Go Ask Alice.

Go Ask Alice.

Rabbit holes. Upside down tunnels. The other side of the world where people walk on their heads.

“Or maybe they just think they’re walking on their heads.” Dru said. “I think the Doormouse is my favorite.”

“Only because of that song.” Ryan said, trying to tug the joint away from her.

She grabbed his wrist, her thumb pressing into the ink there. “And yours isn’t the Mad Hatter?”

“Well, at least we’re at the same fucked up tea party.” Ryan muttered. “I think the caterpillar is probably jealous of you right now.”

Dru rolled her eyes. “I bet that caterpillar has better shit.” She took a drag and laughed as she exhaled. “You’d think Bren would buy better weed than this.”

Ryan’s eyes widened. “You got that from Brendon?”

“Yeah. He always tokes up before Gabe fucks him.” She frowned. “Duh, Ry.”

“Brendon’s favorite are the bread&butter flies.” He laughed. “Only Brendon, huh?”

“The Mad Hatter and the bread&butter flies.” Dru finally handed Ryan the blunt and lit a cigarette, inhaling deeply.

“And the Doormouse?”

“The Doormouse gets too sleepy from all the fumes.”

“I don’t remember pot at the tea party.” Ryan said, holding his arms out and letting the girl snuggle beside him.

“Maybe it was pills.” She shrugged.

“You need to stop listening to that song.” He put the joint out and set it on the table. “No more Alice in Wonderland drugs for you.”

“Yeah, and no more Brendon’s cock up your ass.” Dru said, taking the joint and putting it in her pocket. “No one denied the caterpillar his fix.”

“You’re the Doormouse.” Ryan murmured.

“I said the Doormouse was my favorite. I’m not the Doormouse.”

“Then who are you?”

Dru sniffled, her eyes suddenly growing brighter. “I don’t think I’ve ever been to Wonderland.” she whispered.

Ryan kissed her cheek. “Baby, you are Wonderland.”