The Rescue

Organizing and Preparing

Billie let out a sigh of relief before silently closing the door. Joey was still there. He assumed Jakob was also still in his room.

Since it was too early to wake his sons up or call Mike and Tré, he went about taking a shower and getting changed.

By the time he was done, Joey and Jakob were already awake. He walked into the kitchen and found them eating Cocoa Puffs, as though nothing out of the ordinary had happened.

Billie hesitated. He wasn't sure how to tell them that their mom was missing. "Um, you guys," he said slowly, trying to pick the right words, "Your mom isn't here right now."

"We know that dad," Joey said, looking up from his cereal, "She died three years ago."

"Wha-?" Billie was taken aback, "It's still the year 2006, right?"

Joey gave him a weird look. "Yeah... "

"Oh, yeah, um... " Billie tried to think of what to say, "You're going to have to stay with grandma for a little while. I have something I need to do."

"Why, daddy?" Jakob asked.

"I have to go out of town. I'm not sure when I'll be back."

Joey and Jakob looked at him with sad eyes. He always hated having to leave them when he went on tour and now was no different. But he knew he couldn't bring them. He couldn't risk their lives.

"I promise I'll come back as soon as possible," Billie said, hoping to cheer them up a bit.

Joey just stirred his cereal sullenly. Jakob looked at him with puppy dog eyes.

"I'm gonna bring a surprise back with me."

The two boys seemed to perk up a bit.

"What kind of surprise?" Jakob asked curiously.

"A surprise that I know you'll love," Billie told them. 'That is if I ever come back,' he though to himself.

After having said that, he called his mom who agreed to watch the boys until he came back. Then he called Mike.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Mike. I have something I want to ask you. But first, do you trust me?"

"What?"

Billie sighed. "Do you trust me?"

"Yeah... "

Billie glanced around and noticed that Joey and Jakob were staring at him. He left the kitchen and went into his music room that had all his guitars, including Blue, in it. Sitting down in a lounge chair, he continued the conversation, "Okay, you know Adie?"

"Yeah," Mike said, sounding surprised.

"She died three years ago, right?"

"Yeah... "

"Well she didn't."

"What?"

"She was kidnapped."

"What do you mean? She's been dead for three years."

"No, she was kidnapped last night. I've been having nightmares recently and now one of them has come true so they might all be true."

"Okay, let's say for a minute that I believe you. Who kidnapped her and where is she? And how come everyone thinks she's been dead for three years?"

"This may sound crazy, but she's been taken to another world."

"Is Tré putting you up to this? Is this some kind of prank?"

"I wish... " Look can you just come over to my house tonight? It'll all make sense afterwards."

Mike sighed. "I guess... " he said uncertainly.

"Come by around 10:30, okay?"

"Okay."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Billie ended the call and then dialed Tré's number.

"Yellow?"

"Um, Tré you know I wouldn't lie to you, right?"

"What about the time you said that dog was a girl... "

"Okay, so I lied to you a few times, but you know I was just having a little fun, getting even with you."

"Yeah... "

"Well I swear I'm not lying about this."

"Alrighty then. What is it?"

Billie then had a conversation similar to the one he had had with Mike with Tré. Tré had also agreed to come over tonight.

Billie turned off the phone and tossed it onto the chair next to him. He tiredly rested his head back and stared at the ceiling. Suddenly an image flashed before his eyes. It was from his nightmares. Darkness. Eternal darkness. He shuddered. The Evil was waiting for him.