Trust

A friendly phone call.

Lyn-z laid on her bed, holding her pillow, sobbing softly. It was about 6:30 p.m. Just then her cell phone rang. She quickly dried her falling tears. She picked it up "Hello?" she began. "Hello sweetheart." It was her boyfriend, Justin. "Oh Justin!" she exclaimed. "So how was your first day of school?" he asked. "Terrible. I tripped during class, and was made fun of." she reported. "It's okay babe. Things will get better." he comforted. "But I miss you. Things aren't the same." she said. Then she heard a tired sigh on the other end of the phone. "Sorry, I didn't mean to bore you... How's the band?" she asked. Justin's in a band called Fallen Angels. He plays lead guitarist and backup singer. "The band's fine. Everyone say's hi. Tess misses you. She was practically a zombie without you there." Tessa was her best friend. There was silence on the phone. "So, what are you doing this weekend?" he asked Lyn-z. "Nothing. Why?" she replied. "I wanted to see you, thats why. Is that such a crime?" he snapped. Lyn-z shook her head, Justin's always pissed off. "I never said that. I just wanted to know." she said back. Just then there was a knock on her door. "Lyn-z, it's time for dinner." It was her mother. "I'll call you back Justin, I have to eat dinner." she said. "Okay. But if I don't answer, it's because the band and I have practice tonight, okay?" he explained. "Okay. I love you." she said. "I love you too." he replied. She hung up the phone, placed it in her pocket, and went downstairs.