So Near... Yet So Far...

01

She was the young and upcoming female singer on the music circuit. She could do no wrong. She was loved by many and idolized by all the others. She may have been short and petite but she had a big smile and a warm personality to make up for it. From her hazel eyes, to her porcelain skin and fiery red hair, she screamed innocence. She was Hayley Williams.

He was possibly one of the biggest assholes around. He was the one behind the drum beats in the notorious rock band, Avenged Sevenfold. He drank, smoked, did drugs and been arrested numerous times. His piercing blue eyes and jet black hair, teamed with his height could intimidate anyone. He was not one to be fucked with. He was Jimmy Sullivan, a.k.a. The Rev

The blistering heat was enough to make the coolest of the cool sweat under their over sized sunglasses. Hayley was on the finishing song of her set. Even the stench of sweaty teenagers, all gathered before her to hear her sing her lungs out, could wipe the contagious smile off her face.

Hayley could feel the harsh UV rays of the sun, threatening to burn her pale complexion, as she danced around the stage. Her hair seemed to be on fire as she thrashed it around in the heat. As the song came to a close, and she send her love out to the kids, she quickly left the stage. Hayley picked up a white towel and whipped away the layer of sweat that lay on the surface of her skin.

Hayley was still gleaming as she walked through the minority of roadies at the side of the stage, she handed her mic to one of which she knew. She was caught off guard when her eyes laid upon a lone figure. In the darkest, quietest place at the side of the stage, she saw a tall, lanky man with messy black hair, looking at her from under the sunglasses that hide his eyes. She couldn't believe that the guy was covered in head to foot in dark clothing, especially in this heat.

"C'mon Hayley," One of the security guys said as he placed a light hand on her small shoulder. "Stay away from him...He's bad news." She simply nodded in response and started making her way back to the car that would take her to the hotel. She could still feel the man's gaze burning into her back, even when she was out of his sight.

Jimmy stubbed out his cigarette as the petite, red head left the stage. He remained still for several moments, the roadies avoiding him like the plague, before he started making his way back to the 'Deathbat' tour bus. The moment his hand reached out and touched the handle of the door, The Rev took over.

Hayley pulled her hair up into a messy pony tail, as she sat cross-legged on the hotel room bed, doing her favorite past-time. Watching cartoons. A light laugh escaped her lips as she watched the cartoon characters get up to the usual scripted stupidity.

This happened to be one of those rare occasions when Hayley managed to get a room to herself. Due to not having a roomie to put up with, she was dressed in baggy PJ pants and a snuggly over sized band tee. She removed any trace of make up, leaving her fresh faced. It was times like these, that mean Hayley could relax and be herself.

After the episode of badly animated cartoons ended, it was nearing 10:30PM. All bands staying at the hotel ha d a 7AM wake up call, in order to start the trek to the next stop on Warped Tour.

Picking up the thin remote, Hayley turned off the TV with a simple click of a button. She then got to her feet and walked onto the balcony. The cool breeze that greeted her, send a shiver up her spine. Leaning on the railings, her eyes become mesmerized by the color, twinkling lights of the city that was laid out before her.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"