Golden Games

Change of Scene

A white limo that looked awfully similar to the one I rode in pulled up to our dismantled tax. And the last person i expected to be the bad guy stepped out!

Dr.What's-his-face stepped out with malevolence all over his face. He shoved Andrew back into the taxi and abandoned the driver.

He stepped on the gas petal for a while before saying,"I'm so lucky to have both of you brats in my midst. Let me see- 1 million for the girl, ah, and the boy would make a good laborer-that's at least another thousand!"

Andrew looked at me expecting me to say or do something.

"Um, hey, where are we going?"

"Shut up, girl!" he shouted as he back handed me across the face.

Andrew then stretched into the front seat and began to kick some major, bad guy butt while I sat there dumbfounded and livid. The two men fighting had caused the car to swerve uneasily. I, trying to be helpful, squeezed into the front seat, too, and slammed on the breaks. The sudden stop had made Dr. What's-his-face crash into the dashboard where he was rendered unconscious. Score one point for me! I pulled out my cell phone that had landed on the floor and called the police or keisatsu in Japanese.

*
*
*

"Nice thinking stomping on the brakes like that."

"Yeah, I know. So does this mean this is all over?"

Andrew laughed laying his arm across my shoulder.

"No way! There are much more out there ready to kill you. You're finally famous...don't worry! I'll be your body guard. Remember that promise i made you a couple of years ago?"

"I don't know! Why don't you re-jog my memory?"

"I promised you that I would always be there to keep you safe and warm."

I nearly fainted right there. Andrew's charm and class was suffocating me!

"You look ill. Do you need me to carry you, Yamari?"

"No, no, it's okay. I'm fine."

I let my knees buckle under me. Surprisingly, he caught me and carried me bridal-style back to the police car that would take us safely to Tahara.

*
*
*

I was halfway out of the car when i was bombarded with news reporters. They are such annoying little pests! I pushed past them into the building i was assigned to.

"Hello, Yamari. This shall be the dormitory you and your friend shall be staying in. Your first class starts in 15 minutes. It's Advanced Physics in room 156. I hope you enjoy it here," said a small girl.

Once heard I only had 15 minutes, I unpacked my supplies and hurried off to my first class.

*
*
*

I was driving back o Toyohashi with Andrew in a Beetle. It was neon green, and I loved it! I wasn't supposed to be driving but oh, well...

The five days I had been in the program had been very educational but lacking in fun. I was hoping for a little bit more excitement.

Finally, we were in Toyohashi inching closer to a wild party Tadao had invited us to. Andrew and I entered the party very smoothly. I went immediately to the dance floor while Andrew sought out the food. Teenage boys are all the same when it comes to food.

I danced around having some fun, yet something felt really odd. It was a spooky feeling.
The door to Tadao's house opened wide and in came two men dressed in all black. They were huge and furtive. Before I knew it they were around me tying me up and pulling me towards the door. I tried to yell for help, but no one could hear over the pumped up music.
The smaller of the two men covered my mouth with a cloth. Everything went black as I slipped out of consciousness.

*
*
*

I woke up in a hut in a desert. I knew it was a desert because it was hot, dry, and i could see sand...lots of sand.
'
I looked around trying to understand the situation to see Andrew slumped next to me. He was awake and explained through his eyes before his mouth. His eyes held the sadness and the struggle he had put up for me. He instead got taken with, too.

"Yamari, I think we're in Africa."

"Me,too. Somewhere near the Sahara I reckon'."

"Maybe we should try to escape."

"No! If we do manage to escape this place where would we go? We would die either from them catching us or the scorching, desert sun."

"Good point. Well, what should we do?"

"I don't know, but I'll think I can come up with a plan."

A different man came into the room carrying a tray of food. He set the tray in between us and then uncuffed us. We both gorged and tried to trick him.

"So, guard dude, why are we here?" I asked.

"I am not allowed to talk to you two. That's against the rules."

I stood up flaunting the somewhat pretty parts of my body.

"But I don't see how a dumb, little, Asian boy and a sweet, little girl like me could be bad. I just want to know a few simple things."

Now I was an inch from sitting in his lap. I could see his barrier breaking under my whole act.

"Okay, miss, I'll tell you. Our leader, Mr.Zambere, wants to ransom you or sell you off as a slave of some sort. As for the boy, he'll probably be sold, too. I gave you what you wanted. Now will you give me what i want?"

The scumbag put his hand on my behind and squeezed;Andrew had lifted the metal try during the conversation and angrily slammed it into the guys skull.

I briskly got off of his la and searched him for keys. The idiot had labeled the keys, so there was no more searching. We burst out of the shack and out into broad daylight.
We saw a Jeep waiting for our guard and hijacked it. I was completely puzzled about why this was so easy. We then drove to the nearest city where I saw a familiar face.

"Bridget! How have you been?"

"Oh goodness! Yamari Lewis! I've been cheery! What have you been up to?"

"Well, lots of trouble to say the least. I actually need a favor. A very large favor."

"Shoot,"said the European.

"I need money. Enough to buy two plane tickets," I explained.

"Where to?"

"Either Toyohashi, Japan, or Rockford, Illinois." Andrew responded for me.

"I can do that. That's not very much! Not very much at all!"

With that Bridget, an elderly friend of mine, handed over two lumps of cold, hard cash. I was shocked and ever so grateful. I hugged her goodbye and launched the Jeep to the nearest airport. Andrew had chosen to fly to Rockford because that's where the "bad guys" won't blend in. He thinks so, but I don't know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't hate it, me, or anything for that matter. Enjoy!