Golden Games

Hello and Goodbye

As she skipped into the room, Andrew remained silent and stared right through her. The optimistic girl walked right up to him, brushed away the excess hair from his face, and kissed him passionately. His face became vivid with expressions of love and joy.

"I love you so much, Yamari," Andrew said romantically in broken English.


I woke up to the alarm ringing in my ears. I groaned with remorse that it was only a dream. I sat up in my child-like bunk bed, and jumped out of it into the sea of clothes and junk I had on my floor. To the bathroom, kitchen, back to my messy room, and off to school I went, It was such fun being a Freshman in high school. Fun, Fun, Fun...

* * *

Faster and faster I went as I peddled on my bicycle. Racing to my friend's house was always a thrill. I finally arrived to see that all of them weren't home or had already left for summer vacation. For some odd reason, I felt alone. I rode back home emotionless and without any companions. I then hiked up to my computer room where I got online and did close to nothing until dinner.

"Yamari, dinner's ready!" my mother called.

I ate my tacos slower than usual thinking of how, when I moved to my friend's country of Japan, everything would change. No more tacos. No more biking to my friend's house that was only a block away. And no more English! I can speak Japanese, but English is my favorite language. Well, that sucks! After a few more minutes of freaking out, I decided I was totally overreacting.

The first thing I did after I ate was run back upstairs to find my phone. I spent the next hour calling every enemy I had made over the last decade and a half and patching things up with them. My father had always told me to leave a good name for myself.

One good thing about school is that it comes to an end for summer. My high school only has one more day so the teachers weren't giving any work at all, so I had all the time in the world at night. I didn't need to get much sleep anyway since they just let us watch movies and wander.

* * *

My bus was brutally late to school. I hurried, trying to get to my first hour band class. I could almost smell the sheet music and instruments when I was rudely bumped into. My flute, folders, and pencils went flying through the air. The culprit also went flying. He landed a few feet away from me. The moment I saw him I knew he was important, yet I had never seen the likes of him before. I was taken aback by his contrasting features.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Ms. Lewis."

"How do you know my name when I don't even know you?" I asked bluntly.

"I am Dr. Livingston, and I have my ways."

"You look a little young to be a doctor," I said while sorting thought the jumbled pile of belongings.

"I was sent to escort you to the airport this morning. I was a good friend of both your father, may he rest in peace, and Andrew's."

"Wait, I though I was flying there next week!"

"Well, that may have been the case before , but some things have come up and the date had to be today. I'm going to take a wild guess that you're not packed."

"Yeah...are you supposed to be my babysitter for the trip or what? I'm a young adult and don't need someone to watch over me on a stupid plane ride!" I exclaimed as I picked up my things and stormed into the band room with just enough time to sit down before the bell rang.

The entire hour my mind was overloaded with questions. Why do I need a babysitter? Why were those cheap looking shoes so expensive at the mall the other day? Why is Nick so hot yet so dumb? Who really is that guy I bumped into? Where did I put my gold necklace? Why didn't my mother tell me the day was today? And what things had come up that the flight had to be earlier?

My time was up; class was over. I tip-toed quietly out into the hallway. When I thought I was all clear, Dr. What's-his-face popped up in front of me with a mountain of my luggage. He smiled quaintly and handed me all of the things I had in my locker. I didn't notice until the luggage disappeared that I had more than just one babysitter.

I rushed to find all of my friends and say goodbye. Meredith was standing next to Gretchen near the water fountain. I hugged them both and rushed off to do the same to almost every person I saw. I think I even hugged my pedophile, science teacher.

Tired and sad, I headed for the parking lot where a big, white limo was waiting. I hopped in ambiguous yet excited. I was going to live in Japan with Andrew! I had no idea then what adventures, romances, and dangers awaited me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter may seem boring or not what you expected, but I promise the next chapters will explain the genres and be much better.
Enjoy!