted into his clothing. I sighed rolling over in my sleep. I woke up with a gentle touch.

“Jen…?”

My eyes flew open, “Oh!” I sat up. “Hmm?” I pushed the stray hair out of my face, and looked at Jake, embarrassed that I fell asleep. I stood up, my face turning redder, as I looked at the ground.

“I’m…going to now…” I said, and without a response I rushed picking up my books, and quickly walking home.

I think I really like Jake. Not Drew...wow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, tell meh what you think?