The Rescue

Someody Likes Billie...

After eating, they went to a building that was larger than most of the others. It gave off the scent of...horses? A whinny confirmed their thoughts. There was another as Glayn pushed open the doors. Tré jumped back since it was so loud and close.

It was actually a pony, a gray Highland pony to be exact, that had whinnied. It poked its head out toward the strangers, particularly Tré.

"That's Buttercups," Michael said, introducing the three strangers. Buttercup shook his head. "And Buttercups is a he. Kara named him...so don't think I had anything to do with it."

"Kara? Who's Kara?" Mike asked.

"You'll see soon, probably, and you won't want to see her for awhile afterwards," Michael replied, shaking his head. "Anyways, Tré, you'll be riding Buttercups."

Tré's eyes widened. "But he's just a pony!" he whined.

"So, you won't need a charger like Mike and Billie," Michael pointed out.

"But-but..." Tré started to complain. Then Arlen put a hand on his shoulder, and he was quiet.

"Buttercups is a good pony once you get to know him," she told him. That being said, she went into the stall and brought Buttercups out by the reins. Then she handed them to Tré. "Make sure he doesn't get away."

Tré didn't see how Buttercups could possibly get away. He was so short and...cute. Plus Tré didn't know how the pony could see with his mane in his eyes. The pony only reached up to about his chest.

"Are you sure it's going to hold Tré?" Billie asked.

"Hey! Are you implying that I'm fat?" Tré cried out indignantly.

"No, I'm implying that Buttercups is small."

Without warning, Buttercups kicked Billie in the leg.

"Ow! What the heck?! Oh God, ow!" he shouted, clutching his leg. He leaned against the wall, cursing Buttercups.

"He doesn't like snipes about his height, and you're not so tall yourself, either," a female voice came from behind them. They all turned and saw the source: a woman who had silky black hair and chocolate brown eyes. Her skin was tan, and she was tale. She was hot. Even Billie had to admit that she was hot. Her beauty was an exotic beauty, and it drew attention to her like bees to honey.

But he didn't like her, at least not that way. She was just hot, and that was an acknowledged fact. All his love belonged to Adie, and only Adie. Kara was just another pretty face he had no feelings for. The thing is, it wasn't the same for her.

"I'll give you one thing, though, you are even cuter in person," she said, walking towards them.

Billie forgot his pain and started feeling uncomfortable.

"Kara, can you please leave?" Glayn asked politely. "We are giving them their mounts, and then we're going to teach them how to ride them."

"Ah, come on," Kara pleaded in an innocent voice. "I promise I won't get in the way. Besides, the scenery is pretty nice." She said this looking right at Billie. She winked at him.

Billie felt anger rising up within him. "Stop flirting with me! I'm married!" He stood up straight and shot her a venomous glare. He barely dodged another kick Buttercups aimed at him, this time going more towards the right.

"So? Your wife is in the clutches of the Evil. Why don't you just forget about her? After all, you wouldn't come back," Kara said, trying to seduce him. "You could just stay here with me. I mean, someone else can deal with everything. You can get out of it still."

Billie couldn't believe that this woman whom he had just met had the nerve to tell him to forget about his wife and get with her. Mike grabbed his collar just in time as Billie lunged at Kara, not being able to take it any longer. He let out a strangled, choking sound and was jerked back.

"Kara, leave," Michael said sternly, choosing not to conceal his obvious resentment for her.

"Fine," Kara gave in. She gave on last look at everyone, lingering slightly longer on Billie. "You'll come around." With that, she left, leaving behind the tense atmosphere she had created.