Two Hearts to Make a Maniac

Chapter Ten

I stood beneath the seething water indignantly. I did not stink. Lathering the soap into my hair, I frowned. I'm sure she would "stink" if she'd just been in an abandoned meat factory. I'd been on edge for some time. All the time I was out I hadn't gotten to do anything but stand by and watch. Next time I'm dragged out I'm killing someone. Don't care who, don't care when, I'm killing someone.

In a small amount of time I've become addicted to killing. Only three people, I've only killed three but I want to do so more. It's like being a kid in a candy shop. You get one piece then you just want more and more. I knew this wasn't the purpose the Joker reeled me into his little game. It was something bigger, he didn't do it to let my need for blood flourish, he did it for some reason to help himself. Didn't know what it was, but I'd find out sooner or later.

Turning off the water, I stepped from the shower and grabbed a towel, wrapping it securely around myself. I shivered from the cold and began to search for my clothes. They were no where to be found. Shirt, pants, jacket, undergarments, and my mask were gone. It didn't take a genius to realize Harley had taken my "stinky" clothes. I didn't care if I was walking through this house practically naked, I wanted my damn clothes.

Storming out of the bathroom I went straight for Harley's room. Her room, the room I woke up in the other day, and the living room were the only rooms I could navigate to. Sad but true. Standing in front of Harley's room I began to bang on it then opened it without consent.

"Harley I need my clo- OH MY GOD!" I screeched slamming the door shut and bolting far away from that room. I'd just seen something that would forever change my life: Harley and the Joker lip locked.

[[Third Person POV]]

Harley sat on her bed folding Rebecca's now clean clothing. She really did smell bad, like rotten meat. Even though she insisted that she smelled fine Harley had pushed her into the bathroom. As Rebecca bathed Harley had taken her clothes and washed them. Holding Rebecca's bask, Harley began to trace the bloody smile on the mask, scraping off some of the blood off.

Her door opened, making her head snap and her red and black locks to whip around. The Joker stood at her door smiling, closing it behind him. Harley stood up smiling at her loved one. Smirking Joker laid a hand on her cheek stroking it gently. Slipping his hand down to her neck, he pulled her roughly closer to him.

Leaning down to her, he placed his lips close to her ear. "Do you love me?" He whispered grinning and his eyes wild with excitement. Harley nodded, not able to speak from the closeness. "Good, I want you to promise something." He began clicking his tongue. "I want you to promise to protect our Little Leal. No matter what. She's got to be alive. Promise?"

"Why do-"

"Promise!" He roared cutting Harley off while shaking her.

"I promise." Harley swore calmly.

The Joker let go of her neck and traced a finger down her chin. He leaned closer to her lips, his breath blowing across her face. Harley froze beneath him, eager for their lips to meet. Her heart pumped loudly as he gently kissed her lips. For a moment she felt heaven against her lips. Sadly it didn't last long.

Banging started at the door before Rebecca walked in, towel clad. "Harley I need my clo- OH MY GOD!" Seeing the two kissing, she immediately slammed the door shut running away.

Leaning away from Harley, a grin placed on his lips, he walked past her and grabbed Rebecca's clothes. "Remember your promise." He told her then walked out. Maybe he did have plans.

[[Rebecca's POV]]

I continued to bang my head against the wall encouraging the scene of Harley and Joker playing tonsil hockey. I'd been doing this for about five minutes or so to afraid to go back and get my clothes. Still in a towel, not the best really.

"Aw, having fun without me?" A raspy voice called making me whip around holding my towel tightly. The Joker smirked closing the door behind him. First thing I noticed was that he had my clothes. I grimace knowing this probably wouldn't be too good.

"Uh, no. Can I have my clothes back?" I asked eyeing him carefully. Vulnerable was not something to be around the Joker. Smirking, he tossed my clothes onto the ground between us. "Thanks…" I grumbled inching towards them and bending down carefully making sure to hide all the skin I could. The Joker, still smiling mind you, walked over to the bed placed in the room and plopped down getting comfortable. I stood there calmly waiting for something to happen.

"Well?"

Well? WELL? What the hell does he want me to do? Give him a free show! I'm not some five dollar prostitute!

"Can you leave?" I asked, none to politely, motioning towards the closed door.

"Why?" He asked leaning against the head board. "This my room."

That would explain somethings. "Fine then I'll leave." Turning heel I walked towards the door ready to open it before it was slammed shut by a gloved hand. I looked behind me wide-eyed to see the Joker's grinning face. My mouth opened and closed several times before clenching shut.

"Why so serious?" He chuckled raising an eyebrow at me.

"Your too close, and I need to put on my clothes in private." I growled narrowing my eyes my anger rising.

"No."

Dumbstruck I let my jaw drop. "What do you mean "no"? I can't very well walk around this place half-naked. I need to put my clothes on!" I shouted angrily stomping my foot.

"Then do it." He said simply stepping away, his lips pursed and expectant.

I furrowed my brows and frowned. Did he? "You want me…to get dressed in here? With you here?" I asked pointing to the room. He nodded. "So…I'll be naked, in a room, with you. Um…ok…" I trailed off prying myself away from him and going to a corner of the room. This would be creepy to say the least but I knew I wasn't going to get out of it. As long as he wasn't right next to me I wouldn't freak out.

Dropping the towel I quickly grabbed my undergarments and slipped them on, immediately feeling more secure. Next, I pulled on my shirt and jeans, then zipped my jacket on. My mask was lying beneath the clothes so I put it on as well. Turning around I stared at the Joker, though not in the eyes. I felt embarrassed as I crossed my arms around myself. "Can I go?"

"Sure," He said casually, "if you want to."

I'd made my way to the door but as he said the last part I stopped. The first part of his sentence meant nothing but the second part held something in it. Glancing at him quickly I gave him a confused face before swiftly walking out. What was that suppose to mean? If you want to. Or course I'd want to leave! Why would he think I'd want to stick around with him? Sure I don't mind going places with him, but he's the Joker. Being in enclosed places with people always puts me on edge but more when I'm with him. It's because I've got no idea what he'll do. He could just talk or jump at me with a knife. His ever changing attitude made me nervous. But, truthfully, it doesn't worry me. It just makes me more indifferent to him. My psychotic, murderous, and fucking screwed up Boss. But Hell, I like it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo! Number Ten! This pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Nothing else really to say, so bye bye.

-Babylon