Two Hearts to Make a Maniac

Chapter Twenty

[[Third Person POV]]

Harvey Dent strode into the mourning police station. Each officer had glum faces. The loss of Jim Gordon was weighing heavily on them. Though Harvey felt the same, he had important things to do. One of them involving Rebecca Leal.

Right after the shooting at Commissioner Loeb's funeral parade, they found the young girl running after the van screaming: "Damn it Harley the Joker's going to kill you!". She was taken into custody right after that. As soon as Harvey heard this he came to the police station. He knew Rachel was in danger and he was hoping Rebecca would have answers.

Striding into the interrogation room, Harvey stopped halfway glancing back at the officer. The purple haired girl before him was indeed Rebecca Leal. She had changed drastically since he'd last seen her. Before she had red hair, dull eyes, and a smooth face. Now, her hair was purple, her eyes gleamed, and she had a scar like a continuation of her smile on her right side.

Rebecca was sitting at the table, her feet propped up on it, and her head lolled back. "You know I could really use some water. I've been in here for a couple hours." She groaned snapping her head up and glaring at him slightly.

"Can I get some water?" Harvey called through the one-way mirror. A couple seconds later a man came in and handed it to him. Harvey sat in the chair opposite Rebecca and handed her the water. She took it and gave him a nod recognition. "What do you know about the Joker?"

Gulping down the water, Rebecca placed the plastic cup down on the table and stared at him carelessly. "I thought I was brought here under murder charges, not to be squeezed for information about the newest criminal in town." She muttered.

"Look, peoples lives are in danger. I need anything you can give me, we've already lost someone very important." Harvey stressed staring her down.

"Yeah, I know. Gordon got killed, I can here people talking about it through the halls. And sorry to burst your bubble, but the Joker doesn't tell people what he's going to do. Hell, I don't even know if he knows what he's going to do." Rebecca sighed taking down her feet and leaning onto the table.

Harvey flipped through a file given to him by the police and examined it quickly. "You must mean something important to the Joker. You told the person who left you behind he would kill them, why? Also when you crashed Mr. Wayne's party and you were injured he helped you out." He explained examining the file further.

"Look, I don't know why he did that stuff ok. I guess he finds me useful and he'll be pissed because I'm gone." She grunted crossing her arms. Though, she really did know why he kept her around, but she wasn't going to let them gain leverage over him.

Growing aggravated Harvey slammed the file down on the metal table. "Your lying! If you help me out I can put you protective custody and you don't have to go to county. But if you don't-"

"Do you really think putting me in car and driving me ALL the way to county is a good idea? We both know how unpredictable the Joker is. Unless you want hundreds of innocent lives put in danger, I suggest you keep me here." She grinned.

Harvey stood up, his face red with anger as he stormed out. Rebecca smiled shamelessly, she stood up and walked to the one-way mirror. Breathing onto the glass, she wrote on it. 'Get me out of here. Soon a sour looking officer came in and yanked her out.

"Whoa, slow down there cowboy. I know you must hate me because, well, I worked with the guy who's killed a bunch of your friends." The officer tightened his grip on her arm as he himself tensed up. Grinning, Rebecca leaned close to his ear breathing into it. "Does that upset you?" She whispered. The officer threw her roughly into a cell with several other criminals. As he locked the cell door, she threw herself up against it, still grinning. "I can tell it does. Come on, doesn't it? It makes you mad to know that your friends have died, because of me and my boss."

The officer's lip rose into a snarl. "You’re a lucky bitch there are people watching."

Rebecca raised her eyebrows almost mocking him. She let out a soft laugh as the officer strode away.

[[The Joker's Hideout]]

The Joker strode up in down his room tearing at his greasy hair. Ebby hadn't been in the van when Harley came. Harley had told him that she had run away. He kept wondering why she did that. She had said she loved him, why would she run away? Had she betrayed him?

"Boss," Skeeter called knocking on the Joker's door, "I think you should come see something."

Throwing open his door, the Joker followed Skeeter to the living room. The TV was blaring as he stood in front of it, expectantly.

"We've been told an accomplice to the Joker, Rebecca Leal, is being held in police custody. She was found after the shooting in down town. Sources say she was left behind by another accomplice and is being questioned for the murder of a family. The family is supposedly her own-"

The Joker didn't listen after that, he was already after half way to Harley's room. Anger stricken he threw open Harley's door, frightening her. She jumped up and gazed lovingly at him.

"Yes hon?" She asked walking towards him.

Without any notice the Joker raised his hand smacking Harley to the ground. He glared at her harshly grabbing her collar and hoisting her up. He threw her against the wall, knocking down any pictures she had hanging. "You bitch!" He screamed kicking her in the stomach. "Because of you Ebby's in the slammer! Why did you do it!? Why?!" the Joker roared kicking her repeatedly.

"Because I love you!" Harley cried holding onto her aching stomach. "She was taking you away from me! I had to get rid of her I-"

BANG

Harley's body slumped against the ground, blood pouring from a bullet wound in her heart. The Joker glared at the body, anger still raging through him. He wanted to kill her again and again for getting Ebby taken away. But he did have a plan, though he told people other wise, to satisfy himself and the mobsters he worked for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well Harley's gone bye bye. I know for sure I'm not going to update to night, but since tomorrow night I can stay up as late as I want I'll probably be making several updates. Hope you enjoyed this one.

-Babylon