Golden Games

Great Friends And A Not-So-Great Enemy

The long plane ride had ended, and we boarded off. In no time we were off 60 miles per hour back to Rockford. I called my mother before hand to tell her we were coming. I decided not to include the dangerous stuff until later. I just hope she doesn't watch the Japanese news...

Andrew was asleep in the passenger seat. He looked so adorable when he was dreaming. His gentle face was starting to clash with his broad chest and shoulders. He was also getting to be taller. I guess he's about 6 feet now, which is about the average Japanese male height of 5 feet 7 inches. I've also changed by being more lady like. I'm now wearing skirts. I used to hate skirts with a burning passion! The sudden change is may be because of Andrew. I think I'm truly falling for him. I may even love him. I still hold strong to the saying love is falling for him but trusting him to catch you. And, boy, do I trust him.

I came out of my day dream to see the taxi making making it's way into my driveway. My mom was standing in the front door. As soon as I got out of the car, she ran out to shower me and Andrew with hugs and kisses.

"My babies!"she yelled as I entered the house.

Surprisingly, my older brothers, Yasive, Derick, and Elijah, were there in the living room ready to greet me. I heard my sister before I even saw her.

"Yamari! Your finally here! Is that Andrew? He's huge!"

Yasive and I were the only kids that actually lived here. My sister moved out three years ago and got married. She also announced a little over a month ago right before I left that she was prego.(the tasty flavor of motherhood)The twins, Derick and Elijah, went to play basketball and are now living near the college. Yasive is a homebody;he likes living here. And I'm just too young to move out completely or so says my mother.

"So, Pooka, why are these freaks chasing you?" my older sister, Karli, asked using my embarrassing nickname.

"Well, they say it's because Dad owed money and lots of power to these guys. Most of them are probably gang members and criminals."

Andrew nodded warily in the corner. He was drained, so I urged him upstairs where he could rest. He chose to sleep on the floor of my bedroom. That's not weird at all! He seemed more comfortable on the floor, so I left him alone.

"Honey, you're looking a little tired, too. Why don't you go to your room and get some sleep?" my mom suggested.

I agreed reluctantly and headed to my room. With Andrew spread out, there was no room to move. I plopped into bed and almost instantly fell asleep.

*
*
*

When I awoke, I realized that Andrew had left. I raced downstairs in a panic to hunt him down. I looked everywhere worried that he had been taken or hurt by those bad guys. I ran into my mother in the kitchen. I questioned her, and she sent me to the driveway where I saw my brothers playing basketball with Andrew. I released a sigh of relief and went to go freshen up.]

My life had changed drastically over the last month or so. If Andrew had snuck out of my room to play outside a month ago I wouldn't have freaked out looking for him, but now if he is out of my sight for more than 10 minutes I might as well send out an Amber Alert. I seem to always prepare for the worst now, too. All this because of a heavy debt.
Since it was summer and I'm safe at home, I had nothing to do. For a few days, all I did was watch T.V., eat, sleep, and practice proper hygiene. The daily habits for me were dwindling down to nothing. That's where my friends.

Gretchen and Meredith have been my best friends since 6th grade. Sumer, my other best friend, is focusing on her job and not talking to her hyper buddies. Gretchen, Meredith, and I are inseparable. We do almost everything together. Or at least, I do almost everything with one of them at a time. Those two aren't close friends but share me. I seem to always be in the middle. They both wanted to get me out of the house on the first Monday of July.

With no explanation, Gretchen wanted to take me movie hopping and Meredith wanted to take me to see a new comedy with her at the exact same theater at the exact same time. How bizarre!

I chose to, instead, invite them to a movie with me and Andrew. That way we're all happy, and I don't have to sneak around like a teenage dolt!

We went to the movies and had a splendid time together. I had never seen so many of my friends having a good time with me at once. They all rescued me out of my isolated funk.

*
*
*

During day two of mission: cram fun into Yamari, Andrew, Gretchen, and Meredith were gathered around me watching a movie. I had gotten a degree in socialism, and I chose to just relax and be personal with a few friends. We were almost done with the funny movies when the doorbell went off. I got off the love-seat where Andrew sat laughing to tears and strolled over to the door. I peeked through the window to the door's right and saw an unusual looking person.

The person, I guessed, was a young woman. She was probably my age or a little older. Her attire consisted of all white. Her trousers were sterling white and had lace at the hems. I couldn't see her shirt because it was hidden under a bleach white trench coat. Her skin was too pale. Even her hair was a long braid of white. The only colors on her body were her Emerald green eyes and a pendant that blazed of a deep purple. It hung like a purple tear drop close to her throat.

She rang the doorbell again. I could see the impatience growing within her. I opened the door hesitantly and let her in.

"Hello, my name is Elizabeth Richardson. I'm looking for a Yamari Lewis. Do you know where I could find her?"

"Uh...I'm Yamari Lewis. Hi, nice to meet you. What is it that you need, Elizabeth?" I asked inquisitively.

"I have some certain matters I need to discuss with you alone. Would you mind going on a light drive with me? It would be a great opportunity to converse."

"Oh, sure. Why not?" I replied dumbly.
I don't know why I did it, but i notified that i was going out and followed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ummm...no comment from me...other than Enjoy! and that title is...wow...i just can't think of one for this chapter...ooopss...