Broken Record

The Oneshot

Frank dragged the old, battered suitcase down the concrete stairs. He was too excited to even notice as it scraped along a loose brick, adding yet another mark to it’s brown exterior. His drummer lifted the case from Frank and placed it among the rest of the gear in the van.

”That everything?”

”I think so…”

”Are you sure?” Frank frowned as his band mate nodded to something behind him.

As Frank curiously turned around, the high on which he had been on since the talk with their tour manger suddenly faded into a black pit of guilt.

”I thought you weren’t going to come…”

”I couldn’t let you leave without saying goodbye, now could I?”

An awkward silence fell between them, only broken when Gerard placed his hands onto the shorter boy’s shoulders.

”Why Frankie?”

”I’m sorry, but I had to. I can't keep living the same old routine.”

”But... but you promised."

"I know. I know, but you have to understand Gee. I'll be back soon, but my..My offer still stands?" Frank looked up with hopeful eyes.

"I'd love to Frankie, but you know as well as I do I can't. My life is here." Gerard breathed out before pulling his best friend into a tight hug.

Frank pulled out of the embrace when a horn blasted from the hunk of metal that was parked up outside his house.

”I’ll see you Gee!” Called the young boy over his shoulder as he was practically dragged into the cramped van.

”Bye Frankie.” came the whispered reply as the vehicle roared to life and began to speed down the abandoned street.

Frank stuck his head out of the dusty window and their eyes met for the final time as they waved goodbye.

Long after it was out of sight, Gerard turned away and started his journey down all too familiar paths, passing the same people that he had seen all his life and when he finally made it to his street, the same street he had seen day in, day out for well over 10 years – he suddenly regretted turning Frank’s invitation down.
♠ ♠ ♠
=] Thanks for reading, feedback would be appreciated. <3