Mirror, Mirror on the Wall; Who's the Fattest of Them All?

Laughter to Make Me Happy

Sitting in my room all alone, I thought about my plan. Would this work out right, without any interruptions or distractions? I tried not to think about my family and how they'd react to my decision. It was my choice, after all. No one could stop me because it was my life and my choice and only I could stop myself if I really didn't want to go. And I was sure that I really did want to go. It would be better there than here, right? I mean, half the world goes there at some point in their life (or death, really), so why not me, too?

As I was writing out my demise, a knock came from my bedroom door. I scrambled to shove the notebook under my bed as I told whoever it was that it was alright to come in. Luckily, the notebook and pen were out of sight when the door opened slowly to reveal Shane standing in the doorway sheepishly. I smiled at him as he walked over to me, bending down to kiss me before sitting on the wood floor next to me. He smiled as he grabbed my hand and kissed it. I giggled and raised my eyebrow at him. Why was he acting so... odd?

"Hey, Jimmy-Babe?" he asked softly.

"Hmmm?" I really didn't feel like forming actual words. I am a lazy fuck.

"You're birthday's coming up, Honey."

Was is August already? The summer just seemed to slip away from me. "Is it?" My eyebrows burrow, thinking of just when my birthday was.

Shane nodded his head, his dark hair falling into his eyes with the movement. I brushed it aside for him. "What do you want to do, Jimmy-Babe?"

I shrugged. I didn't even know that my birthday was so close, let alone what the hell I wanted to do. "I don't know, Shane..." I picked at the hem of my tee shirt. Would he understand my decision? As I thought about it, I knew he wouldn't. No one probably would.

"What's the matter?" He brought his hand to my face, holding it and pulling it up to face him. His eyes darted between both of mine. I don't know what he was looking for, but I hope he didn't see my plan. I hope that he didn't even suspect it, because that would ruin the whole thing.

"Nothing..." I tried.

"Oh, come on! It's obviously something..." He tried to get me to tell. Oh, I wasn't going to give in that easily. It would be harder than just pleading.

I shook my head. "It's nothing. I'm just feeling odd today."

"Jimmithy," Shane sternly said, his head tilting downward as he looked at me. "The truth?" I shook my head harder, looking down into my lap. "Do I have to tickle the answer out of you?" I giggled at the childish idea, looking up at him to see his hands up, his fingers wiggling back and forth. "You know I'll do it!"

"No," I smiled.

"Fine then, have it your way!" He laughed, suddenly lurching his body at mine ad his hands shooting to my sides as he lightly tickled me. I squirmed underneath him, attempting to get away from his fingers that waged war on my body. I laughed hard, my body convulsing with the sound. I ached quickly, as the laughter ran through my body from Shane. He laughed, too. He was straddling my waist, holding me to the floor effectively as he continued to tickle the hell out of me.

"Stop!" I gasped through the laughter, trying to wither away from his fingers. "Stop Shane!"

He didn't stop, but moved from my side to my arms, attempting to tickle that stop right above my elbow. He found it quickly and had me laughing harder than before, "Stop stop stop!"

Shane did stop this time, only to lean down and kiss me.