What Hurts The Most

Chapter 4

"Sophia," My mother said knocking on my door.

"Yeah?" I said from my desk.
"Umm...come here," she said closing the door and sitting down on my bed. I turned and she looked upset.

"Mom, What's wrong?" I asked getting up and walking over to her.

"I don't know how to put it, so I am just going to come out and say it," she said looking at me.
"Zacky was in a car crash. His car went off the side of the road and flipped," she said reaching for my hands.
"Honey...He didn't make it," She said.
I sat there in shock. Just looking at her.

"No. Dad set you up to this. Zacky is fine! I just saw him!" I said loudly.
"Honey, Your father didn't set up anything, Zacky's mother called me. He was gone by the time the paramedics got there," she said. I ripped my hands out of hers and got up.

"No, no, no, no, no" I repeated walking over to my dresser. I sat down on the floor and opened up the bottom drawer where Zacky's clothes were. I pulled out his Misfits shirt and held it close to me. I smelled his sweet sent that was still on the shirt. I heard the door open and close, I turned and saw my father standing there with his head down.

"You. It's your fault! It's your fault he is dead!" I yelled getting up and walking over to him.
"You made him leave!" I said hitting his chest. He just stood there taking it. He knew I was right and he let me take his anger out on him. I broke down crying and fell to the floor.

I lost the love of my life. The reason I woke up in the mornings, the person that always believed in me. He was there for me through my toughest times. He never left my side, no matter how many fights we got in, we always came back to each other because we both knew we cant live with out each other.

...What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say...