All or Nothing

It Could've Been Worse

He was about 6 feet tall and totally foreign looking. I mean, hell, that had to have been what attracted Bam to him. That or the fact that he looked completely lost. It wasn’t a big campus; Bam just knew it like the back of his hand because he’d skated on every part that wasn’t supposed to be skated on.

It wasn’t like 6 feet was really that tall, but for Bam, who himself was around 5 feet 3 inches, anyone was tall.

Bam wondered if he should go up to the kid, but he wasn’t sure if the kid spoke English anyway. Fuck it, who really cared?

“Hey, I’m Bam Margera. You new?”

The kid slowly turned around and looked Bam up and down. “You’d have to be a regular Einstein to figure that one out. What kind of name is Bam anyway?”

It took Bam a minute to realize the kid was being sarcastic. “It’s a nickname. My name’s Brandon but no one calls me that. What’s your name, anyway?”

The kid smiled. “My name is Ville Valo, not like you really care anyway.”

Bam grinned. “That’s an awesome name. Where are you from? Like, Germany or something?”

Ville sighed. He was getting annoyed with this Bam kid. “I’m from Finland. Was there some purpose to you annoying me at this ungodly hour?”

Bam shrugged. “You looked lost. Need help?”

“No. I think I may just survive.”

Bam watched as Ville walked into the school and down the hallway. He figured that wasn’t the last he was going to see of the foreign kid.