Nom De Plume

Acton Bell

“Cas, if you don’t move your ass you’re going to be late.” Sean pounded on the New York City hotel bathroom door, attempting to coax her best friend out.
“Okay, okay…I’m almost ready.” There was a snap and the door gradually creaked its way open, “Well, how do I look? Good enough to catch his attention?”
Casey is a standard girl averaging around five six, only with ludicrous curves compared to the thin body they rolled off of. She was wearing a floor length stunning black silk gown. Sliding over nicely around her hips and finishing loosely to the ground, the fitted embroidered neck line plunged to her navel leading to a tied halter and the base of her neck. The dress extenuated every part of her essence from the curves to her soft winter white skin to her vicious dark brown hair that lay around her shoulders hinted with large subtle curls near the bottom. Her rare green eyes screamed through the Smokey shadow, her full lips dressed in a glossy finish, and her cheeks flushed with excitement. She looked famous, like she belonged on a red carpet, as if she was made for someone to be taking her picture and hanging it on their wall to envy. She was perfect. And at the age of 17 she could have the world crumbling in her fist, but she chose to dream and take her chances.
“You…you” Sean inhaled, nearly taken off her feet by her friends magnificence, “You look Sexy, damn girl you look good enough to catch all of New York’s attention never mind just one guys,” the hotel room was bright and illuminated with the sheer excitement that emanated from both the girls.
“Man, it sucks that you can’t come with me,” guilty Casey looks at the tile floor beneath her feet.
“Don’t sweat it, you just go and have a good time. I’m going to clubbing tonight anyway and I your when you do…or don’t come back” they both giggled and ogled at the thought of Casey mixing with the biggest names in Hollywood. “Walk me to the lobby? The car should be here any minute,” Casey pleaded. She had worked for months to be able to pull off this over night city stay. Both Casey and Sean lived on Long Island away from all the glamour and trite of the city. She had gotten the ticket from a friend she made while spending a summer in California working for a magazine, mostly paper pushing and getting coffee but it got her the ticket to the hottest event in New York City tonight, the Premier of Twilight…and the exclusive after party. Tonight she could be whoever she wanted to be.
Once in the classic black town car with dark tinted back windows and an elegantly dressed driver she began to get nervous. What if they didn’t like her? What if they wouldn’t let her in or no one spoke to her?
Pushing all thoughts of failure out of mind she sat up straight and prepared herself mentally for what was sure to be a night she would never forget. She fidgeted slightly in her dress, catching the driver’s eye in the rear view mirror. “Your first event is it miss?” his voice was gentle, grandfatherly, and knowledgeable. “Is it that easy to tell?” Casey shied away from his view embarrassed. “Yes, you still have the lively essence of innocents about you, hold on to it. Where you’re going it just might be your only advantage. But never let them know you have it. Act like this is an everyday thing to you, like it doesn’t matter in the slightest and you will have them eating out of that dainty little palm of yours.” He smiled and nodded his head as the car came to a stop. “You will be breath taking,” Were the last words the grandfatherly man said to her before he exited the car and walked to open her door.
The flashing lights hit like title wave, crashing against her skin with force that nearly threw her body back into the car. But the kind mans words played again in her head, “like it doesn’t matter in the slightest,” a powerful smug of a smile stretched across her face as she took her first step, in the right direction, on the red carpet. No one knew who she was, but everyone wanted to know. The way she carried herself, with such dignity and pose caught every man’s attention, the one they could never have. She stopped and posed for a group of photographers, one hand on her hip and her face mysterious. The second they began to ask her name she smiled, gave a wave, and made her way inside, her identity was not going to spoil this night for her.
She had never been inside this theater, everything was so grand, done in an olden day play theater theme. Rich colors of red and gold swept everything from the uniforms of the men at the candy counter to the grand columns in the lobby. Famous people that she saw on ET and in magazines were gathered around the main lobby socializing with cocktails. She filtered through the crowds looking for a safe place to catch her breath when she ran into him.
“Oh, damn I’m really sorry. I didn’t see you there,” a man had ran right into her, would have taken her right off her feet if he hadn’t caught her quickly. She looked at his face to see who the long slender body belonged to and found herself gazing into the eyes of Robert Pattinson, he was just as devastatingly beautiful in person. But oddly enough she didn’t find him attractive just awkward and cute. “It’s alright, no blood no foul. I’m Casey” she stuck out her hand for a hand shake. Robert looked at her skeptically and returned the gesture. “And you are…?” she pressed, he looked confused as if it was obvious, “it’s awfully rude not to introduce yourself” she joked with him, her eyes bursting with amusement.
“You are correct, I’m terribly sorry for my ignorance, I’m Rob,” his voice was just has smooth and concrete as the rest of him.
‘’Nice to meet you,” Casey, still smiling at the deep confusion that colored Robert’s face was finding it difficult to keep a straight face.
“Tell me, are you press?” he questioned, trying to figure out where this strange women had come from. He was certain he had never seen her before, Surely he would remember such a striking face an obscene personality. He was surprised as she chuckled at his remark.
“No I am not.” Was all she spoke before turning to walk away.
“Wait, Casey right?” she nodded “Come on, there are some people I want you to meet,” he offered his arm and she skeptically accepted, wary as to his intentions.
He walked her over to a back corner where the rest of the cast were gathered in a circle of sorts, jubilant and anxious to see the audience’s reaction to their months of hard work. As Robert and Casey approached the conversation lessened. Jackson Rathbone who had been speaking, was now mesmerized by the picturesque, captivating creature that was making its way toward him, and the only sounds that were leaving his mouth were incomprehensible murmurs.
“Guys, this is Casey. I found her wondering around by herself. Casey, this is Kristen, Ashley, Jackson, Nikkie, Kellan, Peter, Mike, Justin, and Christian.” As he went around they all nodded and said their hellos. In no time Casey was swept into their conversation of music. She found that she, Jackson and Ashley shared very similar tastes for punk rock, and alternative. Casey later found herself wedged next to Jackson, having their own conversation separate from the groups. Before either of them wanted there was a call for everyone to find their seats.
“Well I better go find my seat before they turn off the lights and it becomes impossible,” she half smiled not wanting to stop talking with him. He was funny and sweet, with great taste in music, the same goals to live in London for at least a year; not to mention the obvious, the man was gorgeous.
Jackson was unwilling to leave Casey’s side either; he hadn’t found someone that he enjoyed talking with this much in years. She caught his attention and sustained it. She wasn’t just stunningly sexy and attractive, she was smart and ambitious. He was afraid to he wouldn’t get the opportunity to see her againif he let her walk away now; he was certain she had never crossed his path before. “Here let me walk you,” he offered his tuxedoed arm and she took it, willingly letting him lead her to her chair.