So Near... Yet So Far...

02

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

Startled, Hayley jumped and looked to where the voice came from. And there he was. The 'lone' guy from earlier. He had a cigarette balanced in his fingers and raised it to his lips, taking a drag. He was situated on the balcony next to hers, no more than a meter away.

The guy tore his gaze from the lights of the city and looked into Hayley's brown eyes. She returned the gesture by looking into his ice blue ones. Neither of them blinking or flinching.

"You know I don't like you smoking." Hayley stated calmly.

He stubbed out the cigarette and threw it off the balcony. "It's not as easy to quit as they say babe." Hayley nodded in response, tucking a spray piece of hair behind her hair. "You gonna come over?" He asked.

Hayley let out a sigh. "Can't there's security in the corridor. They might say something." Her warm smile turned into a frown as she said this.

"Oh...Okay then." Jimmy disappeared into his room, leaving Hayley all alone and confused. He then reappeared without his leather jacket, that he had been wearing. "I'm coming over."

His lanky frame began to climb over the railings of the balcony, that were suspended twelve floors above the ground. One leg after the other, he was soon clinging to the wrong side of the railings.

"James! Are you crazy!" Hayley frantically yelled at him, fear and panic setting in.

"No." Came his strained reply, as he reached out and hauled himself onto Hayley's balcony and climbed over the railings, so he was now standing in front of her. "But I am crazy in love with you." He smirked at her.

Even though it was dark, Jimmy could still see the blush on Hayley's cheeks, as he towered over her small frame. His hands raked through her warm colored hair as he gazed down at her. "God I've missed you so much Hayley."

Hayley smiled up at Jimmy, as she rested her small hands on his flat chest. "Not as much as I've missed you. Last time we could see each other was back in NY." Jimmy nodded, wrapping his arms around his girl and pulled her into his chest even more. Hayley nuzzled her face into his chest, enjoying the warmth and feeling of being close to him again. "Let's go inside." She said, as it was beginning to get cold outside. She led the way into her hotel room.

"You still have this old thing?" Jimmy chuckled, sending vibrations through his chest. Hayley looked up at the cheese, yellow, cuddly toy duck, that was on the double bed.

"Of course!" Hayley gasped, removing herself from Jimmy's arms and jumping onto the bed. "I never go anywhere without Mr. Ducky!" She say crossed legged and played with the stuffed animal. "Besides, you won this for me the first time we went out."

"I remember that day!" Jimmy smiled, he then sat behind Hayley on the bed, placing a leg either side of her. Hayley leaned back into Jimmy's chest as his arms wrapped around her waist. "I was so nervous about going out with you, that I was sick three times. I told the guys that I had a really bad hangover."

Hayley inhaled deeply, as she stared down at the tatty duck. She couldn't help but feel that familiar lump form in her throat. "James, I...I hate all this. Us....Us being kept a secret." Clear tears threatened to fall from her eyes. "I don't care what people say. I just want to be with you."

Jimmy turned Hayley in his arms and reached out to wipe away her tears. It broke his heart to see her like this. Every time they touched on the topic of their relationship, Hayley would cry. "Hayley. I'd give anything fro us to go public. It's just you've worked so hard to get to where you are today. And I don't want you to throw that all away over me." Hayley sniffled and kept her head low. "I love you." He said, kissing her softly.

"I love you too." She replied.

"Now lets get into bed. You've had a long day and need to rest that pretty little head of yours." Jimmy playfully poked Hayley's nose, who intern pretended to bite at his finger.

Jimmy kicked off his shoes and crawled under the duvet cover, with Hayley following suit but letting her hair down. As Jimmy lay flat on his back, she turned onto her side and rested her head on his chest, listening to the steady beat of his heart. Jimmy switched off the light and rested his head on the over-stuffed pillow, then wrapped his arms around Hayley in a protective manor.

Jimmy's alter ego, The Rev, might have fooled everyone else, but only Hayley could see the true James Sullivan. The one that would do sweet things like send her flowers to cheer her up and leave cute messages on her voice mail.

Sleep soon took over Hayley's body and she could no longer resist the urge to sleep. Her breathing evened out, as did the rise and fall of her chest. But Jimmy was wide awake, running his finger tips along Hayley's bare arm.

He began to think about everything and nothing. When he looked down at his sleeping Hayley, a feeling of pride took over him. She was the only one that could keep him grounded. She was the ying to his yang. His light in the dark. They were different on so many levels, yet, they were simply drawn together.

But the fact was that they both knew they couldn't public-ally.Hayley's management did everything in their power to keep the 19 year old shielded from the whole sex, drugs and rock and roll side of the music industry. And Jimmy didn't want to be the one that ruined her career.

Jimmy wanted nothing more than for everyone to know about their love for each other. To go out on dates to the movies or get a bite to eat. To show that even though Hayley was 19 and he was 27, that they were a match made in heaven.

They had the most innocent relationship. Not based on lust or sexual desire. Just purely on love. Even though they had been seeing each other fro seven months, they had yet to have sex. Hayley was still a virgin and wanted to wait until she was ready, which was something that Jimmy respected fully.

He looked down at Hayley as she slept peacefully. Softly, he kissed the top of her head and settled down for a much wanted nights rest.

Golden rays woke Jimmy up the following morning. Glancing at the bedside clock, it read 6:46AM. He had less that 15mins to get back to his room for the wake up call.

Looking down, a smile spread across his face, as he saw Hayley tucked into his side, with her flaming red hair poking up from under the duvet. "Hayley...Hayley doll.." Jimmy said softly, trying to wake her up. "I have to go." She tightened her grip on him and shook her head. "Babe c'mon." He chuckled.

"But I'm not gonna see you for two weeks." She mumbled, sitting up to face him. "I feel lonely when your not around."

"I'm only a phone call away. And we'll probably bump into each other backstage," Jimmy smiled sitting up. "here, have these." He reached up and took off the dog tag chain around his neck and out it around Hayley's. She smiled and leaned forwards pressing her lips to his.

Getting out of bed, Jimmy put his shoes on and stood up. Hayley also got up and hugged him close. They both headed back out onto the balcony, so Jimmy could get back into his room. He leaned down and kissed Hayley deeply, as her arms wrapped around his neck. They remained like this, until they both knew that they had to part. "I love you Hayley."

"I love you too James."

Jimmy pressed a simple kiss to her forehead, then began to clamber back over the balcony. Once back on his room's balcony, Jimmy grinned at Hayley and bowed. "I bid thee fair well, my maiden."

"Why thank you kind Sir." Hayley laughed in return. They stared at each other lovingly, until there was a knock at Jimmy's door.

"I've got to go." He sighed. "Talk soon. I love you." He blew a kiss at her.

"I love you too." Hayley pretended to catch the kiss. Jimmy smiled, before retreating to his room.

Hayley remained outside, until she got her wake up call. But one thought plagued her mind about Jimmy....

So near...Yet So Far...