Tedious.

"Carry me?"

Ryan snuggled in close to Gabe, yawning and letting his eyes flutter shut. He looked so small and delicate tucked in next to the older boy. Gabe's arm snaked around Ryan's shoulders and remained there while he finished watching the movie.

"Babe." he whispered.

Ryan stirred, but didn't open his eyes or move his lips.

"Babe." Gabe whispered again, louder this time.

Ryan's brown eyes slowly opened. "Hmmm?" he asked. "Wha'?"

"Time for bed, babe." Gabe murmured.

Ryan made a small noise in the back of his throat. "Too tired." He stuck out his bottom lip. "Carry me?"

Gabe laughed, but scooped Ryan up as if the younger boy were a rag doll. Ryan giggled and gave a small gasp, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's neck. "Don't drop me."

"I won't." Gabe promised. He walked through the condo to Ryan's bedroom, laying the younger boy down on top of the sheets. "You're so beautiful, Ry."

"It's too late for sex." Ryan whined, giving a small laugh.

Gabe smiled, brushing Ryan's hair out of his eyes. "You're so cute when you're tired." He knelt on the foot of the bed, tugging off Ryan's shoes and socks, then his jeans. By the time he had stripped down to his own boxers, the younger boy was sleeping again.

Gabe's lips brushed Ryan's cheek as he crawled into bed beside his boyfriend. "I love you, Ryan Ross."

Then he laid back, staring up at the ceiling, no real thoughts in his mind. When you're consumed by an emotion, thought isn't necessary.

It's tedious.

Gabe was never one for tedious.