Trust

Back to school.

It was a fine morning. Fairly cold, and there was a slight breeze blowing through the trees. The smell of pine was in the air. The sun hid behind a cloud, like a scared child ducking behind the skirt of it's mother. People walking down the street were bundled up, and the people in their cars had the heaters on full blast. Lyn-z walked towards the car, got into the passenger seat, and continued her way to school. When they finnaly arrived, Lyn-z could see Raven waiting by the parking lot, waiting for her. Lyn-z could see that Raven was wearing a scarf, a purple and black checkered one at that. Lyn-z approached Raven, and the two began to walk towards patio. They exchanged greetings toward one another, and remained silent. Just then, the bell rang, time for class. They walked to their lockers. Took and replaced books into them. As Raven and Lyn-z walked into homeroom, they noticed that Jared was not there. Raven looked at Lyn-z and said "Hey, I guess your boyfriend didn't show up today." with a sly smirk on her face. "Whatever" was the reply Lyn-z gave.

The remainder od the school day went on without interruptions. Though at times, Lyn-z would catch herself glancing at the empty seat where Jared was placed. At the end of the day, the girls exchanged phone numbers. Lyn-z couldn't help but feel a little disheartened due to the fact that Jared had not shown up for school today. 'Could it be that I have a crush on this guy?' she wondered. While waiting for one anothers transportation to arrive, the two got a kick out of a skateboarder who tried to jump down the stairs, but instead landed flat on his back. When Lyn-z's ride arrived, the two hugged, then departed.