Two Hearts to Make a Maniac

Chapter Nineteen.

I strode proudly next to the Joker, my smile peaking out from my mask. Skeeter and Harley were already in the van, both in normal clothing and their faces showing, just like the Joker. Since I already wore normal clothing, I had not changed. Thankfully, the Joker had filled me in on what we were going to do.

"Now a couple of my little friends have captured a couple guards and we'll be borrowing their uniforms for the parade."

Yes, the parade. The one for former Commissioner Loeb, since he had sadly been assassinated. Yes, very sad indeed.

"Mayor Garcia will be making a speech and after the police academy students will be doing a little show after that. Me, Skeeter, and my other little friends will be filling in for the missing guards. So when the other little numbnuts are shooting towards they sky, we'll be shooting for Garcia." He explained ending with a vicious cackle. "Harley and you will be waiting in the get away car, got it?"

I nodded and turned my head towards the road, as I took out my gun and ran my fingers up and down it. There was feeling, building up inside me, that something bad was going to happen. Not the good bad, the bad bad. It felt like an ever appending doom, but I did not express it. I was going to tell anyone about the stupid feelings that were coming. I was probably just afraid the plan wouldn't work.

As we pulled into the heart of the city, I could see the beginnings of the parade. People in uniforms were starting to group together. The Joker pulled up in front of an apartment building and we all got out of the van. We followed the Joker, up the stairs, and through the walls until we came to a room. He opened it, without knocking, and strode in the rest of us following in heel. The apartment was empty except for eight men, a telescope, and a timer hooked up to a window. Five of the men were tied to a column, only wearing their underclothes and had duck tape on their mouths and eyes.

The Joker sauntered over to the tied up men and chuckled. "Thank you boys for being so generous." He chuckled then grabbed a uniform from one of the men. "Harley, when you here the gun shots and screaming start the car. Ebby, you kill anything that threatens you." I nodded then walked towards the door.

As Harley stalked out the door I looked back and saw the Joker giving me grin. "Good luck boss." I laughed giving him a wave then bounding after Harley.

While Harley and I walked down to the van, she did not speak to me. I still did not understand why she was being so cold. For the past couple days I haven't said one thing to her. I've been with the Joker-oh….

I remember now. On the first day I came I remember what she said 'Isn't he wonderful?'. When she said that I thought she was crazy. How she could love him baffled me to say the least. But now, I see. There is something about him that draws you in, and it drew me in and now I've got no reason to go back.

Harley leaned against the van, as I sat on the hood. We did not speak. Neither of us willing to break the silence. I was not upset that Harley was mad at me. Really, I could care less. I knew he wouldn't love her. He couldn't. She couldn't do shit to get me away from him. Even if she tried he'd still never love her.

"Leal!" Harley hissed. "People."

Lifting my head I scanned the area. When I saw the people, my heart nearly stopped. Three people, just three. A man and woman in their late forties and a man in his early twenties. I knew who they were, fucking God I knew who they were.

Jumping from the van, I walked towards them, almost dream like. They were talking animatedly about someone, then they stopped once they saw me. Their eyes held some confused emotion along with slight fear.

"Rebecca…" The woman whispered.

Slapping the mask onto the ground I glared at her. "What gives you the damn right to call me that?" I hissed

Ignoring what I said, she ran towards me wrapping in a hug. "Oh Rebecca we thought you were dead!" She cried.

Anger raged through me. I pushed her away roughly, making her loose balance and fall to the ground. "Rebecca! How dare you do that to your mother!" The man screamed.

Yes. These people were my family, if family is what you could call them that. I sure as hell didn't.

"Fuck you! She's not my mother and don't talk to me as if you’re my father! All of you showed long ago you didn't want me in your damned family! Why are you here?" I demanded, as the woman clambered away from me.

The young man, Keith, sighed crossing his arms. "You were always so overdramatic, Rebecca." He grunted looking at me distastefully.

"Oh shut up Keith! Why don't you go through what I have! Why don't you!" I screamed stomping my feet.

The man helped up his wife and glared at me. "Enlighten us, what have you been through?"

"You want to know, huh? Fine. I have been driven over the edge of sanity against my wishes! I've seen my best friend raped in front of my eyes as she calls my name to save her! I saw her dead body, bloody and my name written across her room, because I could not save her. I was thrown into some giant city and given to some crazy as man! I've been beaten within an inch of my life, and I've been raped!" I cried ripping at my hair. "But you know what? I met someone who changed everything for me. He drove me to insanity on my own wishes. He gave me chance to take the life that tried to take mine. He gave me a new way to look at life. He let me take part of all his great plans. And he took the life of the man who raped me." I laughed still managing to glare at the group. "And for him, I did this." I ripped of my mask, giving the full view of the scarred side of my face.

The woman gasped and held hand to her mouth. "Rebecca! What have you done!" She yelled.

"I've done what needed to be done. And don't call me that! You've got no right!" I hissed at them.

"We gave you that, we can use it as we please." The man grunted narrowing his eyes at me.

I shook my head, grinning. "No you can't. You've abused your parental controls over me, besides I'm legally an adult now, you have nothing over me. Now, why are you here!"

"The police were sure you were dead, the case was running cold fast, so we were called here to help." Keith answered, his voice not as cocky as before.

"Your not needed. Let the police think I'm dead, soon enough they'll wish I was." I grinned.

The fear in their eyes spread. I was happy they feared me, they should.

"Rebecca, what have you done?" The man snarled.

"Don't call me that!" I growled back. "And I've done what I've wanted! I've done what's made me happy! Everything you shits have done for me have only made me worse! I hate you!" I screamed.

Grabbing behind me, I took my gun and whipped around. The terrified looks in their eyes made it just the much better as I shot them. My shots were masked my the gun shots and screams of the citizens. After the last body dropped I turned to run to the van. Harley was already in there, smirking. She gave a wave then revved the van speeding off.

"Harley! Damn it Harley the Jokers going to kill you!" I screamed running after the van.

"Hold it! Put the gun down and get on your knees!" A voice screamed.

Turning around I saw several men in uniforms pointing guns at me. I shook my head and crouched onto the ground sliding the gun towards the police. They ran over to me and slapped cuffs on my wrists. I was hauled into a car and soon I was zooming towards the police station. I could only think of two things while I was coming to the station.

1. That the Joker wasn't already there when I came a

And 2. He kills Harley once he finds out she left me behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
This wont probably be as good as the last one, but you do get to meet Rebecca's family, well for a little bit. I might update again tonight but I'm not sure. To forworn everyone tomorrow I might only update once because I'll be spending the day with my Gran. Yep, I'm that cool. So, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

-Babylon